Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

error code 76 in RR

4 posters

Go down

error code 76 in RR Empty error code 76 in RR

Post  bigant Wed 28 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm

It works fine in editor mode, but dosent show, when I try to run the sim in explore mode. I have reset all the activites to .act instead of .off.
I noticed a post saying that java might be to blame? any help please. I'm running win7 and have my route as 1msts
Don
bigant
bigant

Back to top Go down

error code 76 in RR Empty Re: error code 76 in RR

Post  slipperman12 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm

Hi Don,
Long time. no hear!! Hope you're keeping well - and how's the new route coming along? Smile

For Route-Riter Error 76, see this thread for an answer from Mike Simpson : http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?294904-Route-Riter-Runtime-Error-76/page2

However, I'm a little confused by your post!! It appears that you are trying to use Route Riter with a Mini-Route (maybe MEP+?). In which case, the above link indicates that Route Riter is probably not correctly pointing to the Mini-Route. Although some Route-Riter errors are due to Java not being found, I don't think this is one of them.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Wed 28 Jan 2015, 7:19 pm

In Steam4me HERE, about 2nd point down Error Code 76 is indicated to be a registry error and gives a possible solution. However I suspect that Ged's answer is the correct one.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  bigant Thu 29 Jan 2015, 10:54 am

Hi Ged and Alex
Thanks for your replies

The route is an extension of my Burton Derby route, its been extended to Stoke, Macclesfield and includes the old Notts Victoria to Derby Friargate line, so goes just past Nottingham.
Its progressing slowly, still a lot of scenery wanted, I've also got north as far as Clay Cross. Its not a mini route, but I did install one which somehow affected it.
The error says java not found, and acet also, they are both in there somewhere, I've copied the acet exe file to to x86 part of program files, which seems to have made it happy, regarding
acet, but it has a problem with java still, is it something to do with the version of Java, and if so how do I correct it.
Many thanks
Don
bigant
bigant

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Thu 29 Jan 2015, 2:10 pm

Don
Have you recently installed the latest Java 8 Update 31? If so it may be that you haven't got the folder Classes - this is necessary for Route Riter to run. It's highly likely that if you have then you should be able to find this folder in a previous Java version - likely to be 7 - and you can then copy it into the latest version. It's what I had to do when Java updated recently to 8 Update 31!

Hope that helps.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  bigant Thu 29 Jan 2015, 5:36 pm

Hi Alec
Yes I had, I've taken all java 8 out and installed java 7 ver45 , but not sure whether java installed properly, because I got rid of the 4 or 5 other files it installs.
, why can't they let you decide which ones you want.  Whereabouts do I look to determine whether its installed right, putting me off using computers.
Thanks for your help
Don
bigant
bigant

Back to top Go down

Post  sbowness Thu 29 Jan 2015, 5:42 pm

Hi Don

If you take a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java you should see only one folder in there with whichever version of Java you're trying to install (currently jre1.8.0_31). If you have others (as I did when I first tried to install RR) then check to see what is in the other folders. If it is just the Classes folder, copy it to the correct folder (the current version) and then you can safely delete the older folder. If there is a lot more in there (like the program itself) then you'll need to uninstall the previous versions. Java have got quite sloppy recently when it comes to removing old versions, particularly in the move from 7 to 8.

Cheers

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  bigant Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:41 am

Thanks Stephen, I'll have a look
Don
bigant
bigant

Back to top Go down

Post  bigant Thu 05 Feb 2015, 3:47 pm

Seems to be working ok now, it appears to be when I installed a mini route it turned everything ( paths, services, activities) off, so by putting the route in the mini route
folder, and using trainstore all working fine, although RR cannot still find java!!!!!

Don
bigant
bigant

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 05 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm

Hi Don,
You must have the 32-bit version of Java installed to keep Route-Riter happy, even if you're running a 64-bit Operating System.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  bigant Fri 06 Feb 2015, 3:34 pm

Yes I think you're right Ged, I can live with it Laughing

Cheers
Don
bigant
bigant

Back to top Go down