Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ged's Utility Room

+10
neanderthal
Tary5
niknak
ShortNorth
mikeanddi
slipperman12
Markh5682
aeroplanefan
StephenRWells
RIGFindlay
14 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 9 Empty Re: Ged's Utility Room

Post  dforrest Sun 14 Jan 2024, 1:24 pm

The Potteries route (NSR Lines) also has a very simple era changer but it only changes carspawners, static wagons and static road vehicles between BR and LMS. It uses a batch file.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 14 Jan 2024, 4:25 pm

Hi David,
Thanks Smile
I would think, with it being a more modern route, the Potteries 'Era Switcher' will work whatever the installation the route is located in. The problem with the Dorset Coast Era Swicher is that it ONLY works if the route is installed in the default MSTS installation!!

By the way, I've now got the DC version to work with ANY installation, including Open Rails, using MSTS_Swap!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 16 Jan 2024, 7:36 pm

Hi All,
MSTS_Swap now runs the Dorset Coast Era Switcher on any installation, MSTS or Open Rails, which has the Dorset route in its ROUTES folder, to my satisfaction.

My usual tester no longer runs the Dorset Coast route or MSTS_Swap.

If you have the Dorset Coast v6 route installed anywhere other than the MSTS default location AND want/need to run the Era Changer, please let me know if you'd like to check it out using the new version of MSTS_Swap.

I should reiterate that the Era Changer ONLY changes the livery of stations signage.  Dorset route Patch6-01 contains the original Era Switcher, which allows the user to switch between SWT (the route's default), later SWT and NSE liveries. An extended version, which adds BR Green and BR Blue liveries was uploaded by Geoffrey Swindale. The versions are available from trainsim.com as file IDs 23405 and 31211 respectively; in both cases, the supplied .exe file should be copied on to the Desktop.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9