Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of date SRV files.

2 posters

Go down

Out of date SRV files. Empty Out of date SRV files.

Post  andrew moody Sat 11 Oct 2014, 1:21 am

Hello everyone.
I have Great eastern and Greater Eastern installed, I am experiencing Problems especially on the section Shenfield Liverpool street. section with the original
GE activities plus pre Ge2 add ons.
when starting up the activity I get various Service file XXX is out of date Please save in the activity editor.
How do I go about doing this? I can not see anywhere in the MSTS activity editor to save the SRV files!
I also can not work out, giveb that this is a pay ware CD, why I even need to save these SRV files or why they are out of date.
I have run a fairly new but pre GE2 activity called 1022 Southend to Liverpol street ,At first the A1 traffic is fairly heavy leaving Southend but the further towards
Shenfield it becomes non exsistant after Shenfield I have the Main line totally to myself the only A1 trains are a class 150 leaving Romford for Southminster
and a pair of class 08 shunters on a rake of Inter city Mk2s on the Bethnal green line, at that point I am being held on a red signal so unable to complete the activity.
Cheers
Andy Moody
Windows 7 Home

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Out of date SRV files. Empty Re: Out of date SRV files.

Post  Markh5682 Sat 11 Oct 2014, 1:50 am

Hi Andy

Go into activity editor, load up the activity, don't alter anything and save it again to update it, that should fix it.

If not, open up the activity in AE again, then open up the service editor (the bit where you make new consists and paths) select the affected service, no need to alter anything, just save it again, then save the whole activity again and exit.

Not sure why it happens, possibly a change in MSTS such as an upgraded tsection.dat or something like that, if a new route or stock changes something within MSTS it can affect other installed content.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 11 Oct 2014, 10:15 pm

Markh5682 wrote:Hi Andy

Go into activity editor, load up the activity, don't alter anything and save it again to update it, that should fix it.

If not, open up the activity in AE again, then open up the service editor (the bit where you make new consists and paths) select the affected service, no need to alter anything, just save it again, then save the whole activity again and exit.

Not sure why it happens, possibly a change in MSTS such as an upgraded tsection.dat or something like that, if a new route or stock changes something within MSTS it can affect other installed content.

Thanks Mark.
Have got rid of the SRV error messages, but still no A1 traffic South of Rochford, I should have seen 309s and 86+ Mk2 stock according to the consist files.
Not sure why that should be. but thanks for your help.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 15 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm

As you know, I have just re installed 1MSTS and also Great Eastern and can report no issues. Obviously my last incantation of 1MSTS was not installed or was not working properly.
Therefore if the modorators wish, This thread can be locked,dumped or scrapped altogether to save space.
Cheers
Andy Moody

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down