Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration

4 posters

Go down

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Empty Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration

Post  nounours1952 Thu 07 Mar 2024, 4:41 pm

Hi Garry,

First of all, thank you for this road. I started the creation of an activity from Zürich to Paris-Gare-de-Lyon (by the LGE4). Unfortunately, as soon as I left Zürich on track 12, I found myself blocked by a free train.
At Basel SBB, I also saw trains laid alongside.
The tracks are agreeable decorated, but for a creator of activities, these free trains are a handicap. Do you allow me to mock the road somewhat by removing the annoying oars. Or is there a possibility of having a road without these oars?
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Incidentally when downloading the zurich-basel02 archive, I became a message telling me that it has an error in that, but downloading is possible.

Amicably
Pascal

nounours1952

Back to top Go down

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Empty Re: Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration

Post  peacockg Fri 15 Mar 2024, 3:15 pm

Hi Pascal
Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I missed the post until today.

I have placed static trains in a number of positions to add interest to the route.

You can identify where they are in the following ways.
1. In stations the platform is not identified where there is a train placed. So Zurich Platform 12 has a platform marker but Platform 9 has no marker.

2. The same applies in sidings. Zurich A1 and Zurich A3 have siding markers but the siding between has a static train in it and is not identified. Also this train is protected by a signal set at permanent danger.

I hope this helps you.

Removing the static trains will enable you to run your activity as you like but will not enable others to run there.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  nounours1952 Sat 16 Mar 2024, 11:02 am

Hi Garry,

Don’t worry, I’m a very patient man.

it is true as I noted, this road is pleasantly decorated. I bypassed my problem using another lane.
In fact my question in relation to the removal of some static was about the authorization to distribute my activity with the modifications made to the road. But this is no longer necessary.
On the other hand, it will be very difficult to create a freight activity, the tracks being very busy with static. With the MSTS modes editor, this was not a problem, but with ORTS and TSRE5 it becomes quite complicated.

Thanks again for that road. I guess it wasn’t easy to create.

Amicably
Pascal

nounours1952

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Sat 16 Mar 2024, 3:51 pm

Hi Pascal
There is a lot of freight activity on this route. If you Google "Rhine Alpine" you will find information and maps about routes from Northern Europe to Italy through Switzerland.

You can also watch a You Tube video showing a container travelling from Basel Europort to the Marshalling Yard at Limmattal then leaving there en route to the Gotthard. My container Freight activity follows the route in reverse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGxyPBhJO54

Below is a map of the route from Track Viewer showing the marshalling yards and the exits from the route to the North and South.
Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Freigh10
I am currently extending the route south towards Bern which is along the route to the Lotschberg.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  nounours1952 Sat 16 Mar 2024, 5:52 pm

Hello Garry

Thanks a lot for the video. It is fantastic how technical progress has made life easier for those responsible for sorting in particular and train regulation in general.

The video starts on the right side of the Rhine River in the port of Basel Kleinhünigen and I was born right in front in Huningue!

I worked in Switzerland for more than 30 years and I picked it up by train as part of my job from west to east and from north to south.

It is both very nice and surprising for you to be interested in the creation of Swiss Rail Roads, because there are only two creators of roads in Switzerland, one being paying.

Kindly
Pascal

nounours1952

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Mon 18 Mar 2024, 3:47 pm

Hi Pascal

There are some other free Swiss routes that may interest you.

On Didi's site https://didi2004.de/ you will find:
The Sudostbahn
My first attempt at a route so it is very dated. The fictional Abendzeit.
My second route, Luzern to Engelberg. Standard gauge track and Engelberg reduced in altitude to avoid the gradient on the rack section.
BLS 2010. My route from Bern over the Lotschberg as far as the Simplon tunnel.

There are also some routes on The Train.de
https://the-train.de/downloads/filebase/128-real/

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sun 24 Mar 2024, 3:32 pm

I have just explored the route using a couple of Crocodiles. Very nice though perhaps a bit too clean in places even for Switzerland.
I noticed all the static stock.
But the problem I have is that I cannot find either of the consists required for the activities. I have installed the stock which and consists come with the route and the two Sudostbahn packs given in the notes. But none of these seem to contain the consists. What am I doing wrong?
And when you do an update it would be nice to have some maps as the file will not open in Mapper - like many others.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 24 Mar 2024, 6:46 pm

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Zurich10
Jonathan hope this helps.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Jonathan David likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Mon 25 Mar 2024, 12:41 pm

Sorry for the problems with the route. I know I should have sorted this out before now, but I have an idea as to how to proceed.

You say "too clean". By this do you mean things like graffiti, or do you mean that some areas need additional scenery. I am not keen on graffiti, and weathering of stock and buildings requires someone with artistic tendencies. This is definitely not me.

Please keep using the route and give me feedback if you find anything new that needs fixing. Post some screenshots please.

I reckon it is going to take me about 2 weeks to get everything sorted out, so please be patient.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Sun 07 Apr 2024, 3:22 pm

Bad news

My idea to help with explore mode (I have never used this) was to remove the track beneath the scenery trains to block the route.
Having done this I now have the Open Rails log reporting many tdb errors.

So I think I will abandon this and try to get the route back in shape.

I will keep you informed of my progress.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  nounours1952 Sun 07 Apr 2024, 4:47 pm

Hello everyone,
hi Garry,

thank you for trying. Leave it as it is, it also has its advantages (no need for more scenery). We will deal with it. Often the too much is the enemy of the good

As I read that you were open to pointing out one or the other problem, one thing that bothers me a lot is the VLs. They seem to be totally fictitious. I have a lot of problems with the activity that I’m doing. I circumvented the problem by telling the driver how fast he can drive. To do this, you must first uncheck the speed control in the OR options. But it is impossible to manage over-speeds in the Track Monitor.

There is a site where you can find the VL: openrailwaymap.

If you could change that, that would be great. If you do wish it, I can send you the chart of speeds and PK’s I retained.

Another thing that is close to my heart, but here, I’m sorry, I'm shure I’m abusing, is the station of Basel SBB. It’s obviously difficult to model a building without having seen it. I can send you screenshots of the station on the LGV4 built by Michel Kmiec. The photos are from me, but not the final modeling.

Kindly
Pascal

nounours1952

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Mon 08 Apr 2024, 10:49 am

Hi Pascal

Thanks for the information. I was totally unaware of the openrailwaymap containing speed limits, so as you say the limits I have placed are fiction. I will have a look at this and may decide to change them all for the next edition. The problem with speed limits is when you come to points and crossovers. The limit for straight ahead may be 120, but for taking the curved route it may be only 50. This is difficult to implement particularly at crossovers. Open Rails needs to have a setting for this.

As for Basel SBB, I would be pleased to see any information that you have. My model is mainly based on images from Google Earth and Streetview used with models that I had previously built and could adapt to suit. The one thing that is from the future is the building where the Post is over the tracks. Here I have built my version of Basel SBB Nauentor.
https://nauentor.ch/

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Mon 08 Apr 2024, 12:04 pm

Re my comment about the scenery being rather clean, I was thinking mainly of the plain green areas in the countryside. Perhaps just a different texture is needed. But that is no different from many of the older routes. No, not graffiti.
And re static stock, what I have seen others do is just have a break in the track close to the stock so you can't run a train into it (or through it of course).
I am completely incapable of creating a route, much as I would love to (Rhymney Railway main line preferably) so I have great admiration for those who can.
Re speed limits, of course in OR the locomotive itself has a speed limit which may be lower than the line limit. The crocodiles I used to explore the route were quite slow, so plenty of time to enjoy the route.
And thanks to Neanderthal for the map with place names.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Tue 09 Apr 2024, 3:03 pm

Hi Jonathan

I have had a look at the Rhymney Valley on the Ordnance Survey maps and Wiki. It sounds interesting, perhaps you should consider giving route building a try. You will find that there is lots of support.
The line appears to run along the bottom of a valley which is good as it reduces the area visible to each side. The problem is that the area is very built up, lots of housing and industry to position. Lots of this will need to be modelled although you can probably use lots of ready made items available for download.

As for the green areas on the Zurich line, I have just counted 373 tiles each subdivided into 256 subtiles. When TSRE generates a new tile every subtile is green. Each change to a subtile from the original green has to be done by changing the tile texture manually. I only use the tile textures that came with the original MSTS version as my art skills are not good.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  nounours1952 Wed 10 Apr 2024, 3:04 pm

Dear Garry,

after discussing it with Re 440 (the designer of the Chablais line in Switzerland), he advised me to retain the speeds of OpenRailwayMap. So I made a table with on the left the speed limits per kilometric point of the road and those of my activity as I had thought before making this table.
The reading is extremely time-consuming because OpenRailwayMap does not show kilometric points. These must be estimated using OR Trackviewer.
If it can help you, at least for this part between Zürich and Basel, I gladly put this painting at your disposal.
I also send you, but only for information, some screenshots of the Basel station as it was modeled for the LGE. But do not change anything. The simmers who will see to it are counted on the fingers of one hand. It’s just "nice to have" as one of my computer trainers said and he added "we will do it if we find the time".
If you are ready to correct the speeds on your whole road, I can gladly give you a hand. It is perhaps less tedious for me, because I know the region that I have traveled many times professionally for more than 25 years.  Don’t hesitate. It’s just out of respect for your work.

Kindly
Pascal

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Sncf_s10
Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Sncf_t10
Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Max_ve10

nounours1952

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Fri 12 Apr 2024, 4:02 pm

Hi Pascal
Thanks for the images and the table of speed limits. I will make use of them as I modify my route.

Looking at Basle SNCF I recall having problems at the western approach to the station, 2 tracks on the approach splitting into about 15 platforms. In the space available this would be a problem if the track were straight but it has a curve to the right. I had several attempts at getting it to work without success, and eventually settled for the track layout used.
Looking at openrailmaps and Google Earth, it appears that this end of the station is undergoing redevelopment. Several platforms are shown as being not continuous and the images show construction equipment digging up the tracks.

The Chablais line and LGE, are they available for download? I would be interested in looking at them.
Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  nounours1952 Sat 13 Apr 2024, 2:50 pm

Hi Garry,

here some pictures from the SNCF Station geographycaly situated on the east side.

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Screen11

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Screen13

Zurich-Basel - Track-Decoration Screen12

SNCF Track are 30 to 35 without 34.

Link for the LGE4.1 :

https://www.funtrain.net/lines/view/14

Patch that correct the signalisation called "Les compléments" :
https://www.activitysimulatorworld.net/chargements_temporaires/Lignes/ASW_Chargements_Ligne_LGE.html

Link for the Chablais Route (Switzerland) :
https://re440msts.wixsite.com/re440-openrails-ch

Have a nice Day.

Kindly
Pascal

nounours1952

Back to top Go down

Post  nounours1952 Tue 16 Apr 2024, 4:01 pm

Hi Garry,

I've made a Mistake in my Speed Table : The first KP 80 must be 90. Sorry.

Amicalement
Pascal

nounours1952

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down