Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library

+6
tonya37
mikeanddi
neanderthal
slipperman12
Jonathan David
pgh60
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library Empty Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library

Post  ShortNorth Fri 24 Feb 2023, 3:37 am

As you are probably aware by now, UKTS is closing mid-2023. When UKTS closes, a massive number of MSTS/OR assets will be lost forever. Up until now, all my LMS and LMS Pre-group stock and routes have been hosted exclusively on UKTS.

After discussion with Justin, he made me a very generous offer to host ALL my LMS and LMS Pre-group stock and routes right here on TSSH. Whilst all my stock and routes are to be preserved for future train simming, most of my stock will need to be amended to point to ALTERNATIVE sources for soundsets and cabviews to make my stock work in the sim. The biggest impact is where I have provided 'sample' activities with my routes - after UKTS closure, most of the stock required will become unavailable, so I am modifying all my activities to use ONLY stock that is available from the TSSH file libraries.

This topic is primarily for announcements, and any problem solving for any of my MSTS/OR models. Further details as they come to hand.

Regards, Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library Empty Re: Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library

Post  ShortNorth Fri 24 Feb 2023, 3:39 am

Update - as of today's date, I have now uploaded ALL my current locomotives, carriages and wagon packs - these are available for download from the TSSH file library.

Last edited by ShortNorth on Fri 24 Feb 2023, 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library Empty Re: Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library

Post  ShortNorth Fri 24 Feb 2023, 3:46 am

FILE RECALL - I have discovered a problem with the 8 packs of PO wagons that I uploaded to the file library - the Trainset folder name has 'spaces' in the name, and accordingly the wagons will NOT load in the sim. I have asked Justin to DELETE the 8 old files and upload the 8 REPLACEMENT files in their place. If you have already downloaded these 8 PO wagon packs, please delete them and download and install the replacement wagon packs - just wait a few days until Justin has time to swap the files over. If you are having problems with these, feel free to contact me - bbs(at)exemail(dot)com(dot)au

Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Fri 24 Feb 2023, 7:36 am

All the problem files have been swapped to the corrected version and are available now!

Justin

Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 02 Mar 2023, 12:47 am

NEW LOCOMOTIVE - I have updated my 38772_LNW-Passenger-Engines2 pack from V1 to V2. The updated V2 now includes a new LNWR 4-6-0 19" goods engine No 2424. This loco is a replacement for Daryn Dunckley's 19" goods which will be lost when UKTS closes.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 02 Mar 2023, 12:51 am

NEW WAGONS PACK - I have now uploaded a set of 6 (12 inc loaded) new PO wagons from the Barnsley Area Coalfields. This pack is used in Consists included with the activities supplied with my Huddersfield and Environs 1920 route. The new wagons replace some that will be lost when UKTS closes.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 02 Mar 2023, 1:04 am

THE HUDDERSFIELD AND ENVIRONS 1920 ROUTE MOVES TO TSSH FILE LIBRARY

My Huddersfield and Environs 1920 route Version 5 was previously hosted solely on UKTS - as UKTS is closing, the route has now been made available here on TSSH.

To identify it from the current UKTS version, the updated route ( includes all current patches, minor corrections, etc), is 'tagged' as TSSH Edition Feb 2023.

Essentially , the route is the same as the one from UKTS, ..................EXCEPT................, the included Activities and Consists have been amended to use rolling stock ONLY available from TSSH - any previous rolling stock used that will be lost when UKTS closes has been replaced.

Please note - I have not attempted to update the activities and consists provided by third-party authors (such as Stephen Wells and Stanley Brown) for the Huddersfield and Environs 1920 route.

Make sure you read the Readme file to see how to install the route and setup the Trainsets and Consists to be able to run the included Activities supplied with the route.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

mrmosky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 02 Mar 2023, 9:37 am

Hi Brian
You are definitely spoiling us and for myself I am very grateful.
This whole saga with respect to the closure of UKTS has, perversely, re-stimulated my interest in MSTS/OR. Not only the need to amend my own uploads but the need to make use of Open Rails rather than MSTS.
The only other elephant in the room is my "antiquated" Windows 7 operating system, which I will have to address sooner rather than later!
Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

mrmosky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 03 Mar 2023, 11:29 pm

THE LYR HEARTLAND 1920 ROUTE MOVES TO TSSH FILE LIBRARY

My LYR Heartland 1920 route Version 5 was previously hosted solely on UKTS - as UKTS is closing, the route has now been made available here on TSSH.

To identify it from the current UKTS version, the updated route ( includes all current patches, minor corrections, etc), is 'tagged' as TSSH Edition Mar 2023.

Essentially , the route is the same as the one from UKTS, ..................EXCEPT................, the included Activities and Consists have been amended to use rolling stock ONLY available from TSSH - any previous rolling stock used that will be lost when UKTS closes has been replaced.

Make sure you read the Readme file to see how to install the route and setup the Trainsets and Consists to be able to run the included Activities supplied with the route.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Sun 12 Mar 2023, 10:22 pm

UPDATED WAGONS PACK - I have now uploaded an updated set of NSR wagons - 39637_Pre-groupWagons2 - the pack now includes two NSR 10T vans and a NSR 20T Brakevan. This pack is used in Consists included with the activities supplied with the forthcoming updated TSSH Edition Stoke - Nottingham 1920 route. The new wagons replace some that will be lost when UKTS closes.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 23 Mar 2023, 9:35 pm

THE BLACK COUNTRY - LNWR - 1920 ROUTE MOVES TO TSSH FILE LIBRARY

The Black Country - LNWR - 1920 route was previously hosted solely on UKTS - as UKTS is closing, the route has now been made available here on TSSH.

To identify it from the current UKTS version, the updated route ( includes all current patches, minor corrections, etc), is 'tagged' as TSSH Edition Mar 2023.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Sun 26 Mar 2023, 9:05 am

THE STOKE-NOTTINGHAM 1920 ROUTE MOVES TO TSSH FILE LIBRARY

The Stoke-Nottingham 1920 route was previously hosted solely on UKTS - as UKTS is closing, the route has now been made available here on TSSH.

To identify it from the current UKTS version, the updated route ( includes all current patches, minor corrections, etc), is 'tagged' as TSSH Edition Apr 2023.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 31 Mar 2023, 8:55 am

The four 1920 era LMS pre-grouping routes - Huddersfield and Environs, LYR Heartland, Black Country and Stoke-Nottingham - have now been 'protected' against the closure of UKTS, by being now hosted on the TSSH file library.

I also have three LMS 1930's era routes - Hudderfield and Environs, LYR Heartland and Black Country.

HOWEVER, when UKTS closes we will lose the vast majority of LMS era models, so at this stage I have decided NOT to release the three LMS 1930's era routes yet, until such time as the quantity of LMS era models builds up again after closure of UKTS. There will be insufficient LMS models left to be able to make any satisfactory activities for those three routes.

The four 1920 era routes can be generally used for, say, the first decade after grouping, as little changed during the first decade. The LMS era routes are basically copies of the 1920 routes, with distant signalling changed from red to yellow, Big4 era livery static rolling stock and 1930's era vehicles and car spawners, plus a few other minor changes. In line with the concept of using the 1920 routes to represent the first decade of the LMS, are my existing models of LMS liveried exLNWR, exLYR, exNSR, etc. rolling stock - these can be used with the small number of LMS designed stock available after UKTS closure to show the early LMS period. Later on when more LMS standard stock is released in the future, especially more Stanier era stock, then maybe the three LMS 1930's era routes can be released.

The closure of UKTS is certainly a 'wake-up-call' to the train simming community. The main loss of models is due to content creators leaving the hobby or having passed away, without regard to the future continuity of their models. As I have devoted well over a decade to the creating of MSTS/OR models, I have 'protected' all my models for the future.

As I am now in my late 70's, I have given written permission to Justin Waite (TSSH), Peter Newell (Coals to Newcastle) and Yuri SOs (Steam4me) to continue hosting any/all of my models for as long as they see fit, after my passing. So, if the community survives, say another two decades, then my models should survive until the hobby ceases to be.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 07 Apr 2023, 5:39 am

Please note that the corrected Huddersfield 1920 and Heartland 1920 Activity Packs are now available for download from the TSSH file library.

Download, then un-zip to a temporary folder, then copy and paste the files into the route folders, making sure you over-write the old files - that's all there is to it - all the activities should work correctly after this update is installed.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 13 Apr 2023, 7:40 am

NEW COACHES PACK - When UKTS closes we will lose around 95% of the existing Midland Railway rolling stock. As part of my 'generic' coaches series, I have now made a new set of MR non-corridor coaches. These comprise Full Brake, Brake Third, Third and Lavatory Composites in 6w arc roof type and 6w clerestory roof type. I've also included a non-corridor arc roof bogie Third and arc roof bogie Composite for added variety.

These are available for download now on the TSSH file library.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

slipperman12, Jonathan David and niknak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 13 Apr 2023, 1:23 pm

Hi Brian
Once again you spoil us!
Many thanks for these new coaches.
Regards, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 24 May 2023, 12:43 am

NEW ROUTE BUILDING GUIDE

As many of you are aware, when a line in a route ends before a station or terminus, it usually end in 'no-mans-land' - this of course destroys the visual appearance when you start or stop trains in the route.

I have written a short Guide which shows ten different scenic treatments at 'the end of the line' which simulate the line continuing off into the distance, rather than just ending abruptly in 'no-mans-land'.

If you are a routebuilder, these are very easy to implement and makes the route much more realistic.

If you have some experience in modifying routes, maybe if the original author hasn't updated the route, you might 'have a go' and make your own personal update to routes in your private installation.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

bricks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 25 May 2023, 9:04 am

Thank you Brian for more very useful information and guidance.
All the best, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Mon 07 Aug 2023, 2:58 am

UPDATED ACTIVITIES PACK

At the time that UKTS announced that it would be closing in mid-2023, I was in the process of updating sets of activities for Black Country 1920  and Stoke-Nottingham 1920.

Due to the urgency of modifying and protecting my routes and stock for the pending closure of UKTS, I temporarily mothballed the activities. Now that all my routes and stock have been protected for the future, I have moved back to finish the activities that I started early this year.

I have now uploaded to TSSH file library a set of updated activities for Black Country 1920 - these comprise a set of 12 activities which are essentially the same as those supplied with the original route download EXCEPT that they now have extensive AI traffic and static trains added in platforms and sidings to represent a busy post-WW1 railway. The only exception is the P Rugby-Stafford activity in which, for some reason, the AI just refuses to be displayed in the activity (I have spent nearly a day and rebuilt the activity more than six times without avail !).

Download, then un-zip to a temporary folder, then copy and paste the files into the route folders, making sure you over-write the old files - that's all there is to it - all the activities should work correctly after this update is installed.

All of these activities require available stock to be downloaded ONLY from TSSH file library.

Enjoy the cavalcade of passing trains as you drive along the various lines of the  Black Country route.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 07 Aug 2023, 1:08 pm

All very good Brian, and I am looking forward to running these activities.

However this closure of UKTS and files now available on TSSH, is confusing me. I have all the UKTS stock files downloaded from UKTS which were needed for the original routes and activities. Do I need to download and install new stock from TSSH to run the new activities? If so, what?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Updates to Brian Bere-Streeter's TSSH file library Empty Updated Activities Pack

Post  pgh60 Mon 07 Aug 2023, 9:03 pm

Hi can you please advice me about what stock is needed to run these activities.i have downloaded the route.Thanks.pgh60.

pgh60

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 07 Aug 2023, 9:56 pm

Many thanks Brian for these activities - much appreciated.

PGH60 - All the stock required for the activities is available here on TSSH. Go to the download page and under Brian's heading you will find the activities next to the Routes! The copious, and various, stock downloads are all there too!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 08 Aug 2023, 12:00 am

dforrest wrote:..........................However this closure of UKTS and files now available on TSSH, is confusing me.  I have all the UKTS stock files downloaded from UKTS which were needed for the original routes and activities.  Do I need to download and install new stock from TSSH to run the new activities?  If so, what?

G'day David,

Not necessarily - most CURRENT users will already have the stock installed in their installation.

I've setup the 'updated' activities mainly for NEW users who will NOT have access to the original stock files after UKTS closes. I don't want to upload activities and then be avalanched with ' where can I find the stock ?', so have adjusted the stock list to ONLY use stock currently available on TSSH file library.

Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Tue 22 Aug 2023, 6:14 am

NEW WAGONS PACK - I have now uploaded a set of 6 (12 inc loaded) new PO wagons from the Stoke Area Coalfields. This pack is used in Consists included with the forthcoming updated activities for my (and Don Hinton's) Stoke-Nottingham 1920 route. The new wagons replace some that will be lost when UKTS closes.
The file should be available in the next day or two.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Fri 01 Sep 2023, 5:59 am

UPDATED ACTIVITIES PACK

At the time that UKTS announced that it would be closing in mid-2023, I was in the process of updating sets of activities for Black Country 1920  and Stoke-Nottingham 1920.

Due to the urgency of modifying and protecting my routes and stock for the pending closure of UKTS, I temporarily mothballed the activities. Now that all my routes and stock have been protected for the future, I have moved back to finish the activities that I started early this year.

I have now uploaded to TSSH file library a set of updated activities for Stoke-Nottingham 1920 - these comprise a set of 12 activities which are essentially the same as those supplied with the original route download EXCEPT that they now have extensive AI traffic and static trains added in platforms and sidings to represent a busy post-WW1 railway.

All of these activities require available stock to be downloaded ONLY from TSSH file library.

Enjoy the cavalcade of passing trains as you drive along the various lines of the  Stoke-Nottingham route.

PS - the file should be available for download in the next few days.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Tue 05 Sep 2023, 2:43 pm

ShortNorth wrote:
dforrest wrote:..........................However this closure of UKTS and files now available on TSSH, is confusing me.  I have all the UKTS stock files downloaded from UKTS which were needed for the original routes and activities.  Do I need to download and install new stock from TSSH to run the new activities?  If so, what?

G'day David,

Not necessarily - most CURRENT users will already have the stock installed in their installation.

I've setup the 'updated' activities mainly for NEW users who will NOT have access to the original stock files after UKTS closes. I don't want to upload activities and then be avalanched with ' where can I find the stock ?', so have adjusted the stock list to ONLY use stock currently available on TSSH file library.

Brian

Brian, I am unfortunately in that situation now and I hope you can help!

I have all you original, routes, activities and stock downloaded and installed.

I am now totally confused as to which of your updates I need to install over my existing installation, to bring it up-to-date.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 05 Sep 2023, 8:38 pm

I must admit that I'm concerned about Cabview's,.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Tue 05 Sep 2023, 10:35 pm

It would be very useful to have Stuart Williamson's 2, 3 and 4 cylinder sound sets and David Baily's GWR sound set. That would cover most steam locomotives, at least British ones.
I don't see their manes among the downloads on this site.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 05 Sep 2023, 10:55 pm

Hi,
The 2- and 3-Cylinder Sound sets are still available from https://msts.steam4me.net/sounds/index.html  as is the short wheel-base wagon soundset.

Some cabviews are available for older MR and LNWR UK steam locos from Ildeposito.net although I don't know how accurate they are.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Thanks to tonya37 for spotting my typo in the website name !

Last edited by slipperman12 on Thu 07 Sep 2023, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 06 Sep 2023, 1:37 am

Goods-Brake-Vans-Guards-Views

This is a pack of updated .WAG files for all current LMS and LMS pre-group goods brake vans available on TSSH file library.

These files allow for a rotatable 'guards view' at the back of the brake van.
It covers LNW, LYR, NSR, FR, exLNW and exLYR barke vans.

Simply un-zip to a temporary folder, then copy the new files into the same folder names in the Trainset - make sure you over-write the old files. Backup the old files first for a safeguard.

To activate the guards view, press the 5 key at the top of the keyboard (if there is a locomotive cab head out view you will need to press the 5 key a second time.) Press the left and right arrow keys to rotate the view to your desired outlook.

Some brake vans have a 3D guard standing on the back platform, in these cases your 'guards view' becomes that of the 'District Inspector' !

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 06 Sep 2023, 1:50 am

dforrest wrote:
ShortNorth wrote:

G'day David,

Brian

Brian, I am unfortunately in that situation now and I hope you can help!

I have all you original, routes, activities and stock downloaded and installed.

I am now totally confused as to which of your updates I need to install over my existing installation, to bring it up-to-date.

G'day David, if you are concerned about what to update, then download and install all my files from TSSH, over-writing the older ones. MOST of them are identical to those from the former UKTS site, however a few have been adjusted to point to new locations for Soundsets and Cabviews available after UKTS closed. I added  specific notes to each model pack as to where to get the Soundsets and Cabviews.

HOWEVER, NOTE THAT I HAVE ADDED A FEW PACKS OF NEW WAGONS ETC WHICH WERE NOT PREVIOUSLY AVAILABLE ON UKTS - THESE ARE CLEARLY LABELLED AS REPLACEMENTS FOR THOSE LOST ON UKTS.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 06 Sep 2023, 1:59 am

neanderthal wrote:I must admit that I'm concerned about Cabview's,.

I added a special notice to all my locos packs as to where to find replacement Soundsets and Cabviews. At the time I wrote it, I was using Darwin Smith's LNWR and LYR cabviews, and he was going to port them over to TSSH - after checking this morning, I see he has not yet done that.

If you do download my locos you may already have his LNW and LYR cabviews downloaded from UKTS - if not then maybe adjust the cabviews to some other cab until he gets his files over to TSSH

- it is frustrating that I can't cover all bases with the constant changing flux of file availability - none of this would have happened if UKTS was still open to all users.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Wed 06 Sep 2023, 7:42 pm

Brian, I get the message "This item was deleted" when trying to download "Black Country - LNWR 1920 - Activity Pack-TSSH.zip".

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 06 Sep 2023, 7:54 pm

So do I,I must admit I've given up now, it's all to technical for me. But many thanks anyway!

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Wed 06 Sep 2023, 10:04 pm

Hi David and Roger

I am rather confused myself, but have successfully downloded and installed the new activities, which are for the Stoke - Nottingham 1920s route, rather than Black Country LNWR 1920.

I have also installed all the required stock with the exception of the following -

PO_X_FictionalNames\RH&S-OreHopperLimestone.wag.

Hopefully, Brian, you can let me know the location of this.

Looking forward to running these new activities on this excellent route, so thank you Brian.

Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Wed 06 Sep 2023, 11:24 pm

Hi All,

I am not too sure as to why the link to the "Black Country - LNWR 1920 - Activity Pack-TSSH.zip" was deleted, but I have relinked the file now.
I appears as though Dropbox are randomly resetting links to be of a new "secure" type, it would have been nice if they gave us an advanced warning over this.
Please let me know if any more files go haywire.

Regards,
Justin

j3801
j3801
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 07 Sep 2023, 12:09 am

mikeanddi wrote:Hi David and Roger

I am rather confused myself, but have successfully downloded and installed the new activities, which are for the Stoke - Nottingham 1920s route, rather than Black Country LNWR 1920.

I have also installed all the required stock with the exception of the following -

PO_X_FictionalNames\RH&S-OreHopperLimestone.wag.

Hopefully, Brian, you can let me know the location of this.

Looking forward to running these new activities on this excellent route, so thank you Brian.

Mike

You didn't read the Guidelines document did you - if you had you would have found the reference to the RH&S hoppers as a subfolder under Docs and Activity Support Information, along with instruction on how to install / use them. The files are included as part of the route download.

Incidentally, I have expanded the original 7 activities supplied with the route to a total of 12 activities in the updated activity pack, and all now have AI traffic. The required stock list (all available on TSSH) is listed in the documents.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Thu 07 Sep 2023, 8:24 am

Guilty as charged Brian! Sorry.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 07 Sep 2023, 10:54 am

Hi Mike,I'm now more confused If The Huddersfield and L&Y Acts go into their respective folders , and the Black Country acts have to go in the Stoke Notts folder, what do I have to do with the Stoke Notts act ? Shocked Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

These Routes are indeed Grand, and they were up and running,but I had a mishap and lost them (Deleted in error),now I can't seem to get them back. Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Thu 07 Sep 2023, 12:01 pm

Hi Roger

There are four separate routes, and four separate activity packs, all available here (under "ROUTES") -

https://tsshonline.weebly.com/shortnorths-uploads.html

The Black Country acts go in the Black Country LNWR 1920 route, and the Stoke Nottingham acts go in the Stoke Nottingham 1920 route.

I hope this helps.

Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Sun 17 Sep 2023, 7:35 am

UPDATED ACTIVITIES PACK

I have now uploaded to TSSH file library a set of updated activities for Huddersfield and Environs 1920 - these comprise an expanded set of 12 activities which are essentially the same as the original 7 activities, plus 5 new activities, supplied with the original route download EXCEPT that they now have extensive AI traffic and static trains added in platforms and sidings to represent a busy post-WW1 railway.

Enjoy the cavalcade of passing trains as you drive along the various lines of the  Huddersfield and Environs route.

PS - the file should be available for download in the next few days.

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Wed 20 Sep 2023, 9:21 am

TAKING STOCK OF MY MSTS/OR MODELS

I have now been 'working' with the UK MSTS/OR train simulator community for around ten years. So, it is time to take stock of what my original plans were, and what I've uploaded over the years. Although my original plans were to further the LMS era, I settled into the LMS pre-grouping era, circa 1920, due to the excellent MR Skipton 1920 CD (download version). The closure of UKTS leaves very little pure LMS stock to be of much help in creating activities for LMS routes, such as Thames-Mersey or Thames-Trent. Hopefully a few new LMS models can be added to the download libraries by other authors to cover the loss of the extensive range of LMS CD stock from UKTS.

ROUTES - I have now uploaded four 1920 era routes, two of my own (Huddersfield and Heartland), and two co-authored with Don Hinton (Black Country and Stoke-Nottingham). All of these have been extended as far as I originally intended, and in fact added a bit more than planned. These four routes cover extensive areas of LNWR, LYR, MR and NSR lines in the mid-north-west of England around Lancashire, Yorkshire, Staffordshire and Nottinghamshire.

I currently have NO plans to extend any of these routes, and there are no new routes in the pipeline.

ROLLING STOCK - when I started there was very little LMS pre-grouping rolling stock available, so I put in place a substantial building program to expand the stock of the LNWR, LYR, NSR to support the Skipton MR stock library. I think I have built all the main stock used by these pre-grouping railways (with a smattering of the locos also available in LMS era livery post-1923).

With the demise of UKTS and the massive loss of stock from their download library, there is currently NO Midland railway locomotives available in the remaining libraries. Accordingly, I have started a small pack of MR locos to allow for future users to run MR trains over the MR lines in the above four routes. Apart from these,  at present I have NO plans to build any further new rolling stock. (There is only a small library of MR coaches and wagons currently available).

ACTIVITIES - when I built the routes, my ultimate aim was to add a range of activities for each of the four routes - I envisaged at least 12 activities for each route. Originally the activities were fairly basic, but over recent times I have added Activity Upgrade Packs for all four routes with a minimum of 12 activities, with added AI traffic and static trains in sidings and signal stops to represent a busy working railway. I have NO current plans to add any more activities to these routes - however, having said that, I MIGHT (no guarantees) make a pack of MR train activities for use with the MR sections of those routes.

SUMMARIZING - after ten years, I'm getting a bit burnt out, and my health is starting to deteriorate (along with my wife's health), so I aim to slow down substantially and just have a 'play trains' when I like it, rather than an intensive building session.

Then, for the last ten years I have pretty much neglected my original NSWGR routes and stock, and may make a few activities for the NSWGR routes.

I'll still be active on the forums, etc and may upload a few new models from time to time.

Regards, Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Wed 20 Sep 2023, 12:29 pm

Hi Brian

I've just installed all your 1920's routes along with TSSH stock. Everything just works! They are a joy to run. It is so satisfying to run accurate model trains over smooth track, everything is very convincing. I especially like the UKFS trackwork in Stoke-Nottingham. By the way we were supposed to add a rail profile, weren't we? (I didn't read the instructions Sad }.

I do see why you need to take it easy - you've done the hard yacker over the last ten years, time to slow down. I don't know that anyone has been as productive as you - and everything you have done is so professional.

If I might make a suggestion - why not publish some outlines for authentic activities that can be created by others - possibly even someone so amateur as myself. I don't know enough about the operational side of the railways your routes represent, so anything I do would just be pie in the sky, but with some sort of a plan perhaps I (and others) could contribute something worthwhile. Don't mean to push!

I am sorry to hear that you and your wife's health are are not what they were, I can certainly understand that.

BTW vis a vis your remarks about MR stock, some that is readily available is on the ildeposito.net site. You might like to take a look. Mostly done by Renzo Grassi, who is a very prolific and accurate modeller. Stock includes MR, GNR, GER, LNWR, LMS, BR, LYR, M&CR. His Leeds-Settle-Carlisle route is, I think, brilliant.

Thank you for all your hard work, which is appreciated by many. Have a good rest, but don't get bored. Look forward to hearing you on the forums.

Kind Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Thu 21 Sep 2023, 3:10 am

tonya37 wrote:Hi Brian

..............................BTW vis a vis your remarks about MR stock, some that is readily available is on the ildeposito.net site. You might like to take a look. Mostly done by Renzo Grassi, who is a very prolific and accurate modeller. Stock includes MR, GNR, GER, LNWR, LMS, BR, LYR, M&CR. His Leeds-Settle-Carlisle route is, I think, brilliant.......................................Tony

Whilst I hear what you are saying, I made some comments many years ago when his route and stock first came out - while some models are very good, others are 'generic' models repainted to look like MR, LNW, LYR stock - which is one reason I started making my extensive LNWR, LYR, NSR stock. By all means, if you think his models are great, then there is no  reason that you cannot install and run them in your installation - however they will not be included in any activities that I may make in the future.

Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Thu 21 Sep 2023, 7:32 am

Hi Brian

Sounds eminently reasonable to me. I do have the latest version of Renzo's route installed, and I enjoy it very much.

On the other hand I would be delighted to see your new MR pack become available.

I also have the Skipton stock from UKTS downloads (like many others, I've made sure that I have what I need from UKTS)

I am also enjoying your 1920's routes, they are breathtaking.

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Thu 21 Sep 2023, 12:44 pm

G'day Brian

The mystery remains unsolved and that's the way it's gonna be, BUT the problem was resolved by installing the UKTS version of BC1920 alongside the TSSH version. More than one way to skin a cat.

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  ShortNorth Sun 01 Oct 2023, 8:23 am

NEW ENGINE PACKS

As stated above, with the loss of the Skipton MR 1920 stock pack, I have now uploaded a small pack of MR locos to replace those lost. These comprise a 3P 4-4-0 Johnson Belpaire and a 3F 0-6-0 Johnson rebuild - also I have added a couple of MR 20T brake vans (fitted and unfitted) to cover other losses.

Additionally, I have also released these, separately,  in early LMS livery (pre-1928 livery).

I am currently making a set of MR activities to use on the various MR lines in the four 1920 routes.

Brian

ShortNorth
ShortNorth

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 01 Oct 2023, 11:21 am

ShortNorth wrote:NEW ENGINE PACKS

As stated above, with the loss of the Skipton MR 1920 stock pack, I have now uploaded a small pack of MR locos to replace those lost. These comprise a 3P 4-4-0 Johnson Belpaire and a 3F 0-6-0 Johnson rebuild - also I have added a couple of MR 20T brake vans (fitted and unfitted) to cover other losses.

Additionally, I have also released these, separately,  in early LMS livery (pre-1928 livery).

I am currently making a set of MR activities to use on the various MR lines in the four 1920 routes.

Brian

Good morning Brian. Can you please list the names of the new files you have added today.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sun 01 Oct 2023, 11:34 am

Hi David,

They are LMS exMR Engine Pack.zip and PG Locos MR.zip.
The newest files are nearly always located at the end of the section where they are placed (the exception being for patches or replacement files).

Justin

j3801
j3801
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 01 Oct 2023, 1:03 pm

j3801 wrote:Hi David,

They are LMS exMR Engine Pack.zip and PG Locos MR.zip.
The newest files are nearly always located at the end of the section where they are placed (the exception being for patches or replacement files).

Justin

Thank again.Brian.  When you advise of new downloads, can you please list their files names in full.  TSSH does not make it easy to find these out of all your downloads or the dates uploaded!  Oh! for UKTS!!!!!!!

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next