Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making an Activity for a Mini Route - Help Please!

3 posters

Go down

Making an Activity for a Mini Route - Help Please! Empty Making an Activity for a Mini Route - Help Please!

Post  steamnut44 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:29 pm

I have several Mini Routes loaded, SCP, SDJ & Mid East Plus (which has it's own tools, RE & AE included). my SCP & SDJ hasn't got the tools included. How can you make an activity for these routes, outside of the main MSTS install?
I have copied the SCP Route & Trains folders from my SCP Mini Route, into the Routes & Trains folder of my main MSTS install, which allows  me to run SCP like any other route and use the RE & AE tools. After doing this, all the Consists, Services, Paths, & Traffic files from the copied SCP Mini Route have to be changed, as they all show off, once they have been copied over from the Mini Route. This means, deleting off for each entry and changing each entry, to con, srv, pat & trf  respectively, which is very time consuming. Once this is done, I can make an activity for SCP. Is there an easier way round this, so I can make an activity from within the Mini Route install?
Sorry it's a bit long winded, explaining this, but I couldn't fathom any other way, to make an activity for routes installed as Mini Routes (except of course Mid East Plus which has it's own set of Editing tools) Is it possible to put the Editing Tools into each Mini Route, like Mid East Plus has?

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Making an Activity for a Mini Route - Help Please! Empty Re: Making an Activity for a Mini Route - Help Please!

Post  slipperman12 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:39 pm

Hi Geoff,
If you want to transfer files from a Mini-Route into a 'normal' MSTS installation, you must first of all run the Mini-Route Loader and click on the "Unstore ALL" button; this will revert all the .off file types to their original types.  Then click the Quit button.

You can run the editors for any Mini-Route by copying the Desktop icon, then right-click in the new copy.  Select Properties and on the Target line add -toolset after train.exe" so that it looks like ".....\Train Simulator\train.exe" -toolset.  Note there is one space between .exe" and -toolset.  Finally, rename the icon as appropriate.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Making an Activity for a Mini Route - Help Please! Empty Re: Making an Activity for a Mini Route - Help Please!

Post  steamnut44 Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:31 am

Thank you Ged, I thought there might be a way of doing this. I will follow your instructions. Very Happy

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 09 Oct 2014, 10:13 am

Hi Geoff,
Sorry, I missed this - If you want to create an activity in a Mini-Route, you MUST first run "Unstore ALL" in the Mini-Route Loader.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 Thu 09 Oct 2014, 10:20 am

Ok Ged, thank you for that. I thought I might have to anyway.

Geoff  
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  mendes Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:10 am

steamnut44 wrote:I have several Mini Routes loaded, SCP, SDJ & Mid East Plus (which has it's own tools, RE & AE included). my SCP & SDJ hasn't got the tools included. How can you make an activity for these routes, outside of the main MSTS install?
I have copied the SCP Route & Trains folders from my SCP Mini Route, into the Routes & Trains folder of my main MSTS install, which allows  me to run SCP like any other route and use the RE & AE tools. After doing this, all the Consists, Services, Paths, & Traffic files from the copied SCP Mini Route have to be changed, as they all show off, once they have been copied over from the Mini Route. This means, deleting off for each entry and changing each entry, to con, srv, pat & trf  respectively, which is very time consuming. Once this is done, I can make an activity for SCP. Is there an easier way round this, so I can make an activity from within the Mini Route install?
Sorry it's a bit long winded, explaining this, but I couldn't fathom any other way, to make an activity for routes installed as Mini Routes (except of course Mid East Plus which has it's own set of Editing tools) Is it possible to put the Editing Tools into each Mini Route, like Mid East Plus has?

All you needed to do was create a shortcut in the program menu for the mini route which is exactly what has been done for MEP. If you press start and go to All Programs you can select the folder where the start for the mini route is held and open it. Just copy what they have done with the MEP for the SDJR and any other mini routes.

mendes
mendes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down