Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RouteRiter Installation

2 posters

Go down

RouteRiter Installation Empty RouteRiter Installation

Post  peacockg Sun 21 Jul 2024, 4:20 pm

I have just installed RouteRiter 7.6 on my new Windows 11 computer.
I have a problem with making ace files.

The error message is:
An error Permission denied occurred in subroutine "MakeACEFile" please advise.
Support with details of operation being processed.

AceIt.exe and TGATool2A.exe are in the same folder as Route_Riter.exe

There is a shortcut to AceIt on the desktop, and I can run the program from this. Unfortunately this has a serious problem. The ace file it creates is not from the bmp file I select! Not good when a factory sign is covered in a stone wall texture.

Any help would be appreciated
Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

RouteRiter Installation Empty Re: RouteRiter Installation

Post  slipperman12 Sun 21 Jul 2024, 5:54 pm

Hi Garry,
Have you set the .exe files for AceIt, TGATool2A and Route_Riter to be all set to "Run this program as an administrator" (from their respective Properties screen)?  This creates a permanent setting in the Registry which is not the same as right-clicking the .exe file and selecting "Run as administrator" which is only a one-time change.

Also, none of the programs should be in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) or any of the other Windows-created folders on Drive C:

I can't help with the wrong .bmp file selection, but there must be a very simple explanation because computers, even those using Windows 11, will only process data they are presented with  Smile

Caveat : I do not run Windows 11 but as far as I know, it operates very similarly to Windows 10.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Mon 22 Jul 2024, 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply Ged.
I have Route Riter installed on my E drive, so this should be ok. I have just checked my old windows 10 computer and everything is set up the same on both, including the version of java and its location.
I have changed the Properties/Compatibility to Run as Administrator for AceIt RR and TGA with partial success.

RR still throws up the error, but AceIt has converted my .bmp to a .ace file which shows up fine in TSRE.

I have no problem now. I will use AceIt to convert my graphics and ignore RR for this.

Thanks
Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 22 Jul 2024, 5:47 pm

Hi Garry,
Make sure that the Route_Riter folder contains two empty folders named TempFiles and TempFiles2.
This is necessary because, as installed, R_R 'looks' for those folders in one of Windows's 'private' folders on drive C: which are protected in Win 10 and, I suspect, Win 11.

I appreciate that you may have already created those folders but it's all I can come up with at the moment Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Thu 25 Jul 2024, 4:09 pm

Hi Ged
Thanks for the reply.
Yes my RR folder does have both Temp and Temp2 folders.

My other thought is Java? My installation is C:ProgramFiles(x86)/Java/jre1.8.0_181
I have copied the classes folder as instructed, but it does say to install java in c:\program files\Java\jre7
Could this be a problem?

If you are happy with the java I will continue using AceIt to make my texture files

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 25 Jul 2024, 4:32 pm

Hi Garry,
Java should be OK. The only differences I have are in the version and location of Java - Program Files/java/jre1.8.0_361 because I am using the 64bit version. Program Files (x86) is for the 32bit version.
The actual path to Java should be set within Windows and if R_R doesn't tell you it can't find Java, then it's OK.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down