Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MID EAST COAST

+2
slipperman12
Bronzino
6 posters

Go down

MID EAST COAST Empty MID EAST COAST

Post  Bronzino Tue 05 Mar 2024, 2:08 pm

Hi all,
I have been sifting through my old UKTS files and found Ref.8892 which turned out to be a really nice model of a J69 68530 which according to my Longworth BR Steam Loco. Allocations book was allocated to 31A  Cambridge from 1948 until transferred to 36E Retford in 1960 until withdrawal. Hopefully this will be of interest all you great activity creators out there.
Best Regards KenH.

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

MID EAST COAST Empty Re: MID EAST COAST

Post  slipperman12 Tue 05 Mar 2024, 3:55 pm

Hi Ken,
Thanks for that Smile
It is available from trainsim.com as  UKTS_8892_J69_BR.zip.  I don't think it's in the TSSH library - its author is Jur Snijder
The loco uses sounds and cabview from the default Flying Scotsman, although I'm sure they're not right!

The same author also uploaded a blue version - UKTS_29843_J69_BR_blue.zip from trainsim.com - which, while appearing to use its own sound and cabview folders, still uses those from the Flying Scotsman!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Tue 05 Mar 2024, 7:00 pm

There were two others on UKST
40317 by cunningn
29843 in BR blue by jamespeterbrett
I assume that fadedglory is the nomdeplume of Jur Snijder as his two (LNER and BR) are they only two others listed.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Tue 05 Mar 2024, 7:33 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Sorry, mate, but 40317 is for Railworks, not MSTS/ORTS!

.... and "jamespeterbrett" seems to be another nom-de-plume of  Jur Snijder as it's the other version I posted!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:08 am

Thanks for the correction. I didn't notice it was for an alien simulator.
I wondered about the other name as the description seemed to tie up with that already mentioned.
So only one more model. Surprising for such a useful loco class. I assume the blue one is the Liverpool Street pilot in BR days, in GER-ish livery though I haven't actually looked at it.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  MEC Wed 06 Mar 2024, 12:39 pm

I have downloaded these files and will take a look at incorporating the two J69 locos into MEC.

Mick Clarke

MEC

Bronzino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronzino Wed 06 Mar 2024, 4:43 pm

Hi all,
        Re Scotsman cabview included in the original file, I have substituted  the 3DTS M7 cabview that came with Swanage route it seems to be a good fit for the J69. looks pretty authentic to me .
        Regards Ken H.

Bronzino

Back to top Go down

Post  MEC Wed 13 Mar 2024, 2:26 pm

MEC is now at Version 1.6.7.5 and available on GitHub.

3 Class J69's and consists added. Mainly useful for Station Pilots and light freight and passenger services.

WAL Stone Goods - Player Path corrected and original readme modified.

Enjoy
Mick Clarke
MEC

MEC

Bronzino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 13 Mar 2024, 3:02 pm

Hi Mick,
Many thanks for your continued development of this great route Smile

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : I can confirm that v1.6.7.5 loads into MSTS AE without any errors (except that several activities are reported as being 'out of date')
... but I have NOT tried creating or modifying an activity.

Last edited by slipperman12 on Wed 13 Mar 2024, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  MEC Wed 13 Mar 2024, 3:55 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Mick,
Many thanks for your continued development of this great route Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Your Welcome. I like the animated smiling face.

Later this year I hope to be able to release The Witham Loop (Lincoln to Boston) and The New Line (Shortcut to Skegness from Lincoln, including the Horncastle Branch). Track is all in place but lots of groundwork and scenery to do.

Mick Clarke
MEC

MEC

Jonathan David likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 13 Mar 2024, 5:45 pm

Hi Mick,

If I download the latest version of MEC will it overwrite any changes that I have made? The changes that I have done are to see the level crossing gates close as you approach - after all what is the point of animated level crossing gates if you don't see them closing? I know that in real life train drivers don't normally see them closing, but I think that this is one time when simulation should override realism.

On another matter, all builders for UK routes seem to be unaware that Church of England churches face East with the tower either at the west end or in the middle.

Thanks for a superb route,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  MEC Thu 14 Mar 2024, 6:55 pm

StephenRWells wrote:Hi Mick,

If I download the latest version of MEC will it overwrite any changes that I have made? The changes that I have done are to see the level crossing gates close as you approach - after all what is the point of animated level crossing gates if you don't see them closing? I know that in real life train drivers don't normally see them closing, but I think that this is one time when simulation should override realism.

On another matter, all builders for UK routes seem to be unaware that Church of England churches face East with the tower either at the west end or in the middle.

Thanks for a superb route,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Glad you like the route.

I'm not sure what will happen to your route modifications I you download the latest. However, I suspect Github will want to overwrite your changes. It will certainly do that whenever a tile is modified by me. There will be many over time. You are basically setting yourself up for a hard life ahead as you will constantly be searching to see if your mods have been overwritten and then you will have to them all again.

Regarding Churches, I am fully aware of which direction they should be facing. Not always sure everyone has been looked at or if I sometimes have the tower at the wrong end but in the main they should be facing east.

Regarding level crossings the system is far from perfect being based on the MSTS methodology. You will be aware that opening and closing of gates is dependent on the speed of the train and distance from the gates. When travelling slow the gate opening is greatly affected by any point work between the train and the gates. So quite often the gates only open very late, say starting from a station whereas in reality the signal would not be off unless the gates were open. There are lots of instances when you can see the gates opening in front of you though but in most cases to me this is not correct operation, unless you have just got right away. Typically from a station stop the gates only open when you start moving, not when the signal changes.

I have tried to make most of the gates operate in a reasonable manner.

If you feel there are any glaring errors please let me know and I will look into it. This will be much better than you doing your own mods which will later be overwritten.

Mick Clarke
MEC

MEC

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 14 Mar 2024, 7:44 pm

I cannot add anything technical to this Post, but I can say" thank you " Mick,it's a smashing Route.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Bronzino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 15 Mar 2024, 2:51 pm

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

I had noticed that your churches did mainly face somewhere in the right direction, this was really a hint to other route builders to check how they placed their churches.

With the level crossings I expect that some will have my settings changed with your updated versions, this isn't too much of a problem for most of your route - the exception being parts of Lincolnshire where they are very abundant. What I have noticed is where a road crosses the railway line at an angle you have placed the gates/barriers parallel with the tracks and not at right angles to the road as they should be. As you said I could be making a lot work for myself if your newer versions overwrite my settings - something I shall have to live with.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  MEC Fri 15 Mar 2024, 3:29 pm

Stephen,

Its obviously up to you how you want do deal the route crossings.

I would just say its not easy to get suitable level crossing gates for angled road crossings, they being generally too short in length. However, I have placed a few at as much of an angle as I can, eg the the one heading south out of Spalding.

Another way I have dealt with this is to use non contemporaneous modern gates (Barriers that raise). They allow much greater road angles to be accommodated.

When you get the next route track update you will notice I have made use of some newly found gates from Highworth, eg the barrier gates at Firsby have been replaced with normal looking gates. Also Woodhall Spa has an acute road crossing but with gates.

Mick Clarke
MEC

MEC

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sat 16 Mar 2024, 9:46 am

I have just taken an excursion from near Chesterfield to Skegness (even though the sea will be very cold in March) and noticed the barriers at some crossings. I can understand why you have used them. I wish I knew enough to create some wider gates for you. But many thanks for all the work you are putting in. I am looking forward to seeing some of the additions you are planning.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Bronzino likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MEC Sat 16 Mar 2024, 9:57 am

A lot of the barriers are of course from the original MidEastPlus which was set in the BR Blue Era where there would have been barriers nearly everywhere on main routes.

Mick Clarke
MEC

MEC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down