Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine sound problem

2 posters

Go down

Engine sound problem Empty Engine sound problem

Post  peacockg Fri 12 Jan 2024, 12:05 pm

The open rails reports the following problem
Warning: Skipped unopenable wave file E:\1MSTS\trains\trainset\SBB Re460\sound\..\..\common.sound\RE460\Kompressor.wav

I have found a file called Kompressor.wav in this location -- Trains\trainset\common.sound\RE460
It plays in MediaPlayer when double clicked

When I look in the file SBB_Re460.eng I find this line
Sound ( "..\\..\\common.sound\\RE460\\RE460Eng.sms" )

In the folder -- Trains\trainset\common.sound\RE460
I find RE460Eng.sms and this says
Stream (
Skip ( ** Kompressorstart ** )
Priority ( 6 )
Volume ( 0.96 )
Triggers ( 1
Initial_Trigger ( PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Kompressor.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
)
etc etc

Is the problem in the line calling the .sms file with the double \\ backslash thingies?

As you can probably tell. This is probably something I should put down as not my problem!

Garry

peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Engine sound problem Empty Re: Engine sound problem

Post  slipperman12 Fri 12 Jan 2024, 2:56 pm

Hi Garry,
If you've seen my previous post on this subject, sorry, but I've deleted it, to avoid confusing you!  If you have seen it, my apologies, please ignore it.

The problem is in the Kompressor.wav file. I have two versions of it from SBB Re460 locos and OR doesn't like either!  Replacing it with a file of the same name from another loco satisfies OR!  There are several files of that name in the sets of Swiss rolling stock so I suggest swapping it with another to avoid the OR log error. Whether it's the correct sound for the SBB Re460 loco is another question, which I can't help with!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Fri 12 Jan 2024, 3:23 pm

Hi Ged
Many thanks for this.
I saw your previous post and was looking into the dates of my files and updating to the later version. I had both here but the earlier version was in my MSTS folders, I think probably downloaded from TheTrain.de . The newer version I had downloaded from the late Dieter Penzel's site https://didi2004.de/ . This was the one I am using to prepare the installation instructions for my soon to be released route.
I have replaced the kompressor .wav file and Open Rails is happy. Now all I have to do is include this in the instructions.

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down