Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid East Coast

3 posters

Go down

Mid East Coast Empty Mid East Coast

Post  brace_2011 Wed 15 Dec 2021, 2:40 pm

Just a quick note to say a sincere thankyou to Mick Clarke for this new route.  I have explored a few of the supplied paths, and it really is a super piece of work.

Best wishes

Martin

PS ... and thanks too to Justin for hosting it here.

Last edited by brace_2011 on Wed 15 Dec 2021, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add PS)

brace_2011

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mid East Coast Empty Re: Mid East Coast

Post  Jonathan David Wed 22 Dec 2021, 5:12 pm

I have been enjoying exploring East Anglia but have two queries.
It is possible that what I have noticed is inherited from MidEastPlus.
First, as one approaches Kings Lynn along the M&GN there is a junction, one way to KL station and the other further east (thought it does not go far. One can also join this route by taking a left junction when leaving KL in the Up direction. But according to my maps the junction from the M&GN should be in the direction of Gayton Road and Melton Constable etc whereas the junction east of KL station should lead in the direction of Middleton and on to Swaffham. They should not join, as they do. Travelling in the Down direction from KL there should be a junction on the right. This is the one which should connect to the M&GN. I am aware that there is also a fictional KL avoiding line, though I am not sure why it is needed. I hope that lot is clear!
The second query relates to Murrow which had a famous level crossing between the two routes. On the sim this has been replaced by two double junctions. I am not aware that this change happened on the real railway, but am happy to be proved wrong.
I would have attached is a screen grab from that great site Rail Map Online showing the prototype layout at Kings Lynn but the program is telling me there is no room even though it is only 758 kB.
I was also interested that the path from Hunstanton to Mansfield took me via Retford (though again I seem to have missed the level crossing - had it gone by BR days?) rather than along the shorter route via Clipstone Junction.
No criticism meant of a great route. Just curious.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  drivertwopointnull Tue 11 Jan 2022, 4:47 pm

I agree100%, route is fantastic! THANK YOU!

drivertwopointnull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down