Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MiniRoute Installation please?

+2
Tary5
dennisat
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MiniRoute Installation please? Empty MiniRoute Installation please?

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 11:00 am

Hello everybody.  Not sure whether this Is In the right place due to the sad demise of UKTrainsim but hope It's right.

Here we go again:- NORTH WALES COAST V.2 MiniRoute.

I now have this Installed as a MiniRoute.

BUT, It will only Load (using the very old MSTS KUJI Screen) as far as Being Sat In the Cab at Chester Station with the YnysMonExpress Activity waiting to
Leave. But before being able to set any Controls to do so, It crashes to the Desktop.

Many thanks.

Regards

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

MiniRoute Installation please? Empty Re: MiniRoute Installation please?

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 1:40 pm

Hi Paul,
First of all, please delete the file :  startup.mpg.  You'll find this in the GLOBAL folder.

It is the file giving you the old Kuju video AND has been known to cause the sim to crash.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 2:54 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Paul,
First of all, please delete the file :  startup.mpg.  You'll find this in the GLOBAL folder.

It is the file giving you the old Kuju video AND has been known to cause the sim to crash.

Cheers,
Ged
Thanks Ged, Have Removed the startup.mpg from the Global Folder But unfortunately still doing the same thing.

Regards

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 3:12 pm

Hi Paul,
... then there is something wrong in your setup of the mini-route.

Did you get ANY messages when you were installing it?

Are you running MSTS or Open Rails? If the latter, please post in the Open Rails Forum - it will save us asking this, and any MSTS related questions, like my previous post.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 4:07 pm

... then there is something wrong in your setup of the mini-route.

Did you get ANY messages when you were installing it?

Are you running MSTS or Open Rails?  If the latter, please post in the Open Rails Forum - it will save us asking this, and any MSTS related questions, like my previous post.

Cheers,
Ged

Hello again Ged.  Definitely MSTS and the MSTS?KUJU screen Is still there, but then opens the NWC Coastal View Screen with the Diesel passenger Picture  I did remove the startup MPEG file, It's sat looking at me In the Recycle Bin  (  I seem to  remember having to remove this when Installing earlier Versions of MSTS, something to do with not requiring  the MSTS CD's, I think ).

NWC starts up In the Cab of the Britannia but as soon as I try to use the Controls to move the program closes to the Desktop.

Really hope I haven't got to Install this Yet again.

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 4:27 pm

Hi Paul,
No, it's nothing to do with requiring the CD to be in the drive!  That's the v1.4 update available from Steam4Me.

If the MSTS Kuju screen still appears, you have NOT removed startup.mpg!
Are you sure you removed it from the NWC mini-route installation and not your default installation?

PLEASE try to answer ALL my questions! I asked if you got ANY messages when installing the NWC mini-route.
I am assuming that you've got a properly installed MSTS installation, which includes the 6 default routes.

I don't think you'll have to install it again, BUT we need to find the reason for this current failure.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 5:01 pm

No, it's nothing to do with requiring the CD to be in the drive!  That's the v1.4 update available from Steam4Me.

If the MSTS Kuju screen still appears, you have NOT removed startup.mpg!
Are you sure you removed it from the NWC mini-route installation and not your default installation?

PLEASE try to answer ALL my questions! I asked if you got ANY messages when installing the NWC mini-route.
I am assuming that you've got a properly installed MSTS installation, which includes the 6 default routes.

I don't think you'll have to install it again, BUT we need to find the reason for this current failure.

Cheers,
Ged

QUOTE ! you have NOT removed startup.mpg! If It were possible for you to see It, It's sat looking at me In my Recvcle Bin!!!

I had no error messages when Installing NWC and all 7 Default Routes are Installed (If you include the Tutorial Route).

many thanks

Paul

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 5:15 pm

Hi Paul,
Sorry, mate, but if you still see the Kuju video, startup.mpg has NOT been removed from the installation you are running!
It might well be 'looking at you' from the Recycle Bin, but it's not the file from the NWC installation.
In whichever drive you've got the NWC miniroute installed, have a look in  nwc2_MiniRoute\Train Simulator\GLOBAL.

If you look at the installation with NWC v2 route, you SHOULD NOT see any default routes - that's the point of a mini route!!

Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 6:03 pm

Sorry, mate, but if you still see the Kuju video, startup.mpg has NOT been removed from the installation you are running!
It might well be 'looking at you' from the Recycle Bin, but it's not the file from the NWC installation.
In whichever drive you've got the NWC miniroute installed, have a look in  nwc2_MiniRoute\Train Simulator\GLOBAL.

If you look at the installation with NWC v2 route, you SHOULD NOT see any default routes - that's the point of a mini route!!

Ged

Hello Ged.

My NWC Is INstalled In Drive C:. With no mention of any Default Routes.

There is Definitely no startup.mpg In the NWC Global Folder, as said It's In the Recycle Bin.

When opening the MiniRoute It has a Folder called Train Simulator, with Train Simulator Inside and containing the Route and Trains Folders.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 6:25 pm

Hi Paul,
That's good.

There is Definitely no startup.mpg In the NWC Global Folder, as said It's In the Recycle Bin.
If you STILL see the Kuju video when running this mini-route, it makes no sense - if startup.mpg is not in the folder, the video cannot play!!

I really cannot offer any more suggestions without actually seeing your installation.

Are you using the shortcut created by the installer to run the Mini Loader?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 7:20 pm

That's good.

If you STILL see the Kuju video when running this mini-route, it makes no sense - if startup.mpg is not in the folder, the video cannot play!!

I really cannot offer any more suggestions without actually seeing your installation.

Are you using the shortcut created by the installer to run the Mini Loader?

Cheers,
Ged

Hello Ged.

Yes I am using the shortcut created by the installer to run the Mini Loader.

Have Double/Triple checked There is Definitely no startup.mpg In the NWC Global Folder, but the MSTS/KUJU screen still appears on startup.

Many thanks.

Regards

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 7:48 pm

Hi Paul,
Have Double/Triple checked There is Definitely no startup.mpg In the NWC Global Folder, but the MSTS/KUJU screen still appears on startup.
Sorry, mate, but that is IMPOSSIBLE!!

When you start the Mini-Loader, I think you have selected your other version of NWC instead of the mini-route version.
This is what you should see, except that your drive letter is C:
MiniRoute Installation please? Minilo10
The line in the long box in the middle of your display MUST be  :-  c:\nwc2_MiniRoute\Train Simulator\ROUTES\NWCoast

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 8:47 pm

Sorry, mate, but that is IMPOSSIBLE!!

When you start the Mini-Loader, I think you have selected your other version of NWC instead of the mini-route version.
This is what you should see, except that your drive letter is C:
MiniRoute Installation please? Minilo10
The line in the long box in the middle of your display MUST be  :-  c:\nwc2_MiniRoute\Train Simulator\ROUTES\NWCoast

Cheers,
Ged

Hello Ged.

I did not mention earlier that I did Catch your Post as to where to Find the Mini Loader Tutorial on page One of UKTS. which hopefully I followed to the letter. I also note that UKTS Is currently still On Line? So which Site are we supposed to be using?

This Is whats hapenning:-

Click on miniloader

NWC2_MiniRoute

Train Simulator

Routes

NWCoast

Confirm Route

C:\NWC2_MiniRoute\Train Simulator\ROUTES\NWCOAST

Find and Activate nwce off to nwce act

Run Route

When Route Loads It opens to Cabview of Britannia ready to Run the YnysMonExpress Activity.

As said before when I try to move the Train non of the keys respond and the activity crashes to the Desktop.

Thanks

Paul

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 9:18 pm

Hi Paul,
You have now made no mention of the Kuju video.
Does that now not appear. ?

To help MSTS run better, add the following into the box below the long box ('Filter options for Train.exe') :
-mem:2048 \nofiltercab:1
This won't, necessarily, solve your problem but is worth a try - please enter it exactly as shown..

Another point :
The miniroute installer uses the default MSTS installation to obtain the main 'sim' files.  If that installation is not updated to include the v1.4 update from Steam4Me AND the Bin Patch, your NWC2 installation won't either. If that is true for your installation, you need to apply both to the NWC2 miniroute installation.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Fri 01 Sep 2023, 9:51 pm

You have now made no mention of the Kuju video.
Does that now not appear. ?

To help MSTS run better, add the following into the box below the long box ('Filter options for Train.exe') :
-mem:2048 \nofiltercab:1
This won't, necessarily, solve your problem but is worth a try - please enter it exactly as shown..

Another point :
The miniroute installer uses the default MSTS installation to obtain the main 'sim' files.  If that installation is not updated to include the v1.4 update from Steam4Me AND the Bin Patch, your NWC2 installation won't either. If that is true for your installation, you need to apply both to the NWC2 miniroute installation.

Cheers,
Ged

Hello again, MSTS? KUJU Screen still starting when opening. your updates the v1.4 update from Steam4Me AND the Bin Patch, are already the latest versions.

Cannot find where to Install this:- -mem:2048 \nofiltercab:1.

Will have to catch you tomorrow, have to go and pick up my Daughter..

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 01 Sep 2023, 10:21 pm

Hi Paul,
Cannot find where to Install this:- -mem:2048 \nofiltercab:1.
You don't install it, you type it into the box I indicated!!

I have found installation of those routes issued as a mini route controlled by Mini Loader to be pretty much foolproof.
That is always assuming that the default MSTS installation is working properly.  To that end, can you run your default MSTS installation without ANY problem?

If you can, and as you say you STILL see the Kuju video, sorry, but I can't think of anything else to suggest.
Maybe somebody else can pick it up and find out what's wrong with your setup because I'm sure there's something amiss!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sat 02 Sep 2023, 8:35 am

Having entered your -mem:2048 \nofiltercab:1 nothing Is working at all now.

I am starting a new fresh NWC MiniRoute.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 02 Sep 2023, 11:05 am

Hi Paul,
I hope you deleted the previous nwc2_MiniRoute folder and the shortcut!

There's nothing wrong with that filter entry - It's present in all my regular Mini-Loader run miniroutes including some I put together myself !  If you entered it exactly as shown, it should not have stopped your MSTS from working.

You didn't answer the question - does your default installation run correctly?  If not, you MUST put it right before installing NWC2.

By the way - UKTS is still up and running so if there's anything you want to download, get over there pronto!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 10:02 am

Hello Ged, thanks for the help so far.

I think I might be throwing a spanner In the works here. I'm Guessing there's something In your Computer that's not present In mine.

I find It Strange that Running NWC V.1 as a Normal Route In MSTS will only work In explore Mode but not with any of the Activities and likewise with Version 2 as a MiniRoute but unable to comment because Explore Mode Is not available in the MiniRoute.

I have In the past mentioned that I have not used TrainStore for some Years, Is it possible to reinstall Trainstore at this late stage?

I seem to remember It had Section for checking Rolling Stock Content.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 11:23 am

Hi Paul,
It is very unlikely that I have something in my PC that you don't have in yours which can affect the way that MSTS runs.

You now say that with NWC v1 you can only run in Explore mode, YET, a week or so ago, you actually ran an activity because the AI train was coming towards you!!
Therefore, it is definitely something you have done to MSTS which has stopped that route from running activities - at present, I have no idea what it can be!!

The Mini-Loader does not have a facility to run in Explore mode, however, if you select an activity, when MSTS starts you can select Explore or the activity.

I suggest you DO NOT try TrainStore otherwise you could get yourself into even more trouble!!

As you installed NWC v1 and v2 from their installers, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 12:00 pm

Hello Ged,

I read the following item this Morning from Clive Heard (Casperdog's) Tutorial

This is a basic description of how he re-installed MSTS onto W7 ( I guess Windows 10 would be basically the same).

4. Delete the start up “mpeg”. He considers that this is very important as it appears to affect the keyboard operation in W7 for some reason.

And by the look of It likewise In Windows 10.

As I have already stated In previous Posts "there is no start up “mpeg” In the NWC Route Folder because I have already removed It.

However, As I have also said the MSTS/KUJU Screen is still present at Startup?

I have tried a couple of times to Reinstall the NWC Route but cannot get the keyboard to work, as mentioned above.

I'm guessing this Is where the Problem lies but don't have a clue as to what to do with it.

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 1:40 pm

Hi Paul,
Regarding your quote from Clive, it's what I've been telling you!!

Secondly, you say you can't see startup.mpg in your GLOBAL folder, but you DO see the Kuju video.  That. mate, is just impossible!! If the file's not there, how on earth can it play??  Computers aren't clever enough to read files that aren't there!  Conversely, if the file is there, it will play it. The only way that I can see this scenario occurring is if you have, however unlikely, hidden the startup.mpg file.  In case this is what happened, I suggest that you open the GLOBAL folder in Windows Explorer; at the top left of the screen, left-click 'View' then, at the top right of the screen, find the box "Hidden Items"; if that box does NOT have a tick in it, left-click it to make a tick appear.  NOW, have a look in the GLOBAL folder.  Do you now see startup.mpg??   If NOT, that is not the reason you can't see the file, therefore, the only alternative I can think of is that it's you who are looking in the wrong place.  

Does your keyboard work OK when using other programs, like NotePad? If not, you've got a much bigger problem!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisat Sun 03 Sep 2023, 2:26 pm

Hi,

I've been following this problem with interest. This morning I decided to try and wake up my MSTS installation. To my surprise, the KUJU video leapt into life. I thought I'd removed / renamed this long, long ago. I searched without success for any sign of Startup.mpg - nowhere to be found! Now I'm puzzled - I was an IT person for practically my whole working life - 40 years. What's going on? Have I caught the same bug as Paul? I'm going to research this a bit more thoroughly when I've got time between draining and cleaning radiators and fitting new valves!

Dennis

dennisat

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 2:50 pm

Hi Dennis, thanks for the reply.

Don't wish the problem on you!!! but glad someone else can see It.

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 2:52 pm

Hi Dennis,
Many thanks for your message Smile
It got me looking in a slightly different direction, and I THINK I've found the answer!

If the default MSTS installation contains startup.mpg,  every other installation will display the Kuju video, irrespective of whether its own startup.mpg is missing or renamed.

I never see that problem because my default MSTS was set up by following the Steam4Me tutorial which included the v1.4 update, Bin Patch and a renamed startup.mpg.  The result is that all installations derived from the default have a disabled startup.mpg file.

My apologies to Paul  Embarassed
Please look in your default MSTS installation and delete or rename startup.mpg.
I still don't know if this will solve your keyboard problem, but it's certainly worth a try.

I wonder if any other files from the default installation are used in other installations?   If so, it might be the answer to a problem reported by another user.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 3:12 pm

Hello again Ged.

Although UKTrainsim appears to be Open, It's not allowing any Downloads.

Have been trying to replace my Hollyrood britannias with no luck.
Have Just downloaded Dennis's Steam for me Tutorial for Windows 10 . Given how long wev'e been at this a complete reinstallation of MSTS might be the better option.

Also how long Is this Page One?

Thanks

paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 3:28 pm

Hi Paul,
You do not need to re-install anything!

PLEASE look in your default MSTS installation's GLOBAL folder.  If it contains startup.mpg, delete it.

UKTS DOES still allow downloads - I've just got the latest from 'lather' this afternoon!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 4:45 pm

Hello again Ged, Have been trying to Download this all day

"UKTS_14693_70000_Britannia_V.2.0" All I keep getting is "Couldn't download Network Issue"

I guess this Is why.

Because UKTS Is supposed to be closing down I didn't renew My Premium membership, because they were supposed to be closing down a couple of days after my membership expired.

It's only £2:50 for a Month which I was willing to Pay but their not Accepting my Membership renewal. So I no longer have a Premium Download speed.

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 5:00 pm

Hello Ged, Back to NWC V2 again!

Now at the stage where I am sat In Chester Station waiting to go, Station Boxes Are now Displaying, Get the Whistle to go, Right of Way Driver! and as soon as I press a key on the Keyboard to try and move the whole thing hangs Up and the only way to get rid of the screen Is to press Ctrl, Alt & Delete.

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 03 Sep 2023, 5:40 pm

Hi Ged & Paul,

It's just a thought but is there a problem with the Britannia .eng or consist file? I seem to remember that I have had a similar problem in the past were there was a missing ")" or something similar.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Tary5 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 5:57 pm

Hi Stephen

Were you perhaps thinking of this post from UKTS:-

"Typo error found in 70054.eng file. First sound line reads

Sound ( "..\\..\\common.sound\\2cyl_generic\\2c-100c-7MT-engpas01.sms.sms" )

I am fairly sure this line should read

Sound ( "..\\..\\common.sound\\2cyl_generic\\2c-100c-7MT-engpas01.sms" )

This cured an error message when loading Bristol Brittannia activity on the Bristol to Birmingham Route.

I hope this helps anyone coming across the same problem"

Differnt loco so probobly will not help Paul

Cheers

TW

Tary5

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 6:19 pm

Hi All,
@Paul :  I've just successfully downloaded file 14693, so it's not a problem with the site.
BUT, why are you trying to get that one when NWC v1 and NWC v2 have their own 70000 Britannia loco?
Can I now assume that you no longer see the Kuju video?

@ Terry & Stephen : Thank you Smile  The loco Paul mentioned is an older one which uses the Flying Scotsman sounds. Have just successfully run it.
The one he should be using is in NWC v1 or NWC v2 - it doesn't use an aliased sound line, just its own SOUND folder.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 7:15 pm

Hi Ged, KUJU Video has finally Gone! But the Activity Is still not running correctly.

Was trying to replace Britannia 7000 V.2 for my own use but guess it's not to be. Have managed to mislay my Version.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 8:22 pm

Hi Paul,
Mislaid your version of what??

What, EXACTLY, do you mean that the activity is not running correctly?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 9:11 pm

Hi Ged,, Your going to get fed up with me.

As said, At Chester Station, Departure time Comes, Get whistle and Clear to proceed but Train will not move, no keyboard response and activity hangs up.

Somebody mentioned Keyboard problem. But I am using a Microsoft Keyboard and as Iv'e been typing with It all Day, I assume the Keyboard Isn't the problem?

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Sep 2023, 9:34 pm

Hi Paul,
Sorry, I don't understand - "Activity hangs up".

If you don't do anything while the train was sitting there,  the activity will just keep running and you'll see the various AI trains passing by.

If you've been using the keyboard all day with other programs, without any problem, that's unlikely to be the cause of your problems.

I've got a number of questions to ask, but it depends on which version of NWC you are running.
Are you running NWC v1 as a 'normal' MSTS route or NWC v2 with the Mini-Loader?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Sun 03 Sep 2023, 10:35 pm

Hello again.

I currently Have NWC V.1 Installed IN MSTS. And have NWC V.2 Installed as A MiniRoute in Drive C: And am currently concentrating on getting The MiniRoute Working Properly so I don't have to have Two Versions on My Computer

However, their is a Difference Between the ynysmonexpress activity In both Versions, If I can explain briefly.

In Version 1 The activity starts outside Chester Station with nothing being displayed In the Station Boxes and Can only Explore because nothing Is Displayed.

In Version 2. The activity Starts at the Platform at Chester Station with the Station boxes Functioning as an Activity, with next Station Viewable.

As said earlier, Departure Time arrives, get Whistle sound And Clear to Proceed sound , and as said when trying to operate Keyboard Activity crashes.

Again, hope this makes some sort of sense.

Regards

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 04 Sep 2023, 10:53 am

Hi All,

That might have been what I was thinking about but I was using that as an example of how accurate typing has to be to ensure that everything runs as it should. As Ged has said the keyboard is unlikely to be the problem.

Would uploading a copy of your Britannia file help solve your problem? - I'll leave that for the more experienced people to decide. If uploaded I'll certainly have a look and see if I can spot something that others have missed.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Mon 04 Sep 2023, 11:08 am

Hi Stephen, Thanks for that .

Downloaded the Holbeck_Britannias yesterday, will certainly give It a try.

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 11:15 am

Hi Paul,
That is just not so!!
I have just started the nwce activity in both v1 and v2.  Both start with the train standing at Chester platform.  This is not surprising because they are the same activity!

I suggest that. when you started v1, you either selected the wrong activity or, more likely, you selected 'Explore' on the MSTS screen, which explains why you see nothing in the list of stations box.

When you run v2 and select the nwce activity, MSTS starts.  In its main screen, you've got a choice of Explore Route or the North Wales Coast Express activity. If you select 'Explore Route', do your keys work OK?
If not then there was probably a problem with the installation of the route and the key definitions were not copied from the default installation.

With respect, Stephen, changing the loco wouldn't help at all because there's nothing wrong with the one supplied with the routes.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Please, Paul, DO NOT try any other loco - there's absolutely nothing wrong with the one supplied with the route.  THAT is NOT the cause of your problem.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Mon 04 Sep 2023, 12:22 pm

Hi Ged and Stephen.

Sorry, Too late, Changed Holbeck Loco for same Holbeck loco but no change.

Loco will still not move, no harm done I think.

Just an addition, although the station boxes are now working, the driving controls are not displaying, i.e the A, S, W. D movement controls are not displaying.

If this makes sense?
Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 1:21 pm

Hi Paul,
The station list is now showing because you're running an activity and not using Explore mode !!

When you say : the driving controls are not displaying, i.e the A, S, W. D movement controls are not displaying.
even though they are not displaying, are they working??

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Mon 04 Sep 2023, 2:00 pm

Hi Ged, no they re not responding at all.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 2:30 pm

Hi Paul,
Thanks.
I know you're referring to the NWC v2 miniroute, but I'd like you to check something else.

Can you please run any route in Explore mode in your default MSTS installation and tell me if the controls work OK.

I'm asking this because, when you set up NWC v2, it used files from your default MSTS installation.  If any of those files are missing, or faulty, the miniroute won't work properly.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Mon 04 Sep 2023, 4:08 pm

Hi Ged, Just spent 30 minutes trying to get back into TSSH but It seems to have settled now.

Have Just tried Dorset Coast In Explore mode Everythings Working Fine.

Not sure It's worth a Mention, But between Posts today have also been running Dorset Coast Activity "The Londoner and Dorset Wanderer" also no problems.

Please check your EMails.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 4:15 pm

Hi Paul,
I have replied to your email - I think you'd pressed Caps Lock by mistake (it's very easily done) !

Is your Dorset Coast route in your default installation?  If not please try running a route in your default installation, that is, your originally created installation from the MSTS CDs.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Mon 04 Sep 2023, 4:38 pm

Hello again

Just Tried Default Route Settle -Carsisle starting from Appleby heading towards Carlisle, no problems.

Thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 5:38 pm

Hi Paul,
Sorry to be a little pedantic, I know it's a default route, but is the Settle - Carlisle route you used in your default installation?

The default installation is that created when installing MSTS from its CDs; its address (path) is stored in the Registry and is used by many utilities and add-on installers to find out where MSTS is located.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Mon 04 Sep 2023, 5:48 pm

It look as if we have moved on, but as a check I just searched my computer for files called startup.mpeg. It is still searching but has so far found 8 called startup, 6 called mats_startup and 9 called startup_old.
I thought I had deleted the Kuju startup file but it has crept back in over the years with other routes. Not that I ever see it as I only use OpenRails these days.
But others may well find the same and have the kind of problems discussed above.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Sep 2023, 5:54 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Sorry, mate, but the original file is startup.mpg, NOT startup.mpeg!

If you haven't set Explorer to show the file extensions, you'll not see the '.mpg' or any other extensions.  I strongly recommend that Explorer is set to show extensions (ie file types), especially if you do much 'fiddling' with MSTS/ORTS files!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next