Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Parenzana - the Real Thing

2 posters

Go down

La Parenzana - the Real Thing Empty La Parenzana - the Real Thing

Post  tonya37 Thu 27 Jun 2024, 5:21 am

Some interest has been shown recently in "La Parenazana", a now extinct narrow gauge line from the Italian port of Trieste to the Croatian port of Parenzo, so I thought I'd add a few pictures I took of the real thing to add context.

La Parenzana - the Real Thing Archbr10
This is the concrete arch bridge that you pass under when leaving Campo Marzio station.

La Parenzana - the Real Thing Campom10
This is the inside of the station. The platform was in front of  the tower at the left. The station is now a museum and is being refurbished, due to reopen in July, I think.
La Parenzana - the Real Thing Mainen11
This is the main entrance to the station, actually to the apartments above now. Note the logo of the K.K.St.B above the arch. The station was the terminus of the "Transalpina" or "Wocheinerbahn", the second railway connecting Vienna to Trieste, and the Parenzana platform was just tacked on to it. The story of that line is also fascinating.
La Parenzana - the Real Thing Monton10
This is Montona (mow called Motovun) from the village of Livade, where the station for Montona was actually situated. The station building is at the right of the photo, a rather dark stone building. Walking up the hill to Montona is pretty hard going (personal experience!) but the views are magnificent. Livade is mostly noted for its world famous truffles, which I have to say I don't particularly like.

Tony

tonya37

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

La Parenzana - the Real Thing Empty Re: La Parenzana - the Real Thing

Post  neanderthal Thu 27 Jun 2024, 7:54 am

Thank you Tony, it's always nice to have a look "at the real thing" so to speak.
It's sometimes a surprise to make comparisons and see what you recognise from the Sim....Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down