Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKTS Cannock Chase route

+3
marcus1940
Markh5682
MS302
7 posters

Go down

UKTS Cannock Chase route Empty UKTS Cannock Chase route

Post  MS302 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 5:50 pm

I have downloaded the 5 files for the above route and tried to install same.The installer reports unable to install texture files beginning with one of the ACleanTrack texture files as one of the installation files was corrupted.RouteRiter reports texture file for the signals also missing.Despite all this,the route appears in the activity editor and I can create an activity.

However when I try to run the train,the latter appears in a total white void.Obviously much is missing .

Would someone out there email me the texture folder ( and contents ) in order that I can get it to work ? Also,does the route use UK Finescale track ?

Thank you,

MS302

Back to top Go down

UKTS Cannock Chase route Empty Re: UKTS Cannock Chase route

Post  Markh5682 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 6:23 pm

Hi.

For V4 of the route..............

Have you got Cannock Chase V3 on CD? (Available from UKTS  CD ordering).

The flies in the V4 downloads are only the update files from V3 to V4, you need to have the CD version 3 installed already for these uploads to work.

From the UKTS download page:-

Welcombe to Cannock Chase v4 this an extension of CC3 (On CD) which you will need to have installed, built using Xtracks 3.6 by Okrasa Ghia So you will need to have this installed to run the route also you need to have all six default routes installed in the msts route folder, also tsection data file 19 or later in the global folder (back up the original)

A readme is contained, by default this update REPLACES V3, but it is possible to take a copy first, and bring V3 back, and run both side-by-side.

Also supplied is a ZIP file of consists, which naturally have to be unzipped to your consists folder!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For V5 of the route.

You do not need any previous versions of the route to install this. you'l need the latest Tsection and Xtracks installed.

Make sure you have all six default routes installed, After installation, .Go into the routes file folder "CC5 and double click on the file "installme.bat" file and this will complete the installation.

Hope that helps.  OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm

This is what is contained in one of the download pages :

). To install this route you must have all 6 Default MSTS routes installed. If you use trainstore, there is no need to unstore them as the installation will extract the needed shape and texture files.
2). You must if you do not already have them in your global folder, install the following files from UKTS.
a). A recent copy of XTracks UKTS file #14093
b). Recent Tsection build 35 UKTS file #13758
3). Download all 5 Zips into a temporary folder and unzip them there.
4). Execute "CC5_Cannock_Chase.exe". This will automatically install the route for you into :-
C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesTrain SimulatorROUTESCC5.

It is V5.No other files apart from the route map in the F/L

Anyone have the route and willing to share ?

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus1940 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 7:45 pm

Once installed did you run the "installme.bat" file in the route folder as per the instructions?? This I think will solve all your problems
Mike

marcus1940

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:35 pm

Naturally ! The problem appears to be with the installer.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:52 pm

Hi MS302,
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the installer!!  I'm afraid it's the keyboard operator Smile

The corruption message you got is because you didn't put all 5 files into one folder after they were unpacked.  The result was that when CC5_Cannock_Chase.exe finished and "looked for" the other files, they weren't there, hence the message!   Copy the other 4 files (they have the same name as the exe file with extensions of D01, D02, D03 and D04) into the same folder as the exe file then try running the exe again.

Of course, if you haven't configured Windows to show file extensions, all the files may look the same!!

One other thing - if you're running any version of Windows after XP, you shouldn't be using C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) for MSTS.

If you're new to MSTS, or even Windows, please come back and we'll attempt to put you on the right track (intentionsl pun!!).

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:16 pm

They were all in the same folder (The one where I keep the default routes).Everything installed as per Steam4Me.Installer ran,gave me the error message as in original post.I have installed loads of routes,some with this type of installer.Been running MSTS over 10 years.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:35 pm

I have just downloaded the route and installed it as per instructions, it installed perfectly.

I have just given it a short run in explore route using one of the included paths, using an LNWR 0-6-0 with Alec's 42ft  coaches, (which I'm currently testing) everything ran as expected. OK

Screenshot from route.............
UKTS Cannock Chase route CC5_zpsatxmbeig

Last edited by Markh5682 on Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:36 pm

Hi MS302,
My apologies!!
... but to test the situation you reported,
The installer reports unable to install texture files beginning with one of the ACleanTrack texture files as one of the installation files was corrupted.
I placed just the exe file in a folder and ran it. The result was the same error as you reported.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:44 pm

Markh5682 wrote:I have just downloaded the route and installed it as per instructions, it installed perfectly.

I have just given it a short run in explore route using one of the included paths, using an LNWR 0-6-0 with Alec's 42ft  coaches, (which I'm currently testing) everything ran as expected.  OK

Screenshot from route.............
UKTS Cannock Chase route CC5_zpsatxmbeig

Perhaps you would like to help me out with the files ?

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 27 Jan 2016, 9:56 pm

If you think your files are corrupted, re-download them from UKTS and place all 5 in a new folder, then extract them all into the same folder, it should look something like this............................

UKTS Cannock Chase route CC5InstallFiles_zpszk9sixah

Run the installer from the new folder (with all the above files present) and see if it works OK this time.

Make sure you have an up to date version of Xtracks installed.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:34 pm

Quite frankly with the time it takes to download the files I cannot be bothered.I also bought Scottish Central Plus from them,that will not install correctly either ( The Installme file does not copy the required files from the default routes).

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 12:46 pm

Sounds like you have a problem with your computer. (Registry not pointing to MSTS correctly?)

All CD's I've had from UKTS have installed without problem including SCP.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:57 pm

Please confirm that when you install the new routes from CD or download you ensure that the new installation points to the location of your MSTS. A number of installers tend to point to MSTS being located in C:\Program Files. Apologies if you already do this, but based on my own experience its all too easy to click NEXT without checking!

There is one thing however that does confuse me in so far as Scottish Central Plus (SCP) is installed from the CD as a Mini Route; i.e. it is complete and doesn't require an Installme to copy files from the default routes!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:31 pm

Hi Alec,

You wrote:-
"There is one thing however that does confuse me in so far as Scottish Central Plus (SCP) is installed from the CD as a Mini Route; i.e. it is complete and doesn't require an Installme to copy files from the default routes!"

Simple, as it is a complete mini route, it already contains all the necessary files.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 2:39 pm

SCP does have a .bat file, it is run automatically by the installer (initsystem.bat) All miniroutes need to have MSTS installed to copy files from.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:26 pm

No point in installing any of these routes into one of my MSTS mini routes as none of them have the default routes installed.Therefore they go into the folder where I keep the default routes.In the case of CC,all the 5 files were in that folder !!.Does anyone have an idea as to how to convert the .off files to .pat files ?

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:38 pm

In order to turn off the "OFF" you need to install the relevant routes as Mini Routes then open each one using Mini Loader - see HERE. Once all the acts, etc. have been turned "ON" you can then copy all of the Mini Route contents into your MSTS installation.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:55 pm

MS302 wrote:No point in installing any of these routes into one of my MSTS mini routes as none of them have the default routes installed.Therefore they go into the folder where I keep the default routes.In the case of CC,all the 5 files were in that folder !!.Does anyone have an idea as to how to convert the .off files to .pat files ?

There is an option in Route Riter to to setup a common files folder than use that to convert an installme.bat file to look for this and not all four default routes. I use this for all my installs and only have EUROPE1 installed. It is at "Misc. Options | Common Files".

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:22 pm

Hi MS302,
This thread is getting very confusing Question

It started off about the Cannock Chase v5 route, but now you're on about off/pat files!! The latter are used in mini routes controlled by Mike Simpson's Mini Loader. The way to convert from .off to their original extension (there will be several different file types) is to run the Mini Loader and click the "Unstore All" button.

where I keep the default routes.In the case of CC,all the 5 files were in that folder !!
NO Sir!! You don't put the 5 files in that folder - you unpack those 5 files into that folder, which, I assume, is your default installation's ROUTES folder.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:58 pm

where I keep the default routes.In the case of CC,all the 5 files were in that folder !!

I read that to mean in the default MSTS installation.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  MS302 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 7:15 am

Thank you,for CC I had overlooked the important instructiom to unzip the files to the location !For SCP,I will do that.

MS302

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down