Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LYR Manchester bury sets now ghost trains and fog on the line

4 posters

Go down

LYR Manchester bury sets now ghost trains and fog on the line Empty LYR Manchester bury sets now ghost trains and fog on the line

Post  Jonathan David Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:39 pm

This new download looks very nice. It would also be useful in a more recent livery one day for North West England, but that would be a real luxury - and I am not sure offhand how long they lasted anyway.
However, my question is whether you meant to include consists as I didn't find any. Did I manage to lose them?
Jonathan

Last edited by Jonathan David on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

LYR Manchester bury sets now ghost trains and fog on the line Empty Re: LYR Manchester bury sets now ghost trains and fog on the line

Post  slipperman12 Tue 02 Jul 2019, 8:26 pm

Hi Jonathan,
No, mate, you've not mislaid them Smile There are three consists in the main stock folder (LYR-EMU-Manch-Bury).  Move (or copy) them out of that folder into your Consists folder.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

LYR Manchester bury sets now ghost trains and fog on the line Empty Re: LYR Manchester bury sets now ghost trains and fog on the line

Post  ShortNorth Wed 03 Jul 2019, 12:34 am

Jonathan David wrote:........................ It would also be useful in a more recent livery one day for North West England.....................Jonathan

I don't know why they would be useful for North West England - these units ONLY operated from Manchester Victoria to Bury and to Holcombe Brook. Apart from a couple of hundred metres at Victoria platforms, the North West England route does not have any part of those lines !!!

LYR Heartland V2 has the whole of the lines these units worked over - albeit without visual 3rd rail track, as X-Tracks does not have any 3rd rail sections. UKFS has 3rd rail track sections, but I don't build in UKFS.

Brian

"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
ShortNorth
ShortNorth

http://shortnorth.steam4me.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Wed 03 Jul 2019, 10:52 am

1 Thanks. consists found. I should have looked more carefully.
2 A senior moment. My knowledge of Manchester's railways is not as good as it might be and i was confusing the Bury and Altrincham lines.
My only feeble excuse is that I was at the time looking in vain for the stock for activities on a rather nice 1930s Czech route. One of the more bizarre findings - on several sites - was a ghost train. Unfortunately it has the same file name - CD Servis - as one of the Czech stock files. My very limited grasp of the language didn't help!
Anyway, as always, many thanks for your help.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Wed 03 Jul 2019, 12:53 pm

"a ghost train". Tell us more please!!!!!!

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Thu 04 Jul 2019, 8:32 am

Ghost trains. See item 6 on this page:
https://www.simtreni.com/download/index.php?subcat=59
I haven't tried it so don't know what happens!
While causing mayhem here, can I ask why occasionally fog gradually descends during an activity and whether there is anything one can do to clear it? I usually start with a nw route by setting up an "exploration" activity to see the main features, but a few times the fog has got so dense that all I can see is the catenary wire. Not very useful for exploring the scenery and track layouts.
I have to say that in general Open Rails is Brilliant, even though I still have trouble with the dynamic braking system. I'll save further esoteric questions for another day.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down