Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Railway Routes and other MSTS Routes

+6
slipperman12
andrew moody
dforrest
steamnut44
Markh5682
rufuskins
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Indian Railway Routes and other MSTS Routes - Page 2 Empty Re: Indian Railway Routes and other MSTS Routes

Post  Markh5682 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 1:31 pm

I have just googled free viewer and it seems that there is malware associated with it, here is a C&P from the site with instructions on how to remove it.

How do I remove Free File Viewer 2014?

You can uninstall Free File Viewer 2014 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
When you find the program Free File Viewer 2014, click it, and then do one of the following:
Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Free File Viewer 2014.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.

Scan your PC for malware

There is also a 2012 version which can be uninstalled in exactly the same way

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Indian Railway Routes and other MSTS Routes - Page 2 Empty Re: Indian Railway Routes and other MSTS Routes

Post  35005CP Fri 28 Nov 2014, 1:54 pm

Hi Andy & Mark,
As an addition to Marks post, if you click on the dropdown box for Other Programs, you will see more applications to choose from. As an addition to Mark's recent post, it is a good idea for everyone to download this very useful tool from here; https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/
This tool does a lot to protect you from Anti-Malware (Even the free version) Very Happy
Cheers
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 2:22 pm

I have the premium version of malwarebytes, it does fairly regular scans in the background, and has real time protection.

Another way to do it is to click on start/all programs/accessories/notepad, then open the file from within notepad.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 2:27 pm

Hi Mark,
Free File Viewer seems to be a very useful piece of software.
It looks as if there are a couple of reasons it's been identified as malware. One is the way it works - any file you have on your PC which doesn't already have an associated program, and which is recognised, will, automatically, be set up to be opened with Free File Viewer. I don't know if this action is optional, but if anyone wants to know, I'll be willing to test it.
The other is that when running the installer, several other programs will be installed automatically; this can be avoided by checking every screen very carefully and removing the ticks from any boxes which don't specifically refer to Free File Viewer.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 28 Nov 2014, 4:37 pm

Hi Guys.
Thanks for your advice which I will have a go at this evening, but just one thing, if I uninstall freeview , will this restore my standard OPEN WITH
section to use again. Bearing in mind that it is either disabled or the contents have been removed/transferred? to freeviewer.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm

Once it is uninstalled the files will no longer open with it, so you can assign a program as shown in my tutorial. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:21 pm

Well I have had a degree of succsess! Freeviewer was not shown in my main uninstall program, then I remembered installing the CD for my Camcorder.
I uninstalled this, resulting that I have notepad and wordpad working allowing me to change the offending SD file. There is also the choose default program
however this does not work
This file does not have a Program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed,create an association in the
Default Programs control panel.
I have been able to download the Illawarra route but at the moment it "crashes" back to desktop could be the consist is not right.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:55 pm

I'm trying to download the Australian route Coals to Newcastle from the Coals to Newcastle website but cannot. Has anyone else succeed?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sun 07 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm

Hi David.

Are you using a download manager? steam 4 me doesn't like them, maybe coals to Newcastle doesn't either, try disabling the download manager (if you have one) then try it again using the default browser downloader.

It's a long time since I downloaded it, but had no problems.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 2:57 pm

That is not the problem. I can download other, smaller, files from the site.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 07 Dec 2014, 7:10 pm

Hi David,
I don't use a download manager and can't get that file - well, to be honest, a file of 212 bytes is downloaded!!  I have reported it.
The patch downloads without any problem.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : I have found out that the file contains the following :

Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 138866688 bytes) in /home/coalston/application/Frontend/Download/Action/Download.php on line 42
so it seems like a problem their end!

Last edited by slipperman12 on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Sun 07 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm

Hi David.

I just tried and they won't download for me either.  Probably best to report it using the Contact form on the website.

Regards.

Bob.

(Ged beat me to it!)

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:31 am

Hi Gentlemen,
Peter has corrected the problem and the Coals to Newcastle route can now be downloaded successfully Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:52 am

Thank you Ged on behalf of everyone - if I may be so presumptuous!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 12:27 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Gentlemen,
Peter has corrected the problem and the Coals to Newcastle route can now be downloaded successfully Smile

Cheers,
Ged

I agree!

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2