Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chilterns

+9
slipperman12
docmartin
stlsf4003
Scampispeedway
StephenRWells
Jonathan David
MS302
mikeanddi
rufuskins
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Chilterns - Page 2 Empty Re: The Chilterns

Post  Movingmillion Sat 27 Jun 2020, 6:05 pm

dforrest wrote:
Movingmillion wrote:It is a clean installation of MSTS other than the Chiltern route, I click to start it, it goes to the Microsoft logo, then to the first loading screen. It doesn't get any progress on the loading screen, and then the program just closes itself. It doesn't show any errors before or after

From what you state I still do not understand your problem.

1. Have you installed the eleven (or ten) files of the Chiltern route?
2. What folder did you install these to?
3. Did this run satisfactorily?  If so, was this on MSTS or Open Rails?
4. Did you then install Patch #1 to overwrite the previously installed files?
5. If so, did you get any error messages when you did this?
6. After this, when you run MSTS or Open Rails (which?), in detail, what happened?

1. Yes, I installed them all to a seperate folder first and then put the files into my MSTS installation
2. E:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Train Simulator
3. It did not run and just closed while on the loading page
4. I did, but I added this to the Chiltern folder while compiling them togethher
5. I didn't receive any errors here or at any time during this process
6. I started it up, it got to the Microsoft logo, then to the first MSTS loading screen. The loading bar did not move at all and the loading screen just stayed about 5 seconds, and then the program just closed itself, no errors whatsoever

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 27 Jun 2020, 6:12 pm

Hi David,
To be strictly true, I haven't actually run the route in Open Rails, yet - I just wanted to make sure that it loaded successfully and, if so, did it give any clue as to why MSTS wouldn't start. Unfortunately, the answer was "No, it didn't"!

It won't even load in MSTS.

Removing the TRAINSET and CONSISTS folders and replacing with default folders enabled the route to load and start in Explore mode. The two activities were NOT deleted, but, of course, not used!

Next job is to locate the "troublesome trucks"!! (after tea)

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 27 Jun 2020, 6:55 pm

Hi David,
It's almost certainly the LT F Stock.  It looks to have several Open Rails commands in the .eng file and I suspect they are what are choking MSTS. It is the default locomotive when starting MSTS.

Also, I get "Failed to initialise" when attempting to use the Piccadilly Standard Motor and Standard Stock Motor.

I haven't checked all the other locos, but those I have, steam, diesel and underground, don't seem to cause any problem. By the way - the smoke from Blink Bonny (60051) looks rather odd in MSTS!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sat 27 Jun 2020, 7:09 pm

slipperman12 wrote:Hi David,
It's almost certainly the LT F Stock.  It looks to have several Open Rails commands in the .eng file and I suspect they are what are choking MSTS. It is the default locomotive when starting MSTS.

Also, I get "Failed to initialise" when attempting to use the Piccadilly Standard Motor and Standard Stock Motor.

I haven't checked all the other locos, but those I have, steam, diesel and underground, don't seem to cause any problem. By the way - the smoke from Blink Bonny (60051) looks rather odd in MSTS!!

Cheers,
Ged

Ged, I will look at these items of LT stock (again).

Can you please confirm that before making these tests you have installed the eleven files of the route itself and then the Patch #1 files over these.

Can you please explain your statement "It is the default locomotive when starting MSTS"?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 27 Jun 2020, 7:49 pm

Hi David,
I'm sure you'd agree that if I hadn't installed all 11 files, I wouldn't have been able to run the Class 50 in the route, because it wouldn't have loaded properly!!  And, yes, the patch was installed.

"Default loco when starting MSTS".  Whenever you start MSTS and select a route, a locomotive is pre-selected in the "Locomotive" box.  How this is selected I don't know!.  In any installation, the routes are shown in alphabetical order; as mine is default, Chiltern comes at the top of the list. When MSTS loads, the route at the top of the list is selected and so is its (MSTS) selected Locomotive.  If [START} is pressed immediately, the default selected route and locomotive is used.  If another route and/or loco is selected by the user before pressing [START], the problem doesn't arise.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 28 Jun 2020, 3:38 pm

The documentation provided with the routes notes:

Original models by DocMartin for Open Rails ONLY
================================================
LT F Stock (This stock needs a more detailed cabview but it is beyond my knowledge or skill to make one)
LT Standard Stock (for Central Line)
LT Standard Stock Piccadilly Line

These models do not work in MSTS.

This is in "Chiltern Stock Pack 1.txt".

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 28 Jun 2020, 5:23 pm

Hi David,
Thanks, mate Smile
I must admit that I haven't fully read the documentation, concentrating, instead, on trying to get the route to run in MSTS!

I don't know at what stage 'movingmillion' encounters his problem, but I suggest that when he starts MSTS, and before pressing [START], he selects a different locomotive.

If he can't even get to that point, then it's a different story and we need for information from him!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Movingmillion Sun 28 Jun 2020, 8:31 pm

I am not able to choose any route or train, as the crash occurs at the first loading screen that occurs immediately after the Microsoft logo, after temporarily uninstalling the Chiltern route MSTS works fine. When I get to the first initial loading screen before the main menu shows up it does not progress at all and it just stays doing nothing for about five seconds before the game shuts itself off, no errors or anything.

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 28 Jun 2020, 9:31 pm

Movingmillion wrote:I am not able to choose any route or train, as the crash occurs at the first loading screen that occurs immediately after the Microsoft logo, after temporarily uninstalling the Chiltern route MSTS works fine. When I get to the first initial loading screen before the main menu shows up it does not progress at all and it just stays doing nothing for about five seconds before the game shuts itself off, no errors or anything.

In order that we can better understand your problem, could you please describe what you see on the screen at "the first initial loading screen before the main menu shows up".

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  Movingmillion Mon 29 Jun 2020, 1:58 am

The Chilterns - Page 2 Thing10
This is the loading screen in question, the first one. It appears exactly like this and doesn't change at all and after a while it just closes itself without error. I very carefully installed it again to MSTS, trains first before the route and the trains all work fine so it seems to be a problem with the route installation, as it continued to crash in the same way again. I did not install zip 11

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post  Movingmillion Mon 29 Jun 2020, 3:01 am

I've managed to get it loading and running after reinstalling it for a sixth time. I reinstalled it once and it didn't work, then I reinstalled the route over MSTS which already contained the route, then broken, overwriting all the files, and it somehow got it to load. Before this I tried it on OpenRails as well before then and it said it had something wrong with the tsection.dat? It said something about xtracks but I knew I had that installed.

However, I do now have another problem. It appears I am currently only able to start in Acton Town, Aynho, Banbury, and GW ML East. I did manage to get it working on OpenRails once before with a lot more options to start from before the first time I tried to install the route a few days ago, but wasn't able to get it to run on MSTS for a completely different error that is mentioned in the documentation. Do I need to install part 11 in order to get all the starting points?

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 29 Jun 2020, 3:19 am

If you want more start options showing for use in explore mode, I suggest you install the PATHS folder only from Disk 11.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  Movingmillion Mon 29 Jun 2020, 3:35 am

That worked, I think all problems have now been resolved. Thank you all!

I'm up *way* too late and I need to sleep... Heck knows how it's gone quarter-to-four in the morning.

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 29 Jun 2020, 5:47 pm

Hi Movingmillion.
I,Too experienced the same scenario whilst using Trainstore to check for any missing stock on all 26 activities. The Chiltern route will only run (Or at least for me) on Open Rails.
I have version 1.31.428 which I downloaded off of the Internet.
O R Is a lot different to MSTS, I have so far completed "Lets go to Birmingham" with the Diesel Pullman, and Central line Canter with the LUL 1960 stock.
G C Express pt4(?) from Woodford to Marylebone I had problems getting 60102 above 45mph but still had plenty of dwell time at Aylesbury, Before running into more problems
at the station where the third and fourth rail starts. As I encountered a SPAD Signal passed at danger followed by entering an occupied station, Embarassed Luckily the train ahead of me
"Moved Forward" to allow me to stop, so will have to revisit that activity again,
Yes Open rails will take a little getting used to with some perseverance.
Chiltern Route: Yes I am totally sold, Doc Martin has done a really good job! Much more scenery than I expected to see a lot of details as well.
As a Ex Railway guard with "Route Knowledge" of the Didcot Banbury line, Yes that has brought back a lot of memories.

Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Mon 29 Jun 2020, 6:01 pm

Andrew, I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying the route. For you and other users I point out the following from the documentation:

It is intended for OPEN RAILS though it may work to some extent in MSTS, albeit without the advanced OR-specific features and with inferior frame rates to those in Open Rails. Some of the activities included will definitely work only in Open Rails.

and ....

The “Unstable” version of Open Rails must be installed.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sun 27 Feb 2022, 1:57 am

Hi All!

Martin has kindly sent me the new patches (2 thru 8   ) for hosting on the TSSH download site!
These are all available for download now. Just keep in mind that the total download size for all 7 new patches is close to 1.5gb in size.

Regards,
Justin

The Chilterns - Page 2 Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Tue 02 Aug 2022, 12:22 pm

Hi All,

Version 2 of DocMartin's Chiltern Route is now available from the TSSH download site.  It is still a work-in-progress and can be kept up to date by accessing the latest changes and additions from github.com using the GitHub Desktop application.

Once there is a major update (or when advised to do so) I will update the file accordingly.

Do keep in mind that the file is 10.3Gb in size before downloading.

I have removed the links to the previous version, however if someone does need the old files I still have them.

Regards,
Justin

The Chilterns - Page 2 Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  docmartin Tue 02 Aug 2022, 2:14 pm

One point needs to be made clear in order to save people a lot of grief.  The route is now for Open Rails ONLY.  It will not work in MSTS.

I hope you will enjoy the route.  Feedback is welcome but probably best done via the Open Rails section of the forums.

DocMartin
docmartin
docmartin

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2