Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKTS Plymouth - Penzance Route + Branch Lines

+6
mikeanddi
Markh5682
rufuskins
darwins
OldVern
slipperman12
10 posters

Go down

UKTS Plymouth - Penzance Route + Branch Lines Empty UKTS Plymouth - Penzance Route + Branch Lines

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Sun 08 Mar 2020, 11:36 am

You are the man Clive. What a lovely surprise, many thanks and much appreciation for this.

https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=39381

https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=39382

Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

UKTS Plymouth - Penzance Route + Branch Lines Empty Re: UKTS Plymouth - Penzance Route + Branch Lines

Post  OldVern Sun 08 Mar 2020, 2:36 pm

Can I second that, utterly superb work. I will be spending many hours on this route, just blasted out of Plymouth (well wheelslipped!) with a Wizzo on the Down Beds. then came off to post my adulation...

The only slight issue is that the files to go with the UKFS track fix (comp.exe and decomp.exe (from recmp119.zip) no longer appear to be at Trainsim.com so I can't get rid of the UKFS shimmer in OR.

Your next challenge Clive, to set up a 24 hour Timetable Mode for OR, so we can keep going and going and going!

OldVern

Back to top Go down

UKTS Plymouth - Penzance Route + Branch Lines Empty Re: UKTS Plymouth - Penzance Route + Branch Lines

Post  slipperman12 Sun 08 Mar 2020, 7:47 pm

Hi Vern,
recmp119.zip IS still available from trainsim.com - I've checked in the last minute!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Sun 08 Mar 2020, 9:25 pm

Thanks Ged, I'll check again. My Jedi force must be low this evening!!

Edit: All sorted and thoroughly enjoying the route.

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:37 am

Where should the comp.exe and decomp.exe install themselves - the default is in the C drive?

There also appears to be an error in the SOUND file for the CML_Class_22_63xx, namely MANcab.sms which throws up an error in the Route Riter(RR) checks. I resolved this by copying the equivalent section in the DASH9 folder.

I've yet to run this route in MSTS having to sort out missing stock or amending files to reflect alternative files in the TRAINSET folder. Just out of interest the RR route check did point out missing snow textures but offered alternatives which were accepted. However based on Clive's other routes I expect another super duper route, and we cannot thank him enough for the excellent work that he has offered to the train simulation community.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:22 am

Hi Alec,

The comp.exe and decomp.exe automatically install themselves in the default location. Please read Ged's UKFS-Fix2_ReadMe for this excellent utility and you will find all the answers you need. I have used this on several routes now to great effect.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Tue 10 Mar 2020, 1:54 pm

Re the Class 22, I noticed there is virtually no sound in the cab, you have to go to head out view for any sort of discernible noise. That could perhaps explain it.

I don't have Route Riter on the main PC as I'm not happy having Java on the same machine I do my banking and other shopping etc. activities.

The route is excellent however, just about every Cornish branch or secondary line is in there including Newquay to Chacewater via Perranporth (which is where I've encountered the Class 22).

The other thing I have to get to grips with is steam traction in Open Rails. I can't figure out if there's an automatic fireman and, if there is, whether he is on or off bydefault. Playing around with the firing and injector controls myself didn't seem to be adding anything - not an issue on the St Ives branch but it will be running on the main line!

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Tue 10 Mar 2020, 5:47 pm

The 6300 definitely seems to have a few issues, possibly due to a clash with how OR interprets the physics. The power curve is pulsing such that the expected speed is fluctuating from 0 to the usual 5 - 6 MPH over your current speed (at full throttle). Unfortunately this resulted in me stalling out on the climb towards Perranporth with the ECS for the Paddington service.

Tried swapping in the Western by manually editing the service file (AE no longer works on the main PC, well it loads then crashes as soon as you do something!) but made a complete hash of it... Will need to dig the file(s) out of the zip archive and try again.

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:05 pm

In Open Rails the AI fireman is on by default at the start.

To switch to (or from) manual firing use CTRL+F

Some files that might help with OR physics are:

GWR steam loco physics for OR
[url= https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=38959]Diesel Hydraulic physics for OR[/url]
[url= https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=39002]First generation dmu physics for OR[/url]

They are still a work in progress. Often the problem may not be the physics of the locomotive but the physics of the rolling stock
I have tried to put some files up for GWR passenger carriages but so far not got very far with goods wagons.

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:08 pm

Thank you Stephen for the good advice. I was obsessed with avoiding C:\Program etc. that I installed everything away from C! I've installed everything as per the readme and of course it worked!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:27 pm

I am still finding some trains are rocking up with just a loco and no consist. The latest is the Laira to Ponsandance Goods, all I have on the siding is the 2800 loco and tender but no wagons behind.

A couple of activities I have had light engines pass me as AI and almost certain these should have trains behind them.

Also has anyone managed to do the RR at Coombe Jn on the Looe Branch. I hit the first reverse point okay and go back past the stock via the loop, but when I activate the second one and change direction again, just get routed back on the loop. I tried reversing further behind the signal off the Liskeard line but no response to tabbing past and OR then locked up. Think I will try a DMU!

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Wed 11 Mar 2020, 3:21 am

Vern,

I think you'll find that the lack of cabview sounds in the 22s is due to an extra ) on line 59 of the 4 OR .eng files.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 11 Mar 2020, 7:10 am

Downloaded the route yesterday, spent most of the day exploring the route, absolutely fantastic thanks. OK

Now off to try some of the activities. Very Happy

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Wed 11 Mar 2020, 7:46 am

Bob Latimer wrote:Vern,

I think you'll find that the lack of cabview sounds in the 22s is due to an extra ) on line 59 of the 4 OR .eng files.

Bob.

Thanks Bob, I'll play around with that. It is an odd sounding beast though, even in external view!

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Wed 11 Mar 2020, 2:30 pm

Hi Vern

I managed the run round at Coombe Junction and successfully reached Looe in the Liskeard to Looe activity.

With Open Rails, I find that it is very easy to go beyond the reverse point, and if there is further pointwork, etc close by, it can mess up the operation of the reverse point. If I recall, this may be the case at Coombe Junction.

Also, with Open Rails, one can stop as soon as the reverse point turns green, whereas it always had to disappear in MSTS.

I hope that this is helpful.

Regards, Mike.

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Wed 11 Mar 2020, 4:17 pm

I'll try it again Mike. If I still have issues, I'll either over-ride the points into manual mode or drop a Class 120 DMU into the working!

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Thu 12 Mar 2020, 2:29 pm

I solved the mystery of my depleted consists...

In addition to the assets in the "Stock and Activity" pack, there is a considerable further list of assets which need to be downloaded separately from UKTS and installed. My bad for not readme'ing…

Working through the lists now. Smile

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 12 Mar 2020, 5:44 pm

Hi All,

I had a problem with Clive's Class22 engine lights not working ( they do in MSTS ) but with a lot hard searching I finally found the problem. Using Context line 59 has an extra closing bracket, once removed all is well.

See below, bracket marked ) is the one to remove
Comment (*** Brakes ***)
BrakeEquipmentType ( Triple_valve, Auxilary_reservoir, Emergency_brake_reservoir )
BrakeSystemType ( Vacuum_single_pipe ) Comment (required for Vacuum brake operation)
MaxBrakeForce( 52.5kN ) Comment (76% of loco weight)
MaxHandBrakeForce( 0kN ) ) Comment (No handbrake?)BrakeCylinderPressureForMaxBrakeBrakeForce ( 21inHg )
Brakepipevolume (1.41ft^3 ) Comment (use loco length converted mtrs to ft^3)
ORTSNumberBrakeCylinders ( 1 ) Comment (standard for UK Diesel )
ORTSBrakeCylinderSize ( 16in ) Comment (standard for UK Diesel )
ORTSAuxilaryResCapacity ( 4.303ft^3 ) (standard for UK Diesel )
MaxReleaseRate ( 5.0 ) Comment (standard for UK Diesel )
MaxApplicationRate ( 5.0 ) Comment (standard for UK Diesel )
ORTSDirectAdmissionValve ( 0 )
Comment (standard for UK Diesel Cast Iron Brakeshoes )
ORTSBrakeShoeFriction ( 0.0 0.50 8.0 0.288 16.1 0.241 24.1 0.211 32.2 0.187 40.2 0.173 48.3 0.161 56.3 0.150 64.4 0.142 72.2 0.139 80.5 0.134 88.5 0.129 96.6 0.125 104.6 0.123 112.7 0.121)

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Thu 12 Mar 2020, 6:59 pm

Hi Stephen.

I posted about the extra bracket about six posts above yours. It didn't actually take a lot of searching to find it. I use EngModifier 2.0 which has a bracket checker. It will flag if there's a problem and usually it indicates where the problem is.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Fri 13 Mar 2020, 7:58 am

A note here on brake types

Code:
BrakeEquipmentType ( Triple_valve, Auxilary_reservoir, Emergency_brake_reservoir )

should be

Code:
BrakeEquipmentType ( "Vacuum_brake, Auxilary_reservoir, Handbrake" )

Triple_valve - is only for air brake systems and has no function in vacuum brake systems

Emergency_brake_reservoir - is for air brake systems used in North America (and a few other parts of the globe) - in Europe, most of Asia, most of Africa and Australia air brake systems do not include an emergency reservoir (modern systems as opposed to historical systems in those countries usually include a distributor). The way to make air brakes without an emergency reservoir in OpenRails is a bit arcane, so you may wish to copy the example on the Coals to Newcastle website, the heading should be
Code:
BrakeEquipmentType ( "Triple_valve, Auxilary_reservoir, Handbrake" )
but you also need to include the line:
Code:
EmergencyResVolumeMultiplier ( 1.0 )
as this is used in OpenRails to calculate the correct volume for the brake cylinder and auxiliary reservoir.

Handbrake is as far as I know present on all diesel and electric locos.

The "speech marks" should I am told be included in lists of items in OpenRails files - so I probably need to go back and add these to my own earlier work too!

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 13 Mar 2020, 11:24 am

Hi Bob,

Apologies, I had read your earlier post but I hadn't realised the full significance of the offending bracket. It is quite easy to miss it with all the comments on most lines.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Fri 13 Mar 2020, 6:56 pm

No worries Stephen.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  IsambardKingdomBrunel Fri 24 Apr 2020, 2:59 pm

OldVern wrote:I solved the mystery of my depleted consists...

In addition to the assets in the "Stock and Activity" pack, there is a considerable further list of assets which need to be downloaded separately from UKTS and installed. My bad for not readme'ing…

Working through the lists now. Smile

There is always one Vern. RollOverLaughing RollOverLaughing

Mike.
IsambardKingdomBrunel
IsambardKingdomBrunel

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 21 Aug 2020, 1:09 am

I am trying to run a freight activity from St Austell along the Trenance branch with a Pannier tank 7422 and a brakevan picking up waggons at various clay sidings.
I am stuck in Lower Ruddle siding unable to move a brakevan, two clay waggons a van fit and two more waggons that I have just coupled to.
I have connected the vacuum hose,#,and created 25 inches of vacuum, Put 7422 in full 75% forward gear but opening the regulator just creates lots of black smoke
and thye train refuses to budge. I cannot see any reason why it should not move.
Any help very much appreciated
Cheers Andy

Last edited by andrew moody on Fri 21 Aug 2020, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Fri 21 Aug 2020, 5:47 am

Hello Andrew

Could you use the F5 extended HuD to check what is happening with the brakes - it will help you to see where the problem is.

Press F5 brings up the HuD.

Hold down shift and press F5 three times. This will bring up the extended HuD for the train brakes - you can check that each wagon has 25 in Hg in the brake cylinder, brake pipe and vacuum reservoir - if there is a problem with releasing the brakes on any wagon you can see which wagon on this screen and then edit the brake entry in the wag file if needed.

Pressing shift + F5 one more time will bring up the forces extended HuD and you can see the brake force (if any) being applied on each vehicle.

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 21 Aug 2020, 11:34 pm

Hi Darwin.
The problem I am having is picking up various wagons along the branch, The activity  starts with Pannier tank 7422 and a diagram 506 brakevan in the goods yard outside of St Austall.
At Lansillion The Loco and BV clear the loop points, then reverse onto two open wagons 2X 32768, then propell to Boskell siding and pick up a Ex GW box van 1X32769, OK so far, then haul out onto the branch and then propell to Lower Ruddle, and attach to two grey vans 2X32770. At this point  7422 cannot move forward, There does not appear to be any
vacuum pipes or brakes on any of these wagons, Pressing F9 I do not see any wagons high lighted in red to indicate hand brakes applied. or is it different on open rails?
Best Wishes
Andy
Edit: I did look at F5 HUD, It showed 00 Brake On 01 Brake on (7422 + BV) 32768 X2  15.0KN, 32769 Brake On and 32770 X2 15.0KN.
Sorry, But it Does not mean a thing to me!

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 22 Aug 2020, 11:38 am

Hi Andrew,

Have you tried Initiate Brakes Shift + /?

I find that this is sometimes needed with vacuum braked diesels even when the gauges etc. show that the brakes are released.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Sat 22 Aug 2020, 5:09 pm

The problem seems to be:

There does not appear to be any vacuum pipes or brakes on any of these wagons

At the moment all wagons used in OpenRails must have either train brakes (air or vacuum) or a through pipe.

This may change in the near future as there is currently some work underway to allow the operation of unfitted wagons.

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 22 Aug 2020, 11:46 pm

Hi Stephen and Darwin.
I was able to sort out the brakes when I picked up at Lansillion.Boskell and Lower Ruddle by connecting the brake hose # and Handbrakes none ; This solved that problem.
I was able to haul the Brakevan and five wagons to the run round loop, However when I arrived at the Boskell end of the loop,despite stopping in the right place, When I tried to
reverse onto my train the points did not change, I had to manually change them and after I was "off route," obviously by having to over ride the automatic point change.
As a result I was unable to clear the exit signal to access the Main Line towards Par.
Is there any way of being able to resume automatic working after over riding the points change?
Looks like understanding O R is a case of trial and error.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Sun 23 Aug 2020, 6:50 am

Once you are "off route" there is no way back.

As with MSTS you can save the activity at key points and resume the activity from a save.

Reverse points in OR behave a little bit differently to MSTS - there have been some posts about this - as you say it may be a case of experimenting to get the hang of things.

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down