Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching for a cabview

4 posters

Go down

Searching for a cabview Empty Searching for a cabview

Post  neanderthal Sat 03 Feb 2024, 7:06 pm

Searching for a cabview Railwa10

So here I am again, a strange loco RhB414-AGE6/61. Can anyone point me at a Cabview  please, (And how to alter it) It's running at present with the Acela Cab,which obviously doesn't seem right,TIA Neanderthal

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Searching for a cabview Empty Re: Searching for a cabview

Post  slipperman12 Sat 03 Feb 2024, 9:02 pm

Hi Roger,
Checking various sources, including the Wayback Machine, it appears that this loco is known as a Krokodil (Crocodile)
MadMike created a cabview for it - although the file is named acela.cvf, it uses its own textures - I haven't run it.

PLEASE NOTE - before continuing, below, make sure you're logged in to thetrain.de
If you're not already a member, I recommend you register because a lot of European stock is available (it's free!).

Go to https://the-train.de/downloads/entry/3880-sbb-ce-6-8/ where you'll see this on the screen :
Searching for a cabview Krokod10
Click on the actual cabview window to download it.
To download the sounds, click on 'Wespe'  (these appear to use the cab sounds from the default HHP but its own external sounds)
If you want to download the loco, click on Ce68_10.zip at the bottom of the screenshot.

RhB 414 is also available from thetrain.de and its information screen refers to the above cabview.

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Correction. DO NOT download the Ce68_10.zip but Be68.zip instead - perform a search for it on thetrain.de. It uses the same cabview and sounds.
I have installed RhB 414 with this cabview and sounds. The only problem is that the 'bonnet', as seen through the front window of the cab, is the wrong colour - if one with a brown bonnet is not available, would need to edit the texture!

EDIT-2 : I've found file SBB_Krokodil_VL_102.exe which I downloaded in 2015, from www.bb25187.eu, and it appears to contain brown and green bonnet cabviews
The original site is still 'live' and this pack can be found at the bottom of this page : http://www.bb25187.eu/NEW_BB25187-MSTS-ORTS-MatRoulant.html
I HAVE NOT checked to see if they work/look better!!

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 04 Feb 2024, 11:16 am

Hi Roger,
Thought you might like to see the cabview of the Krokodil loco :
Searching for a cabview Krokod11
This is from the SBB_Krokodil_VL_102.exe download but it should be possible to use the cabview with the loco in your screenshots.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  peacockg Sun 04 Feb 2024, 2:43 pm

You can find locos and more on Mad Mike's site

http://mikemad.de/msts.html

I have not tried to download from there

Garry
peacockg
peacockg

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 04 Feb 2024, 3:10 pm

Hi Garry,
Thanks for that! When I tried last night, the site came back as Error 404!
I've successfully downloaded the two Krokodil locos, although they appear to be identical to those available from theTrain.de

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 04 Feb 2024, 9:19 pm

Hello Ged, Thanks for the info, but try as I may I cannot get onto that site,I fill in the info they ask for and submit it, they then say I will get an Email, but haven't as yet.
Searching for a cabview 411
I also went onto Mad Mikes Site, but then realised that as I don't have Route Riter, nor Conbuilder (come to that) I would be wasting my time anyway.  floging a dead horse
Sorry to have put you to so much trouble, as you can now see I've copied the Croc over from my Glacier Express Disc it runs quite nicely which came as a big surprise
as the Glacier Express CD doesn't seem to work in O.R.
So even though I cannot make a fully Passenger Consist at least I'm now able to run the Route in a Croc lol!

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 04 Feb 2024, 10:49 pm

Hi Roger,
Which site can't you get on to?  if it's thetrain.de then maybe the registration procedure has changed - I've been a member for years!

You don't need Route_Riter for creating consists!
TSRE5 has its own Consist Editor - look in the main TSRE5 folder where you should find ConsistEditor.bat - just double-click it.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Searching for a cabview Empty Crocs

Post  neanderthal Mon 05 Feb 2024, 9:22 am

Searching for a cabview Open_r21

Now I'm well chuffed, thank you Ged job done.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Mon 05 Feb 2024, 9:53 am

Nice stuff Roger!

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  tonya37 Mon 05 Feb 2024, 9:56 am

[pressed the Send Button by mistake, so to continue:]

I remember years ago Marklin produced a nice looking Krokodil. My trainset was Hornby Dublo, though.

Regards

Tony

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down