Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ged's Utility Room

+10
neanderthal
Tary5
niknak
ShortNorth
mikeanddi
slipperman12
Markh5682
aeroplanefan
StephenRWells
RIGFindlay
14 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty Re: Ged's Utility Room

Post  rufuskins Mon 09 Aug 2021, 11:33 am

Despite minimal activity in MSTS, I was filling in time and once again applied SMS_Checker to some of my Mini Routes. Obviously these were set up some time ago and hence the errors resolved in my main MSTS set-up were replicated in the relevant Trainset folders in the Mini Routes. Should I decide to work my way through the Mini Routes - there are 53 - it will be a challenge! Mind you I should be able to copy relevant folders.
Out of interest I applied SMS_Checker to the SOUND folder within the main Train Simulator folder and unsurprisingly errors were indicated, although thankfully they were only a few. Why it never occurred to me to apply the utility earlier is not immediately apparent!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 09 Aug 2021, 1:41 pm

Hi Alec,
Good to see you still around, mate - hope you're keeping well Smile

sms_Checker reports many "errors" where the number entered in Streams is larger than the actual number of Stream entries.  MSTS doesn't care about this situation, only complaining if the number of Stream entries is greater than the Streams value!  There are are fair number in a default MSTS installation!! Open Rails, on the other hand, reports discrepancies either way, which is why I elected to report all differences.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 22 Aug 2021, 8:29 pm

Hi Ged
I'm continuing to review my Mini Routes using SMS_Checker, which becomes progressively quicker as it is possible to overwrite erroneous SMS files with previously corrected ones.
I have noticed one anomaly for the odd Trigger error where it is flagged up as follows:-

'Triggers' on line x has value of y. This is followed by y+1 Trigger lines.

The y+1 trigger line is in fact referenced as a "comment", which as I understand it means that that line is ignored. Hence the reported Trigger error can be described as the proverbial false positive or is that negative! I hope that makes sense.

Here's an example where the Triggers are flagged as needing to be 8 in the SMS check:-

Stream(
Priority( 6 )
Triggers( 7
Initial_Trigger ( DisableTrigger ( 7 ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past 2.5 DisableTrigger ( 6 ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past 2.5 EnableTrigger ( 7 ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past 2.5 DisableTrigger ( 7 ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past 2.5 EnableTrigger ( 6 ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 8 PlayOneShot (1 File ( "01Pfeife.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 8 PlayOneShot (1 File ( "01Pfeife1.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( RandomSelection ) ) )
comment ( Discrete_Trigger ( 9 ReleaseLoopReleaseWithJump () ) )
)
)

Regards Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 22 Aug 2021, 10:00 pm

Hi Alec,
Many thanks for your report.

Having just checked the program, it does (ie 'should' !!) ignore both 'comment' and 'skip' entries, but, obviously, isn't!

I'll come back within a couple of days.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 23 Aug 2021, 4:13 pm

Hi Alec,
Apologies for the extremely false logic which caused the Comment/Skip problem Embarassed

In one respect it's fortunate that 'comment' isn't used very often in .sms files but in another, it's unfortunate because, if its use had been more common, the error would have (probably) been found during initial testing.

Attached is the corrected executeable - if you could ensure that it now works correctly for that particular .sms file, it'd be appreciated.
Besides the correction, the only other change is in the version number - v0.24a - which will become v2.4 on release.
FYI The previous main release was v2.2. v2.3 was a release for one user with a peculiar requirement!  This is included in v0.24a but shouldn't have any adverse effects.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : The attachment has been removed now that v2.4 is available from the file library.

Last edited by slipperman12 on Thu 26 Aug 2021, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of test version of sms_Checker)

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 24 Aug 2021, 3:26 pm

Hi Ged
I have applied the version 0.24a to a known file - lnercab.sms located in the LNERSound folder within Common.YCR - that contains my referenced query, and it now ignores the trigger reference within the comment line.
When this first appeared, on the basis that any comment line wasn't needed to initiate an MSTS action, I merely deleted the comment line!
The need to correct the SMS files within my Mini Routes folder is best described as an itch that needs scratching. Not being at all knowledgeable with respect to locomotive sounds, since I first started using MSTS I have accepted the sounds generated from the relevant files. Whether I will notice any significant improvement remains to be "heard"!
I continue to be impressed - and a little jealous - of your progamming skills, and look forward to any future utilities you are able to produce. Finally thanks for all the work you have done, and at least allowing for time I have a memory of our brief meeting at the Keighley show way back when!
Take care and all the best, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 24 Aug 2021, 3:47 pm

Hi Alec,
Thanks for your very kind words Smile
Yes, I remember our meeting at Keighley - it seems a very long time ago now!!

There were 4 downloads of v0.24a and, as I don't suppose they were all by yourself, I'll wait a day or two before uploading v2.4, just in case there's something else which needs fixing!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 24 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm

Hi Ged
I only downloaded v0.24a once.
Out of interest are you aware of a utility that can tell you what SMS or CVF files within a SOUND folder are relevant to the ENG/WAG file within the TRAINSET folder? I mention this because it's not unusual to find more than one set of SMS (...cab.sms and ...eng.sms) files within a SOUND folder I realise that the files are relatively small but when you have 50+ Mini Routes on one HD that is likely to add up.
Regards, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 24 Aug 2021, 8:58 pm

Hi Alec,
I don't know of such a utility, but feel it could produce some very long lists, depending on the number of stock items you have! Or have I mistaken what you're looking for?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 25 Aug 2021, 12:15 pm

Hi Ged
Having thought about it some more yesterday evening I had also come to the conclusion that any such utility would produce a significant list of potentially superfluous SMS files.
To be honest I wasn't actually looking for such a utility but was merely interested in whether one might exist. With my current MSTS set-up as well as the 50+ Mini Routes it certainly would be a "long" list!
I had assumed that where there were multiple SMS files within a SOUND folder that one set may have been imported from elsewhere and the actual relevant ones were based on these and suitably amended, but the base ones were then never deleted.
Regards, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 25 Aug 2021, 1:08 pm

Hi Alec,
You only have to look at the 2 Cylinder or 3 Cylinder sound folders! They have numerous .sms files, each with a specific purpose and I doubt if any of them could be considered as redundant. If any .sms files were updated, they would, by necessity, be given the same names as the originals and when installed would just overwrite them.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty sms_Checker v2.4

Post  slipperman12 Thu 26 Aug 2021, 1:42 pm

Hi All,
This version is now available from the TSSH library and will be downloadable from the libraries at UKTS, TS.com and ET.com as soon as it's been approved.

I have removed v0.24a from a previous post.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 26 Aug 2021, 4:27 pm

Hi Ged
Many thanks for this and will look to download it later this evening.
A few more comments on the sound files (SMS) for an individual locomotive. It is not uncommon to revise these files within the Sound folder of the Trainset folder in accordance with the results of the SMS_Checker facility. At which stage - out of interest - you look at the Engine file and see that the sound call-ups within that file refer to a relevant folder located in either a similar locomotive or more commonly a Common.Sound folder! Thus that particular Sound folder is superfluous and could have been deleted!
Of course I could have avoided this by reviewing the relevant files when installing locomotives!
Regards, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Fri 27 Aug 2021, 9:19 am

Yes, I have found the same, up to six sms files in a sound folder, and sometimes not even one used by the eng files. Sometimes the instructions mention alternatives, which may be commercial stock with a default as a "last resort". But sometime completely unnecessary files.
Never mind, they keep Ged's utility busy!
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 28 Aug 2021, 8:34 pm

Hi Ged
I note that SMS_Checker v2.4 has come up with another comment not seen in previous versions.
Here is an example:-

Common.sound\ELR_CT.SND\Class08\Class08Cab.sms
.sms file ignored due to its location

I assume that the thinking is that in general the SMS file comes third in the line that directs you to an alternative location, and hence as it comes fourth in the above line it can be ignored? However presumably if an item of stock uses the above line then it would create the defined sound? I would be interested to know whether that SMS file can be ignored?
Regards, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 28 Aug 2021, 9:03 pm

Hi Alec,
Thanks for your report.
I must apologise that the message ".sms file ignored due to its location" is caused by the way I was attempting to ensure a valid path hierarchy.

I am in the process of fixing it so ask you to, please, bear with v2.4 for a while.  No, the .sms file should not be ignored, but the current program won't process it - Sorry  Embarassed
The path is quite legitimate, so long as the .wav files are correctly aliased.

If it's any of help, the report for this folder from the new version of the program is attached.

Cheers,
Ged

Last edited by slipperman12 on Thu 27 Oct 2022, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 28 Aug 2021, 9:42 pm

Hi Ged
Thanks for the response - it would appear we don't have anything better to do on a Saturday evening - and I will push on with my checks using v2.4.
I was getting a lot of these messages because I had created a series of my own Common.Sound folders and included within those a SOUND folder containing the relevant SMS files. I could then take that SOUND folder and copy it into a stock folder and amend the ENG/WAG files to suit.
I did this many years ago when I was trying to standardise my Trainset. In hind sight it was probably not worth it as the variety of available stock would not have matched any Activities I created. It would have been very useful if a standardised approach had been adopted by the community way back when, but we all know about hindsight!
Regards, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 28 Aug 2021, 10:18 pm

Hi Alec,
I can see that you've created 'holding' folders for .sms files, so sms_Checker will read those files and report any faults it finds.  There are likely to be a great many 'missing' .wav files reported because the aliasing is wrong for the location of the .sms file.  As mentioned in the readme, the program can only show genuine errors if the standard MSTS folder hierarchy is followed. That is, if MSTS was to read those .sms files, it would reproduce the appropriate sounds.  The problem here is that MSTS doesn't report any missing .wav files and all the user hears is .....  nothing ..... if the addressing isn't appropriate!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 29 Aug 2021, 9:40 am

Hi Ged
At the time that I set up my own personal Common.Sound folder for diesel and electric locomotives it was a long process as noted below:-

1. I chose a Sound folder that seemed to my ear to best represent the relevant locomotive.
2. I copied and renamed the Sound folder to suit; e.g. Class_105_Sound.
3. I then renamed the SMS files to suit; e.g. Class105cab.sms.
4. I then amended the file references on the trigger lines to point at the Common.Sound folder; e.g. File ( "../../common.sound/Class_105_Sound/DMU_idle_int.wav" -1 )
5. The SMS files could then be inserted in the locomotive's Sound folder.

As you can imagine this was a slow and laborious business, although at the time I had grand ideas about creating my own standardised MSTS! (I did something similar for a standardised Common.Cab!)

At that time I assumed that the Sound folders were essentially correct, after Route Riter checks! However as your various utilities have shown MSTS files contained a number of errors, although these didn't always directly affect MSTS running.

Anyway enough of my waffle and it's time to once again address missing Streams, Triggers, Files and Brackets!

Regards, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty No Trees

Post  slipperman12 Thu 02 Sep 2021, 3:09 pm

Hi All,
Version 1.2 of No Trees is now available from the TSSH library and will be downloadable from those at ET.com, TS.com and UKTS when approved.

This version now correctly processes 'complete' .trk files, ie copied directly from the route's folder, including those containing additional characters following the last legitimate close bracket.
(v1.1 was not released)

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty What to do

Post  neanderthal Fri 03 Sep 2021, 8:35 am

Hello Ged, A couple of weeks back I entered some files marked as open rails with an enclosed file to remove trees rom the track of certain Routes. My question is then should I remove these files before using this Version 1.2 No Trees. Thanks in advance Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 03 Sep 2021, 10:40 am

Hi Roger,
If the .trk file in the OpenRails folder of the route you're referring to contains an entry for ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance or entries for ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance and ORTSUserPreferenceRemoveForestTreesFromRoads then you don't  need NoTrees, but you can use it to modify one or both existing values.  Note that the second parameter cannot be present without the first.

The program is intended for those who are a little unsure of how to enter these parameters, particularly if the route doesn't have an OpenRails folder, when the program will create everything necessary.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty Thanks

Post  neanderthal Fri 03 Sep 2021, 4:40 pm

Thanks for that Ged !

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty sms_Checker v2.5

Post  slipperman12 Sat 04 Sep 2021, 7:04 pm

Hi All,
sms_Checker v2.5 is now available from the library, and will be from the libraries at UKTS, trainsim.com and elvastower.com when approved.

Reasons for this release
1. Fixed a bug in the common* folder checking routine which caused the message :  .sms file ignored due to its location  even though everything was legitimate.
2. Some routes (mainly North American) use a folder named 'alias' to contain .sms files.  Some of those 'alias' folders are only used for 'holding' the .sms files for subsequent copying into .eng/.wag files, while for others the .sms files are used directly from that folder. Previous versions of sms_Checker ignored these folders. giving the above message.  Running v2.5 in its default condition results in these folders being reported as  .sms file in 'alias' folder ignored. A check box is provided to enable 'alias' folders to be included in all validations.  Full instructions are included in the revised readme.

As always, please report any bugs, difficulties or suggestions here, or by PM.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 08 Sep 2021, 8:40 pm

Hi All,
After running tests for v2.5 of sms_Checker using my "Mega MSTS Installation" (it's only used for testing utilities as MSTS would never be able to run it!!) it crossed my mind that, maybe, there could be some mileage in offering options to select the type of errors being checked for. This could help where a great many errors of various types are displayed. If no options are selected, the programs runs and reports exactly as it does now. A couple of extra messages are displayed on completion of a run, as shown in the screenshot.

So, I'd really like to know if it would be worth including such a facility in the next version, or would it just add complication - for the user, not me!! The program is already functioning as expected Smile

I won't attach the program here, but if you'd like to look at it, please send me a PM.

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Sms_ch10

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm

That sounds a very good idea. Occasionally  we do need to look for specific faults.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:37 pm

Many thanks, Roderic Smile

Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty sms_Checker

Post  slipperman12 Tue 05 Oct 2021, 3:07 pm

Hi All,
sms_Checker v3.0 has been uploaded to the TSSH library.

The basic program remains unchanged but with the additional facility of being able to check for (or correct, where appropriate) specific types of error only.
Minor cosmetic changes have been made to accommodate the new facility.

Also, a minor bug concerning the validity of 'common*' folders has (hopefully!) been fixed.

As usual, please let me know of any problems and/or suggestions for improvements/enhancements.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 04 Dec 2021, 11:21 am

Hi All,
Yes, it's been a long time, but I'm still here!! Who at the back there said "SHAME"?!

I've been working on a utility which is similar to the old Activity_Changer, but is (I think) easier to use, doesn't require Java to be installed and may be installed (almost) anywhere.
It doesn't delete activity speed limits or passive trains (whatever they may be) or generate random AI (because I find it difficult to understand!) or display the Briefing, although the last item could be added.

I'm looking for testers, but anyone who'd just like a look is also welcome, because I'd like to know if such a utility would be useful.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty My Utilities and Open Rails

Post  slipperman12 Fri 17 Dec 2021, 2:03 pm

Hi All,
Most of my utilities have been designed for use with MSTS but, up to now, have also worked successfully with Open Rails routes and stock.  However, as OR progresses, it diverges from MSTS more and more and some previously important 'keywords' are becoming redundant or their required parameter values are being changed.  This will have an adverse effect on some utilities.

Although this is not an undertaking to fix all of my utilities, please let me know if you encounter any such problems.  In these cases, full details are essential Smile

Thanks

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty ActivityTimesChanger

Post  slipperman12 Sat 18 Dec 2021, 9:47 pm

Hi All,
v1.0 of this utility has been uploaded to the library.
it is also available from UKTS and elvastower.com and will be from trainsim.com as soon as it's been approved.

The user can modify any, or all, of the Season, Weather and Start Time values, and can change any individual station's arrival and/or departure times for the Player's service. Rounding of these times to 30 seconds or 1 minute may be applied separately.

It is based on Torben Spiegler's  ActivityChanger but doesn't need Java and may be installed (almost) anywhere.  
It doesn't have all the functions of that program, but if they are deemed to be essential, I'll consider adding them (if I can get my head around them!).

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Jonathan David likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty ActivityTimesChanger

Post  slipperman12 Sun 19 Dec 2021, 11:56 am

Hi All,
My sincere apologies, but a damned bug crept in at the last minute!!  I'll blame Omicron Smile

v1.0 did not update the traffic (AI) times in activity and traffic files when the Start Time was modified.

This is fixed (or should be) in v1.1, which is now available from the library (but I've got my fingers crossed!)
Thanks to Dave Richtmyer for pointing this out to me Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty ConsistsData - My New Utility??

Post  slipperman12 Mon 31 Jan 2022, 7:04 pm

Hi All,
Ever since the early days of MSTS, the advice has been that if you don't have the stock to run an activity, you should substitute it with the stock you do have.  That's easier said than done!  it's known which stock is missing and the consists indicate exactly how that stock is 'arranged', but the unknown bits are the weight and length of the original consist/s.  It's wellknown that substituting one consist for another can lead to problems where the replacement won't fit into the space allocated for the original.  Additionally, if the replacement consists weigh more than the original, there's a possibility that the schedule won't be maintained.  Of course, it can work the other way, but here I'm only considering the worst-case scenario!  

A conversation with a member of the elvastower Forum in the middle of December on this subject resulted in the suggestion that a utility to store the weight and length of a consist within the file itself might be useful.
I had, and still have, my doubts regarding the usefulness of such a utility, but I treated it as an 'exercise' which, in the end, kept me 'off the streets' for 6 weeks and I enjoyed creating it!!  I think to be of any benefit, the author of every activity would need to run this utility on their consists before release so that the users of those activities will be aware of the weight and length of each 'new' consist.

I have sent the program to my correspondent and am awaiting his response.  In the meantime, I'd like the opinion of the Community on the usefulness of this utility - please say whatever you like, I won't be upset if you think it's not worth the effort!  On the other hand, maybe I've missed something Smile   Please let me know if you'd like to have a look at it - it comes with a full readme!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  niknak Mon 31 Jan 2022, 8:00 pm

Well for what its worth Ged I'd like to try this utility. I often have to change out consists using good old ConBuilder and I'm always conscious that if I get the length wrong with the substituted stock then I could get an "unable to place consist" message.

Regards,

Nick

niknak

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 31 Jan 2022, 10:14 pm

Hi Nick,
Thank you for your interest Smile

I've sent you a PM with a link to my Google Drive.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 01 Feb 2022, 5:03 am

G'day Ged,

Notwithstanding that you have created a new utility, this Consist information is already available in the TSRE5 Consist Editor, see below :

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Tsre5-10

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 01 Feb 2022, 10:48 am

Hi Ged,

ACTIVITYTIMESCHANGER

I find this very useful for the Player train but I would like it to be able to change the start times of ai services - so many times when creating activities I need to re-time services because of conflicting movements, failing to "arrive in view". etc.

CONSISTSDATA - MY NEW UTILITY??

I agree with Short North about the availability of the TSRE5 Consist Editor which I now use exclusively for creating, checking and modifying consists. One other advantage is that you can zoom in and rotate each stock item rather like Paul Gaudsen's Shape Viewer but without all his functions - ideal for quick viewing. To my mind it is the best that I have ever used.

It will be interesting to compare yours with TSRE5 Consist Editor when you release it, who knows yours could be even better and I'll have to revise my opinion!!

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  niknak Tue 01 Feb 2022, 2:54 pm

Utility received Ged. Many thanks.

Regards,

Nick

niknak

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 01 Feb 2022, 3:24 pm

Hi Stephen & 'ShortNorth',
I appreciate that information is available from the TSRE5 Consist Editor, as it is from ConBuilder.
The idea is that once the data has been written into the consist file, there's no need to run it through another program to obtain the information next time it's needed. This, obviously, assumes that the consist hasn't been changed! In these cases, individually selected consists may have their details updated.

@Stephen : I'm sorry to say that my utility doesn't have any graphic display of a consist!. I don't know if the TSRE5 CE accepts different UoM for the weight, but ConsistsData deals with metric tonnes, long tons, short tons together with kg and lb, which I have also seen used!

Regarding AI start times in ActivityTimesChanger, it's something I'll have a look at Smile All the AI start times are changed if the Activity Start Time is amended, but I assume you'd like the facility to change the start time of a selected AI service ?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Tue 01 Feb 2022, 3:58 pm

Hi Ged,

Would it be possible to take a look at your latest utility, CONSISTSDATA please.

Cheers

Terry W.

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 01 Feb 2022, 6:33 pm

Hi Terry,
You certainly can Smile
I've sent you a PM with a link to it.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Tue 01 Feb 2022, 6:44 pm

Thank' Ged

I will pick it up tomorrow pm thanks

Cheers

TW

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 02 Feb 2022, 11:38 am

Hi Ged,

Yes, the idea is to be able to change individual ai start times.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 02 Feb 2022, 1:49 pm

Hi Stephen,
If you only want to change the Start Time of an AI Service, more than 90% of the coding is already present.  This is how I think the (additional) first stage will look :
Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Atc-ai11
After selecting a Service, "Change AI Times" will become available and, after pressing it, the user will be able to enter a new time.  The difference between the original and modified times will then be applied to each individual station's arrival and departure times listed in the service. Some AI services have the same time shown for each arrival and departure in which case they will all still show the same time, modified as above.
If, on the other hand, you require the facility to independently change individual station times within the AI service that will take a little (!) longer to implement.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 02 Feb 2022, 4:05 pm

Hi Ged,

Most of the time I don't have specific arrival/departure times for ai passenger trains so that looks ideal, thank you.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 07 Feb 2022, 8:04 pm

Hi Stephen,
A test version of the new ActivityTimesChanger is now available and I have sent you a PM with a Google Drive download link.

I'm looking forward to your response Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 07 Feb 2022, 9:11 pm

Hi Ged,

Thanks for the update and pm, I'll have a look in the morning.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Ged's Utility Room - Page 7 Empty Answer please

Post  neanderthal Tue 08 Feb 2022, 9:08 am

Ok, so I use Activity Times Changer, but if I drive from Point A and pass  an AI train at point B will I still meet that same AI train at the same spot if I alter my timings by (eg) a minute or two ? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but it's not that obvious to me. Embarassed

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 08 Feb 2022, 11:12 am

Hi Roger,
If you change the Player departure time and do not change the AI start time and assuming you drive at exactly the same speed you will not pass the AI train at the same place.

If, on the other hand, you change the Activity Start Time, all Player arrival and departure times and all the AI start times will be changed by the same amount, so in that case, you should pass the AI train at the same place, again, assuming you drive at exactly the same rate!

I hope that helps, mate Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 08 Feb 2022, 1:28 pm

Thank you for that Ged.I didn't even realise you could change the AI times.That will be above my capabilities, and I only change the Arrival / Departure times by a minute or so, so should be alright ... Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next