Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future new routes?

4 posters

Go down

Future new routes? Empty Future new routes?

Post  Jonathan David Sun 28 Nov 2021, 5:21 pm

Probably wishful thinking but is anyone building new routes these days?
If they are, here are a few suggestions:
Chester to Newport (a busy through route with a variety of traffic)
Abergavenny to Merthyr (ex LNWR for the most part) (local passenger services and lots of coal, many connections to other lines such as the Sirhowy)
Pontypool Road to Neath (very busy with freight, mineral and through passenger trains, a great number of connections to Valleys lines, Crumlin Viaduct)
Aberystwyth to Carmarthen (a nice rural route with an interesting history - what was built of the Manchester & Milford)
Rugby to Birmingham NS (ideally added to an existing route such as Thames-Mersey; it is very odd that it has never been included in any of the routes which include Birmingham)
Liverpool Street to Kings Lynn (there was a part built route of some of the line but I don't think it ever got any scenery)
The Midland & Great Northern Joint Railway
Parts of the NER such as the Londonderry Railway, the Blyth & Tyne etc, or Newcastle to Carlisle (lots of history, distinctive locos and rolling stock, plenty of traffic)
The Central Wales Line, Shrewsbury to Llanelly/Swansea
I am sure that others who frequent this site will have other suggestions. But I am afraid that I am not capable of route building - I did once have a go, without achieving anything, and I have enormous respect for those who do build the routes we enjoy.
Actually, I already have more routes to use than time to use them, so I certainly do not NEED more routes to continue enjoying Open Rails.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Future new routes? Empty Re: Future new routes?

Post  MS302 Mon 29 Nov 2021, 7:26 am

Rugby-New Street has already been done by EB and (in my opinion) like all their other routes did the hobby a great disservice because no one else will produce the routes they have already done.Everyone can see the quality of them and form their own opinion but I know what mine is !
The one I should like to see is the North London line from Acton Wells to Purfleet (including Acton Yard and maybe part of Wembley yard).Plenty of freight traffic and an intensive passenger service.
Liverpool Street-Kings Lynn could be interesting if set in the steam era,but these days the freight traffic (if any) is a shadow of its former self.Maybe the early/mid 60s era with the first diesels.

MS302

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 29 Nov 2021, 10:40 am

Abergavenny to Merthyr would be great, especially if connected to the Brecon and Merthyr up and over 7 mile bank through Torpantau. Never happen though.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Mon 29 Nov 2021, 12:12 pm

I notice from a recent post on UKTS that the Marches line already exists for another trainsim program.
And in response to Neaderthal, I agree, though in the other direction you could quite easily take it all the way to Newport at the other end; a section of the Rhymney needed, and the Golden Mile near Newport, plus Newport station. Merthyr gets a bit messy though.
I didn't include the South Wales valleys lines in my list because most of them have so many junctions that it would be a lot of work to create them and it might well overtax the capacity of the program.
You can tell from my moniker on RMWeb (corneliuslundie) where my sympathies lie.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe Tue 30 Nov 2021, 11:52 am

Not a new route per se, but I'm doing a general upgrade to NWE, mainly focussing on scenery updates to the original V1 area.
Mainly doing this for my own benefit, but contemplating on releasing if there's enough interest.
T

terrycunliffe

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down