Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MiniRoute Installation please?

+2
Tary5
dennisat
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MiniRoute Installation please? - Page 2 Empty Re: MiniRoute Installation please?

Post  Jonathan David Mon 04 Sep 2023, 7:51 pm

Apologies. I had searched with the .mpg suffix, not .mpeg. My typing error.
And all the files I looked at were copies of the original Kuju start-up video.
I don't have Microsoft Train Simulator program on my computer - well, not this one.
All three versions, startup, msts_startup and startup.old, even turned up in my set of OpenRails only routes, in the main Global folder. I certainly didn't put them there.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

MiniRoute Installation please? - Page 2 Empty Re: MiniRoute Installation please?

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 8:09 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Open Rails doesn't use/need that file. Leaving it there won't do any harm, neither will deleting it!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Mon 04 Sep 2023, 9:33 pm

I am aware that the files are not a problem for OpenRails, but wanted to highlight for others that there may be multiple copies hidden away inn their installations.
I can only think that they came with individual routes, in their Global folders. One where that certainly happened is Rio Grande Southern as I have it as a separate installation.
Anyway, back to OpenRails and no such problems.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 9:34 pm

Hi Paul,
I've been trying all sorts of 'fiddles' with files but can't reproduce the problem you're having, ie pressing A, D, S, W, etc., produces no screen display.

Very often, when there's no display, it's because of a mismatch between the .eng file parameters and .those of the cvf file.  If you've not changed either then that's not the cause for yours not being displayed.

Another cause could be that, somehow, the main MSTS/Keyboard interface is corrupted.
To see if that's the reason, please start the nwce activity from the Mini Loader, as normal. When the MSTS screen is displayed, DO NOT press the START button, but DO press the  OPTIONS button, then left-click KEYBOARD (at the top of the screen).  You should see a display EXACTLY the same as this :
MiniRoute Installation please? - Page 2 Msts-k11
If yours isn't the same, please detail the differences.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Wed 06 Sep 2023, 10:11 am

Hello everybody, Back to NWC Version 2 again.

Finally, aother result this Morning, now working again, to a certain degree.

The Track Monitor, Switch & Next station Boxes are all working correctly but the following I think need some attention:-

The A, S, D & W Keys and the Brakes On and Off Keys are not Displaying any details and Is It possible please to remove the Train Simulator Bar from the top of the Screen.

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 06 Sep 2023, 11:05 am

Hi Paul,
Can you PLEASE answer the last question in my last message?

The bar at the top of which screen? Why?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Wed 06 Sep 2023, 1:11 pm

Hi everybody.

NWC V.1 Is now Working 100%

Thanks for all the help.

Just need to sort a couple of Issues with NWC V.2..

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2