Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

+12
dee4141
Jonathan David
ShortNorth
dforrest
andrew moody
RIGFindlay
StephenRWells
slipperman12
35005CP
Markh5682
ianmacmillan
rufuskins
16 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 7 Empty Re: Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

Post  rufuskins Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:39 pm

dforrest wrote:One question.  Have you uploaded any LYR coaches to UKTS?  If so, I cannot find them.

No, I haven't uploaded any LYR coaches to UKTS.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 7 Empty Re: Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches

Post  Jonathan David Thu 02 Nov 2017, 8:02 am

An ENORMOUS thank you for all these beautiful vehicles.
JONATHAN

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 02 Nov 2017, 11:36 pm

Alec,

And another thanks from me - I particularly like the Toplights. A very welcome addition to the LNWR stable.

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 03 Nov 2017, 10:06 pm

Thank you for the kind comments. Whilst I try to finalise the King's Saloon, here's a screenshot of a pair of 30 x 8ft Diagram 86 Third Class Picnic Saloons. These originally worked as a pair with their single gangway connections facing each other.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 7 Lnwr_310

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:17 pm

Nice !

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Tue 07 Nov 2017, 5:25 pm

Delicious North Western coaches downloaded from UKTS. Thank you so much.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 10 Nov 2017, 11:25 pm

Here's a picture of a Diagram 9 Inspection Saloon:-
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 7 Lnwr_s10

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Fri 10 Nov 2017, 11:29 pm

Alec, I sent you an email yesterday concerning a possible problem with the naming of some of the coaches.  Did you see it?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:24 pm

Yes I did but haven't checked it yet!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:31 pm

rufuskins wrote:Yes I did but haven't checked it yet!

No problem, Alec. I was just checking that you had seen it.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:20 pm

The proposed Royal Train is still in the workshop whilst I potter along with some smaller carriages - 18ft 6in length up to 34ft length, although still a fair few 32ft length to complete. The latter include a number of postal vehicles with net apparatus. I'm trying to work out the best way to model that element and I should hasten to add that they will NOT be working ones!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 09 Dec 2017, 8:56 pm

I've just realised that I have modelled the postal vehicles with side gangways incorrectly. so I need to go back and partially redo at least six models! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:12 pm

The side gangway vehicles now amended, and I'm trying my hand with postal vehicles using some parts supplied by Brian. This also showed me that I have a very narrow knowledge of TSM. It'll be interesting to see how the models develop. My wife's cancer has taken a turn for the worse and she is often asleep and doing TSM work helps me to relax a little.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:31 pm

Hi Alec,
Sorry to hear that Ilma's not too good. All you can do is support her and hope for the best.
Please pass my very best wishes on to her.

Regards,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm

My very best wishes to you both at this difficult time. I hope Ilma feels at peace, and the knowledge that you are with her will do her all the good in the world.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 11 Dec 2017, 5:31 pm

Hi Alec,

I am also sorry to hear that Ilma's condition has deteriorated and hope that while she's asleep she is at peace. Your attentiveness and devotion to her must be a great comfort to her now and in the future.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Mon 11 Dec 2017, 6:30 pm

All I can do is echo the comments of others about your wife. I find words very hard in these circumstances. Obviously, she must take priority, though I fully understand your comment about having something to concentrate on such as MSTS modelling.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 11 Dec 2017, 10:24 pm

Very many thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes, they are appreciated both by Ilma and myself.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:34 am

Hi Alec.

Sorry to hear that Ilma has taken a turn for the worse, hope they are managing to control the pain and I echo the comments above.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:15 pm

I'm currently working on 32ft carriages as shown in the picture below:-
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 7 32ft-c10
TBU = To Be Uploaded

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 19 Dec 2017, 10:43 pm

I've just realised that the panelling to the Post Office vehicles is not quite correct, as there should be some narrow panels between each wide panel! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
I now need to revisit the ACE files to amend to suit!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 07 Jan 2018, 11:46 am

Now that Ilma's funeral is over, I will start to try and get back to some serious TSM work. In particular progressing the various LNWR carriages as I have quite a few which are nearly complete but need minor amendments to textures, etc.
As an aside I will also look to complete some of the outstanding LYR wagons - about 8 I think - and also start to see whether I can try my hand at a locomotive. I initially considered a "Claughton", but it was suggested that that might be a bit too complex to start with. I'm therefore looking to try Hughes' 4-6-0, I have some information already supplemented by extra data from Darwin.
I haven't forgotten LYR carriages but they will have to wait their turn.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 20 Jan 2018, 9:59 am

This last week has not been good as the stress and strain of the last year seem to have caught up with me, and I have been quite poorly with a heavy duty chest infection! It's only now that I'm beginning to feel something like after a week of antibiotics and staying in bed - mind you I still have a cough that is somewhat painful!
Hopefully over the next week my health will improve and with it my modelling desire?

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:37 am

Hi Alec, sorry to hear that you are unwell, I have found that as I've got older that minor ills take a little longer to clear
up and that I get tired during the day and need a rest but pick up in the evening ready to tackle problems.
Stick with it and hope that you can get back to creating wonderful rolling stock for MSTS again, the world wouldn't
be the same without them.

Cheers
Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 20 Jan 2018, 11:30 am

Hi Alec,

That's all you need after all the stress of last year. Hopefully you will soon get much better especially with spring just round the corner. Don't rush too much, Bob is quite right, everything takes longer to mend as time goes on. I'll look forward to more of your excellent rolling stock when you are ready.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:03 pm

I agree with every word Bob wrote. One thing I find, when feeling below par, is to set yourself small targets. Tackle one small job and you soon find yourself happily finishing three or four. Very best wishes,
Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 28 Jan 2018, 11:06 pm

Made a tentative effort to create a new coach model, although it was very difficult to concentrate as I am suffering with the back end of a chest infection plus what appears to be a bit of conjunctivitis! Seem to be vulnerable to anything and everything!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Mon 29 Jan 2018, 4:59 pm

Postal stock mentioned above. Interesting stuff. I was planning at some point to do the vehicles that survived into the 1930s.
I found information fairly scarce though.

In the meantime not sure reading this screen is such a great idea. Think I made my last episode of conjunctivitis last longer by spending too much time looking at the computer screen.

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:55 pm

I've completed most of the 32ft Postal vehicles listed in the 1915 LNWR Coach Diagram Book - see above, but the textures need revisiting. I've also attempted 42ft, 34ft and a few others.

I'm currently working on some 54ft x 9ft Cove Roof diagrams. I'm also hoping to look at Darwin's recent releases for OR operation in order to see what might need doing to allow my earlier coach uploads to be adjusted!

Excluding those that are awaiting final checks and adjustments I would need to complete 130+ diagrams to complete what's listed in the above Diagram Book!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:04 am

Here's my latest effort - Diagram 100 54ft x 9ft Cove Roof First Non-corridor :-

Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 7 D10010

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Thu 08 Feb 2018, 8:58 pm

Very handsome indeed. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 02 Mar 2018, 9:53 pm

Managed to complete a Diagram 42 3rd Class Dining Car - 47ft 9in x 8ft 9in with clerestory roof. Assumed it was on 2 axle bogies, but after checking realised they were on 3 axle bogies. Would not be able to confirm the exact details, and the tableware is purely indicative.
Rufuskins' Workshop LNWR Coaches - Page 7 D42_di10
Will now try a Diagram 43, which is very similar but with a different table and chair layout - still 3rd class. Then the only other 47ft 9in length coach in the 1916 Coach Diagram Book is Diagram 31A, which is a 1st Class Dining Car. Need to look out for a kitchen car to work with these.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 03 Mar 2018, 7:58 pm

Diagram 43 completed and now moving onto Diagram 31A. This includes a kitchen compartment and presumably could work with either 42 or 43.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 24 Mar 2018, 10:19 am

I have completed Diagram 31A and started to develop Diagrams 379 and 380 (Brake Vans for Milk traffic) but have really struggled to concentrate on them or any other TSM model. What I may try and do is go back through the completed models that haven't been uploaded and check and amend to suit - there are some 60+!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Sat 24 Mar 2018, 12:09 pm

It is bound to be difficult for a while, but you are doing some splendid work which will bring great joy to others and, I hope, to yourself.
Best wishes,
Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 27 Mar 2018, 4:30 pm

I'm currently re-arranging the room where the computer is located in order to see whether I can fit a model railway in. At the moment I appear to have an area of 3000 x 450mm to fit a simple OO layout in - N gauge too small for handling and eyesight. I've nearly finished Diagram 379 and will work on Diagram 380 afterwards.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Tue 27 Mar 2018, 7:13 pm

Excellent. That is progress. Good luck. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 28 Mar 2018, 2:09 am

rufuskins wrote:I'm currently re-arranging the room where the computer is located in order to see whether I can fit a model railway in. At the moment I appear to have an area of 3000 x 450mm to fit a simple OO layout in - N gauge too small for handling and eyesight..................
That's good !

I hope that it is of a LYR layout (Bachmann's lovely 2-4-2T), or if not, a LNWR layout (the lovely Bachmann Super D 0-8-0) - there should be enough LYR or LNWR models around to make a small branch with fiddle yard.

An interesting thing would be to 'hark back to the old days of printed card' rolling stock - you have so many excellent wagon and carriage textures - if you have a colour printer you could scale the textures and print onto thin card overlays and make a set of unique custom LYR or LNWR models that no-one else has. I think it would be a fitting tribute to the early pioneers of the model railway trade, a la Steadman or early Peco wagon kits. Somewhere buried away in my garage I still have about a half dozen sheets of printed wagon cards that I never got round to building

My own OO layout is now well over 45 years old and languishing in the garage (U-shaped round the walls) blocked in by years of bulk storage items and plagued with a constant dust problem - the layout hasn't been run or worked on for more than 10 years, and has been through 4 house moves over the years. It is a hypothetical model of the MR in Huddersfield Newtown, assuming the MR built their whole station BEFORE the Great War - hence that's why the 'real' MR Newtown branch has been included in the Huddersfield route - I had many years of research stored away, so could build the branch easily. A four day visit to Huddersfield in 82, while I was on holidays in the UK, resulted in many photos, books and other local resources.

Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 28 Mar 2018, 8:52 am

Thanks for the encouragement.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 10 Apr 2018, 2:18 pm

I continue to "potter" with LNWR coaches as well as progress the model railway. I've ordered baseboards, as my woodworking skills are bordering on non-existant, and they should be ready in a week or two. I've also acquired some PECO track and once I have the baseboards I can progress the various schemes to decide which offers both modelling and driving variety as well as fit in the 3m x 450mm space!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Tue 10 Apr 2018, 4:14 pm

Excellent. Keep us posted. Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 13 May 2018, 6:38 pm

As can be deduced from the lack of posts in this thread I have done very little with TSM due to my preparatory work for the model railway and looking after my niece's dog - they're having a dormer added.

In the immediate future I don't anticipate working very much on my TSM carriages, apart from perhaps checking and finalising those models already completed but not yet uploaded.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dee4141 Sun 13 May 2018, 8:43 pm

A model railway!....Lucky you Alec.....hope you post a photo or two once you get it installed. Very Happy
dee4141
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 18 Jun 2018, 3:57 pm

In line with my last post I have managed to check 4 out of 5 potential uploads comprising Brakes, Dining, Non-corridor and Postal. The last upload to be checked will comprise a series of Saloon type coaches. The overall total number of coaches should be about 66. There will be other coaches that fall in these categories but they are still to be completed as well as some Corridor coaches.
There are no consists so these will need to be made up using your preferred utility - personally I use ConBuilder.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 22 Jun 2018, 11:17 pm

I have this evening uploaded six (6) packs of LNWR carriages to UKTS, comprising a total of 67 coaches. (Please note that I no longer use Dropbox and hence they are not available here on TSSH.)

The coach packs cover Brakes, Corridor, Dining, Non-corridor, Postal and Saloons, however no consists are included. In addition they are primarily aimed at MSTS, although they may be able to be used in Open Rails - possibly requiring some tweaking of the WAG file!

I very much hope that these may be of use on Brian's excellent LNWR version of Black Country and his even better original Huddersfield route.

As noted earlier I will not be actively modelling more coaches except when taking a break from my model railway attempt! As an aside I reckon there might be still some 130 odd carriages from the 1915 Diagram Book still outstanding!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 23 Jun 2018, 11:07 am

Hi Alec,
Thanks, mate Smile
hence they are not available here on TSSH
You don't need Dropbox to upload them to this site!
I've uploaded my utilities here and have never used Dropbox!

However, I appreciate that there may be a limit on the size of any uploads here, of which I'm unaware.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 19 Aug 2018, 2:48 pm

Better late than never I'll reply to Ged's comment on Dropbox. To the best of my knowledge there is no limit in terms of uploads to TSSH, but of course there is a limit to the free Dropbox use. However this was not my problem, which was that startup on my computer was significantly slowed by Dropbox "synchronising", and I therefore decided not to use Dropbox. I had thought that by telling Dropbox not to activate in startup - by ticking appropriate boxes -, somehow it always seemed to be activated on startup!

In terms of LNWR carriage modelling I am still working up occasional coaches, when not working on the model railway or attempting to remodel the garden.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  RIGFindlay Mon 25 Mar 2019, 4:49 pm

Lovely batch of LNWR passenger brakes on UKTS. Glad to see you are still at work.

Roderic

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 25 Mar 2019, 7:28 pm

Thank you Roderic. I've also uploaded a further two batches of LNWR coaches this evening, which together with the earlier one makes another 50+ LNWR coach diagrams available for use in MSTS and Open Rails - assuming the latter will accept them. I have done very little in the way of TSM modelling recently, as I continue with my model railway. Should I decide to create more then there is about 60-70 diagrams still to do from the 1915 Diagram Book.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 25 Mar 2019, 7:32 pm

Hi Alec,
Good to see you're still around - hope you're keeping well Smile

Many thanks for these new coaches.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next