Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSTS Bin in OR

2 posters

Go down

MSTS Bin in OR Empty MSTS Bin in OR

Post  neanderthal Sat 30 Mar 2024, 1:24 pm

Hello everybody, Can you use MSTS Bin in OR, would it work anyway?
My reason for asking is that in GE2 there's an act where you connect to the rear of a Train already in Colchester and are then meant to drive the complete set to London.
Alternatively, would and how could I remove the Train that I'm meant to couple to and just complete the Route,this now being the only Act I have not completed . Thanks.Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MSTS Bin in OR Empty Re: MSTS Bin in OR

Post  slipperman12 Sat 30 Mar 2024, 4:22 pm

Hi Roger,
No sir!!
The Bin Patch is a modified train.exe, which is not used by Open Rails.

As far as I know, all of the options offered by the Bin Patch are included in Open Rails,

Why do you think it might help with the dilemma you have with this activity?  I haven't tried it, but could switching to Manual mode allow the loco to couple to the back of the train in the platform?

What's the name of the activity?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 31 Mar 2024, 9:44 am

Hello Ged, its GE2 FGE Clacton-London.
The Act is to drive an 8 Car Unit from Clacton to London, but at Colchester you connect onto the Back of a 4 car train from Colchester Town and take the 12 Cars on to London.
I can make the connection Ok,but cannot seem to get to the front cab of the now 12 car Train..
I thought I would do that by Ctrl /E but that just sends me to the rear of the train so I'm now I'm facing the wrong way !
I hope that makes sense to you (explaining these things is not my strong point) Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 31 Mar 2024, 10:35 am

Hi Roger,
Thank you Smile
I'll have a look at the activity a bit later, but, at the risk of being accused of trying to "teach my grandmother to suck eggs", you know you can press Ctrl+E several times?  Each time, the next cabview should be displayed. Also, before pressing Ctrl+E, the throttle should be at zero and the direction switch at 'neutral'; you may also find that the brakes need to be applied, if only partially.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 31 Mar 2024, 11:17 am

Yes indeed Ged , What I get though is as often as I change CAB it stays in the 8 Car formation that I arrived in
ie   Cab I arrive in    then ,Rear cab (Car 4)   then rear cab Car 8  facing Norwich (wrong Direction)   and another Cab change takes me back to the original Cab I arrived in.
If you haven't got GE 2 set up don't go to all the trouble just for this. Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 31 Mar 2024, 1:38 pm

Hi Roger,
It's no problem - I've got a whole lot of individual installations, including one with GE/GE2, on a backup.  It's ready to run in MSTS using my MSTS_Swap and in Open Rails by adding it to the Profile list.
From what you say, it sounds as if the unit facing London doesn't have a cabview.  Will report back later Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 31 Mar 2024, 3:30 pm

Hi Roger,
It is as I suspected - the leading vehicle of the train coupled to has no cabview - ie it is an AI (or Traffic) train.  That being so, it would not have worked in MSTS. although I've not tried it.

As a "Quick and Dirty" test, I added a cabview to the leading vehicle but it didn't work, probably because some control parameters are missing!

I think it's necessary to change the first vehicle for one with a cabview, but I need to test it first because there might be something I've missed!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 31 Mar 2024, 4:28 pm

Hi Roger,
Sorry, I got it wrong! I was looking at the wrong consist. However, things are worse - the train standing in Colchester station has Static locos - ie. they will never move!!
I can't understand why this wasn't originally reported on UKTS. I've gone through all my patches and, although I might have missed it, can't find any referring to this activity.

I think it's fixable and am willing to try, if you like. Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 31 Mar 2024, 6:52 pm

Hi Roger,
Well, whether you like it, or not, I've done it Smile

I changed the Loose Consist number 32769 to use proper driveable units and it works OK at Colchester - I haven't gone any further than leaving Colchester, in the right cab..

I was going to attach the file here, but the software doesn't seem to accept any files, so if you'd like it, please send me a PM with your email address

If you don't want to, that's OK!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 01 Apr 2024, 10:15 am

Thanks for all that Ged, Yes I'd love to try getting it sorted (as long as its not too Technical, you know my record on altering files).I've looked back through my book and assume it didn't work in MSTS either as I haven't marked it down as completed. Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 02 Apr 2024, 11:02 am

thank you Ged,, I've completed it now.. Very Happy Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:38 am

Well I'm happy to report everything is indeed working just as it should now,Thank you Ged," I'll leave you in peace now for a while LOL.....Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 03 Apr 2024, 1:11 pm

Hi Roger,
No problem, mate Smile
Pleased you've been able to complete it successfully!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down