Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Availabilty of MSTS

5 posters

Go down

Availabilty of MSTS Empty Availabilty of MSTS

Post  steamnut44 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:36 pm

Whilst browsing Amazon just lately, I noticed that MSTS (Explosive version) is still available from a few sellers and decided to read some of the reviews for this sim (some as recent as of this year) and it was interesting to note that most of the reviews gave negative responses. These ranged from it not being any use for Windows 7 & 8 Other reviewers pointing out that they had spent lots of money on Commercial add on's and being disappointed that it was not what they expected, and that the new simulator's were much better than MSTS. This may be true in some aspects, but what amazes me, is the fact that most people out there who by PC games or simulators, don't bother to look any futher, for ways to improve on the product. There was no mention of any train simulator forums or sites where you can improve MSTS by getting the right information, to get the best from ANY type of simulator. It seems that after running the simulator and realising that it is pretty basic, then that's it, and shouldn't  have wasted their money.
So I thought I would do my own review for MSTS on Amazon, so that anybody thinking of buying a copy,  know about UKTrainsim and to point out, what it has to offer and how to get the best from this age old sim. I just hope that others thinking of  buying a copy, will take notice of it, visit UKTrainsim find out more, before criticizing that it is too old to run on modern computers  and end up chucking it in the bin. You never know it could still attract more people to get the best out of it!

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Availabilty of MSTS Empty Re: Availabilty of MSTS

Post  slipperman12 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 4:09 pm

Hi Geoff,
That's a very good move on your part - Well done Smile
The trouble today is that people want everything to be "Plug 'n' Play"!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 18 Aug 2014, 6:42 pm

I would agree with Ged, but of course wouldn't object to TrainSimSafeHouse getting a mention especially as we do have a section dealing with Helpful Facts and Links! I've also noticed that there is distinct reduction in MSTS related posts on UKTS these days.
However the bottom line is that anything that helps to promote the longevity of MSTS is welcome!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:03 pm

Firstly I'd like to say I agree with part of what has been said,but,and I've got to be careful here as I don't want to be scolded again,but there IS a danger of alienating people that cannot (or maybe will not) do all the Technical thing.
I do not know what caused the rift with UKTS and some of the members of TSSH,nor do i want to,but I see a "Them and Us" thing creeping into the wording of some posts.

Its worth remembering that there would be no point in making anything for MSTS,if at the same time YOU try to make some members feel to be second class.

That's my pennorth worth,just have to see if I get a big clout from the hammer that  affraid argggggh

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Availabilty of MSTS Empty MSTS and UKTS

Post  RIGFindlay Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:30 pm

Without UKTS we would be nowhere. It is a wonderful resource and deserves our support. The beauty of MSTS is what you can do with it and the fact that it was created with lots of possible developments in mind. So many clever people have made things for it: Shape Viewer, Route Riter, Bounding Box Editor, UK Finescale track, replacement steam and all the rest and the beautiful models such as Dave Robinson's locomotives and Darwin Smith's carriages and countless others. With the help of various people I have now a Windows 7 computer and Nvidia graphics card running MSTS beautifully.  Without UKTS, SteamforMe and Train Sim Safe House I should be lost. They all deserve our support and encouragement. Roderic Findlay

RIGFindlay

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 10:40 pm

Having read the replies to my initial post on this topic, maybe I could have mentioned TSSH as well as UKTrainsim, but I was just trying to make it clear that MSTS needs many more files to be downloaded for it to be much better and more enjoyable than the basic installation. As UKTrainsim has been in existance since the very beginning and hosts downloads for MSTS, this would be the best place to point people to, after purchasing MSTS to get the best out of it..
I'm sure any newcomers to MSTS who take it seriously, will eventually find their way to this forum, where they will be most welcome and gain more information from the many topics that can be found on here.
I was merely trying to point people who have just bought MSTS, in the right direction and explain that the basic programme although over twelve years old, has still lots to offer and will run on modern day computers. It is surprising how many people who buy Computer Games or Simulations, don't know where to look, to get information or improvements from, to get the best out of their purchases.

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 18 Aug 2014, 11:18 pm

rufuskins wrote:
However the bottom line is that anything that helps to promote the longevity of MSTS is welcome!

If I gave the impression of "them and us" then I apologise as the only important point is the last line of my post!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down