Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Questions for TSSH Please?

3 posters

Go down

2 Questions for TSSH Please? Empty 2 Questions for TSSH Please?

Post  pcohen Tue 05 Sep 2023, 3:07 pm

Hello Everybody.

Being a recent New addition to TSSH I still have a couple of Questions please?

1. Are their any plans to start a PM (Personal Message) section please.

2. Is there anybody within the community planning on doing any Repaints Please? Would dearly love a "Class 800" In the not so new GWR Livery (As Advertised on the T.V.). Way beyond my capabilities by a long short.

Many thanks

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

2 Questions for TSSH Please? Empty Re: 2 Questions for TSSH Please?

Post  slipperman12 Tue 05 Sep 2023, 4:20 pm

Hi Paul,
TSSH already has a PM system!

Towards the top of the screen, see the line "Home, Calendar...."; further along is 'Messages'. Left-clicking that will take you into the PM system.  If you get one or more PMs from other members, there will be a number beside 'Messages'.

I don't know of a model of the Class 800 being created for MSTS or Open Rails.  A repaint can't be created for a model which doesn't exist!!  Haven't you asked this before?!
A Class 800 in GWR livery is available for TS 2013, but it's not compatible with MSTS/ORTS.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Wed 06 Sep 2023, 12:05 pm

Hi Paul,

As Ged has already addressed your first question fully, I will hit the second question as a modeller.

The IETs (800/801/802/803/805/807/810) would be a great model to have, however I have not been able to find a set of general arrangement diagrams anywhere online, which I kind of need to make the models as good as possible. Whilst I do have a Hornby OO scale LNER 801 Azuma which I can use to get certain details right, having diagrams to work off is a whole lot easier for me. The other thing would be getting the size and angles right.

The biggest hurdle in getting these made after all that would be time, I am (hopefully) a long way off from retirement age so I only have a limited amount of downtime to produce things. As of right now, I have a few hundred files that need to be processed and uploaded to TSSHFH. There is still a large number of former Making Tracks unreleased projects that need seeing to, especially with UKTS closing down, some of these projects will replace lost works. And then there are projects that I would like to tackle myself, fortunately some of what I want to do crosses over with some of the MT projects.

So unless someone wants to pay me to work on these projects fulltime, they will get done when I can get the time together.
Believe me when I say that I would dearly love to go fulltime on MSTS/OR work, but I need to earn money to survive and to pay for things so that I can do the work.

Regards,
Justin

2 Questions for TSSH Please? Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pcohen Wed 06 Sep 2023, 1:04 pm

Hi Justin, apologies for the late reply.

Something that Is way, way beyond my limited Computer knowledge.

Will just keep my fingers crossed and keep hoping.

Regards

Paul.

pcohen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down