Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Out of date" service, etc. in Mini Routes

Go down

"Out of date" service, etc. in Mini Routes Empty "Out of date" service, etc. in Mini Routes

Post  rufuskins Mon 10 Feb 2020, 10:08 am

I decided today to have a drive on one of my favourite routes, namely the Woodhead route uploaded in 2003. This is a Mini Route located on a HD sat within the computer along with numerous other Mini Routes, and I use Mini Loader to access it.
Having selected an activity and clicked on Run Route it opens the MS Screen and I click on Dive Train. It starts and then reports a service being out of date and requests the activity is resaved in Activity Editor.
The question is how does one activate the Activity Editor for a Mini Route? Presumably one solution would be to copy the route as one's main MSTS and then open Activity Editor, although this seems a somewhat long winded solution!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

"Out of date" service, etc. in Mini Routes Empty Re: "Out of date" service, etc. in Mini Routes

Post  slipperman12 Mon 10 Feb 2020, 11:17 am

Hi Alec,
To create access to AE for a mini-route :
1. In the mini-route's MSTS root folder, right-click train.exe, select 'Send to', then 'Desktop (create shortcut)'
2. Locate the shortcut on your Desktop and right-click it - rename as appropriate, eg MEP Editors
3. Right-click the shortcut again and select Properties.
4. On the Target line, after train.exe" add one space followed by -toolset -mem:2048  Note the space between toolset and -mem.
5. Left-click the Apply button.
6. Left-click the Compatibility tab and ensure that there is a tick in the "Run as an administrator" box.
7. Left-click the OK button and you should be done - double-clicking the new shortcut should start the editors.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

"Out of date" service, etc. in Mini Routes Empty Re: "Out of date" service, etc. in Mini Routes

Post  rufuskins Mon 10 Feb 2020, 4:46 pm

Once again Ged you have pointed me in the right direction. Thak you.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down