Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keilder Mountain Railway

+3
rufuskins
j3801
Twomanydjs
7 posters

Go down

Keilder Mountain Railway  Empty Keilder Mountain Railway

Post  Twomanydjs Tue 22 Jan 2013, 7:09 pm

I have made a start on the narrow gauge line that runs off my Crosby valley line at Keilder and up the mountain so far i have made a start on Keilder station

Keilder Mountain Railway  Keilder_KMR

and have had a go at making a dam which is sat about half way up the hill but for some reason the dam has come out in two different shades of stone even tho its is all the same shade in TSM and shape viewer dos any one know why its done this

Keilder Mountain Railway  Dam_01

Many Thanks Dave

Last edited by j3801 on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Pics for you.)
Twomanydjs
Twomanydjs

http://daverobsphotos.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Keilder Mountain Railway  Empty Re: Keilder Mountain Railway

Post  j3801 Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:41 am

Hi Dave,

Picture can come from the Atomic albums site, you jsut need to use the image tags with the url in between.
When you make a post, click on the 16th button (the one that looks like a picture. copy and paste the url in there and press ok.

Keilder Mountain Railway  1

It makes having to know certain codes easier. the only thing that doesn't work it the UKTS specific links, such as to a file.

I have made sure that the posts don't lock on this forum so you can go back and edit your posts if anything has gone wrong.

Justin

(ps I've just found the pictures that you wanted shown and put them in for you. Hope you don't mind)

Last edited by j3801 on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Note added.)

Keilder Mountain Railway  Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 23 Jan 2013, 8:31 am

Dave

This is looking good, and I like the look of the dam although having multiple spillways is interesting! At the risk of "teaching grandmothers to suck eggs", you are probably aware such structures normally have a single spillway feeding into a man-made channel discharging to what was the original river or stream(s).

Living in the foothills of the Pennines I and Rufus have plenty of reservoirs to walk round.

Alec

PS I was living in Newcastle when the original Kielder Water and dam was constructed, and covered a stretch of the Border Counties Railway.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  stephenholmes Wed 23 Jan 2013, 8:52 am

Very nice work Dave
Kind regards Stephen
stephenholmes
stephenholmes

Back to top Go down

Post  Twomanydjs Wed 23 Jan 2013, 8:38 pm

rufuskins wrote:Dave

This is looking good, and I like the look of the dam although having multiple spillways is interesting! At the risk of "teaching grandmothers to suck eggs", you are probably aware such structures normally have a single spillway feeding into a man-made channel discharging to what was the original river or stream(s).

Living in the foothills of the Pennines I and Rufus have plenty of reservoirs to walk round.

Alec

PS I was living in Newcastle when the original Keilder Water and dam was constructed, and covered a stretch of the Border Counties Railway.

The dam is base on the one at Scar House Reservoir Keilder Mountain Railway  1303122_3bb3c3ad

Although i think for the space it going into there may be to many and so i will probably take some out and in regards to the man-made channel the bottom hasn't been done yet.
Dave
Twomanydjs
Twomanydjs

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:13 pm

My second apology of the day, and it's going to prove tricky to remove two feet from "it"!

Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Twomanydjs Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:53 pm

i have done the bottom now and taken two arcs out from each side and now it looks better as for the diffident shades of stone i think it has something to do with the lighting in the game as when i change the time of day there sort of match up a bit better but i am going to redo the textures on the bottom part of the dam and try to add some water stains

Keilder Mountain Railway  FX_Dam_01

Dave
Twomanydjs
Twomanydjs

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 24 Jan 2013, 2:30 pm

Now that I like!

In all my civil engineering experience I was never lucky enough to work on dam design, although I was involved in a lot of storage reservoirs in concrete.

Excellent work Dave.

Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 4:10 pm

Nice addition to the existing route. I like the dam although I agree, the stonework would look better in all dark grey. This should be an exciting little narrow gauge line when its finished. Keep up .the good work

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  ianmacmillan Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:15 am

Looks like the sloping part is taking it's texture from the Top line in F4.

The way round this is to seperate the part and clear the Top texture line in F4. The part will then take it's texture from a side texture.
The parts can then be rejoined before convertion provided you don't enter F4 again.

ianmacmillan

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 29 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm

Dave,just a short message to thank you for this Route,I've just installed it and chugged up to the Summit (using Wyddfa) and along the Main Line in a DMU,very nice too.Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 Tue 22 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm

It's a while since I was active with the sim and need to catch up with quite a few topics ect. Regarding the colour of the water in the reservoir, it seems a bit too blue and could do with toning down to look more natural. If you look on the SCP Route, you will notice that the water colour is about right. You can use the water top ace from this route and put it in your route if you like and you should see a difference. If not happy with it, you can always change back. Just a suggestion.

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down