Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowdon Mountain Railway

4 posters

Go down

Snowdon Mountain Railway Empty Snowdon Mountain Railway

Post  terrycunliffe Tue 12 Feb 2013, 6:42 pm

Hi All,
I've had some dialogue recently with Doug Kightley, a section of which is posted below, and is self explainatory. Smile

"There’s something I’ve been thinking about doing on and off for a while now…and finally I’ve decided to actually do something about it!

As I’m now highly unlikely to wander back into trainsimming…as I’ve got interested in a couple of other things…I’ve been thinking that it’s a shame that some of the long hours I put into MSTS projects is not being enjoyed by those who are still loyal to the old girl! Which is why I’m contacting you……

I would be so grateful if you could ask around the route builders that are still active in any way, and find out if anyone (including yourself ) might be interested in picking up and completing the finishing touches to my Snowdon Mountain Railway route, and publishing it for folks to enjoy. Its essentially finished…but is short of a few of the mountain stations and a few houses,etc…and probably needs a bit more vegetation/rocks. And the interesting bit…some development of the loco dynamics to ensure they can get up…and stop at the bottom when coming back down!!

I’d be able to provide all of my working files on a CD; the working route, all the source (in 3DCanvas) for the shapes…everything.

I would, however, have a few simple conditions:

1 – Absolutely freeware only

2 – I be credited as the 95% builder (or whatever %age it ends up as)

3 – Published exclusively on UKTS

Do let me know if anyone is interested…."

So, is anyone up for the challenge? Very Happy I have seen (driven) the route in the past, and it is certainly an impressive, but difficult drive Smile

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Snowdon Mountain Railway Empty Re: Snowdon Mountain Railway

Post  mendes Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:49 pm

I'm happy to help in any way with this, either in testing (I'm quite familiar with the mountain part of the route) or in conjunction with Rick Gibb making the locos a bit more realistic and possibly easier to drive.

I don't use 3DC as I can't get it (the free version) to run at all on my machine and there doesn't seem to be any support for it any more.
I've only made locos in TSM but may be able to assist with route stuff if necessary.

mendes
mendes

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Wed 13 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

Thanks,
I'll see who else also wants to put themselves forward over the next couple of days, and then I'll get the files from Doug and get them hosted, and then we can get started Smile

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  john13 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:49 pm

Hi folks

New boy here! I arrived following a brief discussion with Justin about the Snowdon route. I have a 3DC (v7.2) model of the SMR diesels - I'd started this back when Doug K first went public with his development of the route, but it fell by the wayside subsequently and hasn't been touched since.

I currently don't have the time to chase this up but would happily pass on what I have (* below) to anyone else. Not sure how/ if I can post a picture directly ?

* I have the 3DC base model close at hand. This has been textured and exported OK to MSTS. At present, I can't find my exported MSTS model but may subsequently remember where it was put for safe keeping..... I didn't get any details of the inside of the cab so the control panel etc hasn't been modelled. There are lots of pictures on the 'net and I have a few which might be useful.

Cheers

John

john13

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:11 pm

Hi John,
Great to have you onboard.  Very Happy  To post photos, you will need to do the following;
When replying to a post, find the icon above this box that says 'Host an Image' (Its a picture of a Diskette in front of a BMP image.) Click on this and then click on Browse to find the file that you would like to post.
Then choose your image size in the Dropdown box.
Click on 'Host it'
Then choose the centre Option, that says Image: and Click 'Copy.'
Click on Allow Access and then right click in the messages section and choose Paste.
Hope this helps?
Cheers
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  john13 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:53 pm

Hi Andy

Thanks for the welcome. Just been trying to post a picture, but my browser is playing up for some reason. Excuse me a moment whilst I investigate....

john13

Back to top Go down

Post  john13 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:59 pm

Hmm, Lets try this then;

SMR loco

The 'host picture' option didn't go quite as expected - I think one of my security programs may have interfered Neutral 

John

Edit PS  Embarassed link picks up some other irrelevant images - sorry about that folks! More haste etc etc

Another edit...... I found the 'Ninian' texture file for the base model;

Ninian

No luck finding the shape files and .eng file though. These are almost certainly on a HDD removed from my last - broken - PC

john13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down