Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter

+5
rufuskins
j3801
StephenRWells
slipperman12
neanderthal
9 posters

Go down

The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter   Empty The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter

Post  j3801 Wed 29 May 2024, 8:52 am

Hi All,

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Brian Bere-Streeter.
I received this email from is wife this Morning:

Hi Justin

I am Yvonne Bere-Streeter, widow of the late Brian John Bere-Streeter. My precious husband of 50 years on 22 June, 2024, died yesterday afternoon (28 May, 2024) in Greenslopes Private Hospital in Brisbane, Australia. He asked me to email you as soon as he died.

After being in hospital for a couple of months, recovering from two amputated toes, followed by an amputated left forefoot, Brian had his left leg amputated at the knee because the wounded forefoot became infected. His leg became infected immediately after surgery. The infection spread throughout his body, including his heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, and other internal organs. The hospital had him on palliative care for 16 days prior to his death yesterday afternoon.

Prior to his death, Brian asked me to email you as soon as he died so that you could make a Train Sim announcement in order to prevent Brian disappearing off the face of the Earth.

As you would expect, I am absolutely devastated by the loss of my precious husband, Brian. He was a wonderful husband!

Regards
Yvonne Bere-Streeter

Brian had been a great supporter of TSSH and TSSHFH and had created many custom models exclusively for us, and he was a great help with many things behind the sceens.
He encouraged me to release my NSWGR 38 class at a time when I doubted the interest in them.

Brain will be greatly missed by many.

I know that Brian was wanting to release a few of his NSWGR items through TSSHFH after a few tweaks, I shall honour this (without the tweaks) and try to get the files up over the next few days, starting with his 2 routes.

A fair amount of Brians NSWGR work is available through the https://coalstonewcastle.com.au/ website.

Regards,
Justin

The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter   Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter   Empty Re: The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter

Post  neanderthal Wed 29 May 2024, 9:08 am

So sorry to hear of the loss of Yvonne's Husband, Brian , May I offer my sincere Condolences to the Lady, he will be be sorely missed.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

niknak likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter   Empty Re: The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter

Post  slipperman12 Wed 29 May 2024, 10:34 am

Very sorry to hear of the loss of Brian - we will miss him.

My heartfelt condolences to Yvonne and his family.

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

niknak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 29 May 2024, 10:35 am

Hi All,

Brian's passing is a great loss to the Train Simulator Community. He was a prolific creator of Routes, models, more recently activities and a wealth of knowledge which he would willingly share with us all when asked. As many of you will know I created various activities for some of his excellent routes and am proud to be associated with them.

Justin, can you please also pass my condolences to Yvonne at this sad time.

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Wed 29 May 2024, 11:56 am

Hi All,

I have passed a link on to Yvonne for this topic so that she can read everyones messages as they come in.

Regards,
Justin

The Passing Of Brian Bere-Streeter   Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 29 May 2024, 4:45 pm

Firstly let me add my condolences to Yvonne (Vonnie) and family on the passing of Brian.

It is indeed a sad day for Train Simulation, as Brian was a prime mover in trying to ensure that much of the legacy MSTS assets were not lost. In addition he was a great help to me when I was working on the LYR wagons and the LNWR coaches. It was amazing the MSTS/OR content that Brian was able to create and give to us, and I will always be very grateful for that.

Regards, Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronzino Wed 29 May 2024, 11:03 pm

Hi Yvonne,
I am so sorry for your loss, please accept my sincere condolences.
KenH.

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Thu 30 May 2024, 1:19 am

Hello Yvonne

Please accept my condolences to you and your family. Many of us did not know Brian personally, yet we grew to know him, respect him and like him through this site, and we feel great sadness at his passing. That he asked you to let Justin know, and to pass on the sad news to all of us is, I think, absolutely typical of his thoughtfulness. He took great care that his train simming legacy should continue. He was much respected for his contributions to the forum, which were marked by his intimate knowledge of railways, his honesty and courtesy. He will be sorely missed by all and  remembered with great fondness.

Vale Brian.

Kind Regards

Tony Allinson

Last edited by tonya37 on Thu 30 May 2024, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

tonya37

slipperman12 and niknak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat 01 Jun 2024, 8:46 pm

Hi Yvonne.

Sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my condolences, Brian was a great asset to the train sim community and will be greatly missed.

Kind regards.

Mark

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Sun 02 Jun 2024, 10:39 am

My deepest sympathy to Yvonne and to all Brian's family and friends, he will be sadly missed.
He was a great help to myself in the early days of msts, and gave me the encouragement to proceed with content creation for the hobby.
RIP, Brian
Terry

terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down