Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turntable on Dorset Coast

3 posters

Go down

Turntable on Dorset Coast Empty Turntable on Dorset Coast

Post  coolhand101 Thu 18 May 2023, 4:41 pm

Hi

I never had the real need to use a turntable in OR but the one at Yeovil Junction on Dorset Coast 6 has been on my 'to do' list for quite some time. Can this be a working turntable?, or is it permanently static?

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Turntable on Dorset Coast Empty Re: Turntable on Dorset Coast

Post  cgood124 Thu 18 May 2023, 8:55 pm

Hello Coolhand101,

I have been looking at this with my Wessex Mainlines, i believe that the issue is the lack of shape animation with is part of UKFS, without attempting to backwards engineer UKFS I very much doubt this can be done (unless someone can find a work around).

I can keep looking into it but dont hold your breath.

Cheers

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Thu 18 May 2023, 10:20 pm

Hi Craig

There is document over at UKTS about working turntables for OR( ID 38752). I was certain that members on here or UKTS got the turntables working for UKFS track. Looking at the hierarchy on these models, it looks possible to animate the parts by manually placing animation nodes in the shape file.  I wait for the time being to see if members have indeed got this working!

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 19 May 2023, 1:36 pm

Hi Craig,
It appears that the in-development route MidEast Coast uses several turntables which are included in the Open Rails turntables.dat file.  Following the track section numbers, these are UKFS items.

I suggest a message to Mick Clarke (Systema on UKTS and elvastower.com) could reveal the information you require. Smile

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sun 21 May 2023, 10:45 am

Thanks Ged,

I have left a message so now I await a response, if not I will try an email to him.

I would love to have the turntable at yeovil junction to operate so we can run a steam tour from Westbury (at present) to Weymouth and return with the need of a turn

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sun 21 May 2023, 3:19 pm

Hello all again.

Does anyone have a log in for Elvas Tower website, I do not have access but I have found a possible file for try on Wessex Mainlines

Link is as follows :- http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/2292-ukfs-68ft-turntablereplacement/

Many thanks

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 21 May 2023, 5:59 pm

Hi Craig,
The readme includes the phrase : " This model is freeeware and can be freely distributed, and modified. "

In that spirit, I was going to attach the file here, but am unable to due to "exceeded storage space" although the file is only just over 1MB!

I don't know if I've got your email address, so could you send it to me by PM, please, then I'll get the file to you.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Mon 22 May 2023, 12:25 am

cgood124 wrote:Hello all again.

Does anyone have a log in for Elvas Tower website, I do not have access but I have found a possible file for try on Wessex Mainlines

Link is as follows :- http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/2292-ukfs-68ft-turntablereplacement/

Many thanks

Hi Craig

Excellent find! I was going to dabble on this turntable shortly. The author state some minor issues, so I'm assuming the hierarchy has some joined parts. Once I get it up and running, I will know more!

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Mon 22 May 2023, 12:31 am

It's a new model! All the parts needed for rotation are separate( in shapeviewer). I will get round to install this and find out what the minor issues are.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Mon 22 May 2023, 8:41 am

This will be excellent for both Dorset Coast and Wessex Mainlines, then we can look to see what other routes could use it, this is how MSTS / OR will live on

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Mon 22 May 2023, 8:30 pm

Hello all,

I have tried to have a go with another route (so I dont mess up both mine and Dorset Coast) but I am really struggling despite following the instructions given, anyone else having any joy?

Both mine and Dorset Coast are at the same point so it would be a copy and paste job for ease.

Cheers

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Tue 23 May 2023, 1:33 am

cgood124 wrote:Hello all,

I have tried to have a go with another route (so I dont mess up both mine and Dorset Coast) but I am really struggling despite following the instructions given, anyone else having any joy?

Both mine and Dorset Coast are at the same point so it would be a copy and paste job for ease.

Cheers

Hi Craig.

I will be trying this out later so stay tuned( unless someone beats me to it)!

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Tue 23 May 2023, 3:34 pm

Hi

I now have the turntable at Yeovil Junction operational. A really good experience. The default offsets and diameter in the turntable.dat file appear to be OK and no problems or errors occurred! I like the on-screen confirmations when near and on the turntable.

Thanks to Rick Loader for the turntable and instructions and of course Carlo Santucci for the implementation of turntables for OR.

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Tue 23 May 2023, 10:09 pm

I can also confirm that Dorset Coast now utlises the turntable with help from Coolhand, thankfully Wessex Mainlines V2 is also working with the turntable, so thank you to Slipperman 101 for sending me the file.

This has given me the motivation to carry on with the route (thanksfully not too much left to do).

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhand101 Tue 23 May 2023, 10:17 pm

Hi Craig.

Great news you have a working turntable for Dorset Coast 6 and your Wessex route. Hard to believe this feature was implemented in 2016 and I just got around to using it Shocked

Thanks

coolhand101

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Fri 02 Jun 2023, 7:32 pm

Hello all.

I have spoken to the author of the new UKFS turntable and I have got permission to upload the file, so with that in mind I will upload it as part of Wessex Team’s files, hopefully this will help when v2 of Wessex Mainlines and of course Dorset Coast (for private use at the moment until permission to update from Dave Corfield.

Many thanks

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sat 17 Jun 2023, 7:26 am

Greetings everyone.

Now that the newer UKFS 68ft turntable has been uploaded to TSSH, hopefully this will let people personally enable the turn table in Dorest Coast, the instructions are simple but either me or Coolhand101 will be able to assist you.
With wessex mainlines the hard work will have already been done for you and all you need to do is replace the files in the global shapes folder, open up OR and get spinning. The animation is very smooth and shouldnt have an effect on frame rates.

So please let me or Coolhand101 know if you would like your turnetable in Dorset Coast to be enabled.

Many thanks

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sat 30 Sep 2023, 5:59 pm

Introducing the working turntable in Dorset Coast.

I have uploaded to my section of the drop and awaiting to be put onto the website the very small unoffical patch to get the turntable at Yeovil Junction working.

I have uploaded simple instuctions but I can put it here aswell.

To Install :-

1 :- Please ensure you have downloaded the ukfs_tt_68ft[761].zip and followed those intructions so the .s and .sd files are installed into your Global/Shapes folder.
2 :- Unzip Dorset Coast Turntable.zip.
3 :- Simply Drag the Openrails folder into the Dorset Coast main folder Routes/Dorset
4 :- Run Openrails, choose Dorset Coast, choose a path around Yeovil Junction and make your way to the Turntable, then using ctrl c the Turntable will work correctly.

If there are any issue please let me know.

For Wessex Mainlines pt2 you will not need to do anything other than run Openrails and choose WessexMainlines as it will already be set up for you.

Many thanks

Craig (cgood124)

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  cgood124 Sun 08 Oct 2023, 7:30 am

Here we go all, the small patch is uploaded to Wessex Mainlines page .

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers

cgood124

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down