Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring Consists From Mini Routes To MSTS

2 posters

Go down

Transferring Consists From Mini Routes To MSTS Empty Transferring Consists From Mini Routes To MSTS

Post  OldVern Mon 03 Feb 2020, 6:10 pm

I've just discovered the power of the OR Timetable Editor and thoughts are turning to setting up a day's timetable on some of my old routes. However the interesting routes with decent stock and loco assets - NWC and MEP are installed as mini routes. I know it would be possible to transfer consists and the required stock plus any common files individually but I'm bound to miss something. So just wondering if there is any utility or quick and easy method of doing this.

I suppose the alternative would be to install or copy my route across from MSTS into the mini route and do the timetable generation there. However I can see a merry mess ensuing if I eventually upload the timetable file for community use!

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Transferring Consists From Mini Routes To MSTS Empty Re: Transferring Consists From Mini Routes To MSTS

Post  slipperman12 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 6:35 pm

Hi Vern,
Sorry, but I don't see the problem!
I assume you want to use MEP, NWC, or whatever mini-route, with ConBuilder or Route_Riter to create the consists. If I am correct, you can use my utility MSTS_Swap to run CB and/or R_R on any MSTS installation. If used for mini-routes, you must, first of all, use the "Unstore All" button , followed by "QUIT" on the Mini_Loader screen. A similar procedure applies if TrainStore is used instead of Mini_Loader.

Please come back if you require further information Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Transferring Consists From Mini Routes To MSTS Empty Re: Transferring Consists From Mini Routes To MSTS

Post  OldVern Mon 03 Feb 2020, 6:53 pm

Ged - I want to use stock from NWC which is in its mini route to form services on my Far North and West Highland routes which are in the default MSTS install.

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:29 pm

Hi Vern,
Ah! - I understand Smile
If such a utility existed, it would need to be 'told' which stock from the source installation is to be used in the target installation, which would make it no more foolproof than just copying all the required stock from source to target installations!
The most foolproof way would be to copy all the folders from the source installation's TRAINSET folder into the target installation's TRAINSET folder, allowing overwrites.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  OldVern Tue 04 Feb 2020, 8:04 am

Thanks Ged.

Edit: Decided to use assets from the ELR pack instead! Not strictly accurate but better than testing with the default Class 50!!

OldVern

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down