Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coast Completed (almost)

3 posters

Go down

Coast Completed (almost) Empty Coast Completed (almost)

Post  neanderthal Wed 28 Feb 2024, 1:41 pm

Well I've had a great week Steaming on the Mid East Coast, Only one Act didnt work for me hence the question .
What does this Notice actually men ?
Coast Completed (almost) Spil10
I get the bit about reporting it to OR, but was wondering just what it means.

PS ..As updates become available will they be available here or only GitHub ?

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Coast Completed (almost) Empty Re: Coast Completed (almost)

Post  slipperman12 Wed 28 Feb 2024, 2:27 pm

Hi Roger,
ORNYMG is NOT available on GitHub - you can aways get the latest version from Carlo's own site - http://interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php  (At top of screen)

The fatal error is usually due to a fault in a fundamental data item -  please tell us which activity gives this error (I assume you have already checked the stock used by it)

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 28 Feb 2024, 6:52 pm

Hi Ged, Once again I appear not to have worded a message correctly, I'll put that down to "as usual for me." floging a dead horse
All the Acts ran great apart from the last one , which is,
WAL  STONE GOODS
Thats when I get the message I put in my first post..
and Yes I have checked the Stock and Act Man says it's all present

Then I've confused you as to what updates I want to look out for,. I've got the link to Carlo's site (Thank you, you yourself put me on to it.).

What I was hoping to find was how to get updates for the Route (Mid East Coast).
I hope I've put a it a little clearer this time..Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 28 Feb 2024, 7:03 pm

Hi Roger,
Sorry if I misunderstood your post !

There are no separate upgrades for MEC.  Mick makes the latest version available here : https://github.com/MECoast/MECoast - Click the green 'Code' button then download the zip file. This will be the complete route which should be used to replace your existing version.
Of course, if you've got GitHub Desktop, you can get to it that way, which will allow you to update your existing version, in-situ.

You may be pleased, or relieved, to learn that I have exactly the same  error message when starting the  WAL_Stone_Goods activity with v1.5.1.  The same message is displayed when running the Testing version, T1.5.1-866, and ORNYMG 150.3.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : The problem appears to be that the Player path is invalid with the result that it's not started - still working on it!!

Last edited by slipperman12 on Wed 28 Feb 2024, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Wed 28 Feb 2024, 7:25 pm

Thanks for that Ged; I've tried to get on GitHub Desktop, a few times but always manage to Male Chicken it up, so will do it the other way...Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 28 Feb 2024, 8:15 pm

Hi Roger,
The Player path is broken.  I've tried repairing it using Track Viewer, but I get a message indicating that it can't be fixed!

I'll send a message to Mick Clarke, reporting this problem

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 29 Feb 2024, 9:17 am

Thank you Ged.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Thu 29 Feb 2024, 1:16 pm

slipperman12 wrote:
The Player path is broken.  I've tried repairing it using Track Viewer, but I get a message indicating that it can't be fixed!

This can sometimes happen in Track Viewer. I can't remember why, but it was something specific that TV did not like. If you got MSTS activity editor still working, that should be able to fix the problem with the player path.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 29 Feb 2024, 1:30 pm

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the reminder about MSTS AE.  I'd already tried that, but as MEC is so large, although AE will start, trying to use it is worse than watching paint dry!!

I'll give it another go Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 29 Feb 2024, 8:36 pm

Hi Gary,
I loaded just that activity into MSTS AE and was able to find the part of the path coloured red.
Following the Steam4Me tutorial, I fixed that break and now, as far as I can see, the whole path is shown in green, BUT, on reloading, it still shows as 'broken''

Instead of showing two nodes not found, the Open Rails log now shows about half a dozen, including one of those previously reported!

I think I've exhausted my path-solving skills (such as they are!) and might try deleting and recreating the path.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Thu 29 Feb 2024, 10:34 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Gary,
I loaded just that activity into MSTS AE and was able to find the part of the path coloured red.
Following the Steam4Me tutorial, I fixed that break and now, as far as I can see, the whole path is shown in green, BUT, on reloading, it still shows as 'broken''

Instead of showing two nodes not found, the Open Rails log now shows about half a dozen, including one of those previously reported!

I think I've exhausted my path-solving skills (such as they are!) and might try deleting and recreating the path.

Cheers,
Ged

Hi Ged.

After the fix in A.E, did you try again to fix the player path in Track Viewer? I haven't installed MEC as yet, so cannot test this specific problem.

Thanks
Gary

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 29 Feb 2024, 11:18 pm

Hi Gary,
Yes, I did try with Track Viewer again, but with the same result.

I have now recreated the path from scratch, using MSTS AE and following the previously displayed green line.  OR now runs OK,  but that's with only the Player service.  Tomorrow, I'll test the full activity, just in case there are other path problems!.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Mar 2024, 6:46 pm

Hi Roger,
I have now successfully completed this activity.

I have attached my corrected path file to this post - unpack from the .zip file then copy the .pat file into the Paths folder of your MEC route, allowing it to overwrite.

Cheers,
Ged
Attachments
Coast Completed (almost) Attachment
WAL_SSTC_BR 04 63690 Player.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

slipperman12

neanderthal, Bronzino and niknak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 02 Mar 2024, 8:59 pm

That sorted it, many thanks.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down