Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S - Activities

+9
ianmacmillan
steamnut44
NiallGray
neanderthal
slipperman12
dforrest
rufuskins
mikehendle
StephenRWells
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

S - Activities - Page 4 Empty Re: S - Activities

Post  StephenRWells Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:37 pm

Hi Andy,

Although as I said I will be writing for OR some will still be playable with MSTS. This latest one was also an experiment to see and show to others what can be achieved with OR in its present state. I have found that even using the MSTS AE some things are easier to programme when it will be run in OR, passing an ai train on a single track line is a good example. Judging from your earlier post you are going to give OR a go - good, once it's up and running you should see its advantages and future potential without consigning MSTS to the scrap heap. I cannot desert MSTS yet as it has given me so much pleasure over the years, some of which I seem to also have passed on to others. My activities are what I have tried to give the back to the community in return for all that I have received from others.

Would you like any more activities for the SDJR?

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:25 pm

Thanks very much David.
I did not know that download even exsisted, Would never had been able to have found it!
I now have version 1.0 waiting in my download area, Had started to run  the download ( I have Windows 7 Home)
It wants to go into Program file (X86) Is this correct, or should it go into 1MSTS?
Cheers
Andy
Ah just read your latest post Stephen.
Obviously I have rather jumped the gun! Yes will attempt open rails, I currently have SDJR (Mini route) and NW3 in my main Route folder
So providing I can get OR to work will give your new activity a go.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm

Hi Andy,

OR can go wherever you care to put it EXCEPT 1MSTS, it is a separate Simulator and needs to be treated as such. For convenience I have mine on the same drive as MSTS which is not on my main drive - having suffered a main drive total destruction last year all I lost was that drive; all my trainsim stuff was safe.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 25 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm

Hi All,

I have just re-uploaded S - Burnham To Templecombe as I realised that when using the installer for the MiniRoute Version I hadn't included the full path. This has now been rectified; apologies for any inconvenience I might have caused. Those who have successfully installed this activity shouldn't need to download it again.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 26 Jun 2015, 5:54 pm

Hello Stephen,
I have managed to download your activity(Paths are present) everything seems OK.
However after leaving the shed and coupling to the four green coaches I am unable to move the train.
All handbrakes are off, I have 21" Vaccumm ,but all the jinty does is make lots of smoke and groan.
I am very awre that O R is completly different to MSTS but I can not see why the jinty is unable to haul its train.
Any ideas as to what I should be doing/am not doing?
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm

Hi Andy,
When you've released the brakes, try pressing the SHIFT and / keys to initialise the brakes (press the SHIFT key down and hold it, press the / key, then release both keys).

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:48 pm

Hi Stephen/Ged.
Having sorted out how to get the four Green suburban  coaches to move (Thanks Ged) you actually also have  to release the handbrake on each coach.
Which is very interesting seeing there is actually only one coach with a handbrake.
So I am now able to run my train, the next obstacle is to actually be able to STOP again, I have even gone into the wagon files for the Coaches to check they are vacuum braked!
With a line speed of 45MPH, It should only need a reduction to 14-16" to slow the train down sufficently to bring it  to a controlled stop.
What is happening despite allowing the vacuum to disappear the train just keeps trundling along and even if a platform is approached at 20 Mph which should be slow enough
to make a proper stop at the end of the platform but instead the train just keeps going and gently overshoots.
It is impossible to time the train, It appears to be delayed leaving Burnham waiting the incoming Prairie hauled train which means I cannot depart until the time that I should be leaving Highbridge, Is this supposed to happen?
Will give the activity another go but cant see me  being able to keep to time.  Will report back.
Cheers
Andy
Edit: Just downloaded your "revised" Burnham to Templecombe act from ukts site.

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 27 Jun 2015, 12:31 am

Hmmm.
Must say that I am enjoying this activity, loosing plenty of time and managing to brake early enough to be able to stop at the stations Smile
Or at least I was until I reached Evercreech, Going to fast approaching the junction, the result was I passed the down platform starter at Danger and nearly took the level crossing gates out Embarassed OH well Teach me to make a few saves here and there. Rolling Eyes
Im afraid at the moment "The jury is still out" between OR and MSTS, I fear there are still several bugs to sort out but I must say the graphics are a lot better than on MSTS
I will certainly persevere with O R

Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

Hi Andy,

I'm glad you're persevering with this activity. I'll admit it's not an easy one if you're new to OR as the 3F's brakes are a bit slow to respond in its default settings. I did test it thoroughly with those settings and was able to keep to the departure times even if I was late arriving at one or two stations. I did also find that it helped to partially release brakes during the station stop. I hope that you did read my Driving Notes before you started as it does give more information.
Did you see the other ai 3F activity at Highbridge?

With OR I have found that ease of driving depends on each individual engine and how it is set up. With this activity it was the best of the most suitable engines that I could find.

Regards,

Stephen

PS. The only change in v2 download was a revised path for mini route installation.
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sat 27 Jun 2015, 1:22 pm

StephenRWells wrote: I hope that you did read my Driving Notes before you started as it does give more information.

Well the obvious answer is No I didn't. Embarassed But I have now! Rolling Eyes
I now have absolutely no doubt in my mind as to why my train has bad braking. It DIDN'T! IT HAD NO BRAKES AT ALL! Rolling Eyes
If you recall I posted that I could not get the coaching stock to move, I found I had to first "release the handbrakes" on all of the coaches before they would move.
What I was actually doing was to Pull the strings, so in effect I had four coaches unbraked or what e guards called swingers, the result was that the jinty was doing
all the braking, no wonder I could not stop!
Will have to get my head around the F9 functions in OR.
However there was one thing that I should have been able to achieve at Burnham, I was able to arrive there right time but after running round my train, The signal
did not clear at 0900 More like 0905 after the 4575 arrived with its train thus making me late departing.
Anyway, I will certainly give it another go tonight.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 27 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm

Hi Andy,

A lot of useful driving information can also be found in the OR Manual pp34-50. This can be found in your main Open Rails\Documentation folder.
Don't forget Ged's post:-
Hi Andy,
When you've released the brakes, try pressing the SHIFT and / keys to initialise the brakes (press the SHIFT key down and hold it, press the / key, then release both keys).

Cheers,
Ged

This will release the brakes on the coaches and then they will then act normally. I don't know why the 4575 is late arriving, if you leave Highbridge on time then you should be ready to depart Burnham by about 08.59 to 08.59.30. You must be running round at about the right time as you keep your path - if you're much too late then the 4575 steals your path and the activity fails.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any further help,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 28 Jun 2015, 2:56 pm

StephenRWells wrote:. I don't know why the 4575 is late arriving, if you leave Highbridge on time then you should be ready to depart Burnham by about 08.59 to 08.59.30. You must be running round at about the right time as you keep your path - if you're much too late then the 4575 steals your path and the activity fails.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any further help,

Stephen

After several "False starts" Managed to get 47316 coupled to the 4 green Suburbans  brake pipe coupled, check handbrakes/Bail off and made into Highbridge for a right time
departure after the pasenger and freight trains had cleared the main line, Had difficulty reaching 35MPH  in reverse going to Burnham but managed to run round the train,re couple  and was ready to depart at 0858.
The signal did not clear, and waited until 0904 for the 4575 to arrive.
Only three minutes late at Highbridge but further delayed at Edington  waiting the standard 3MT arriving from Glastonbury direction.
Despite being able to get up to 45MPH between stops, because of the slow braking I loose time approaching stations as the platform starters are always set at dangr until the train
comes to a stop thus I was 12 minutes late into Templecombe.
A1 traffic noted 75047 and 6844 hauled freight Highbridge Main line, Jinty arriving Light Loco and on Burnham freight shunt, 4560 arriving Burnham.
3MT (82004?) crossing at Edington, 1X 75XXX on Evercreech Depot 41241 and four coaches middle siding Evercreech Jn , Passed 7F freight at Wincanton station.
and Standard 9F at Templecombe shed branch.
I appear to have missed Torquay Manor (Presumably at Cole)   7032 &vans., 34040 34042 34043 on passengers 4645 & 10 sheep , 9669 & 2 Mk1 subs . and 47496 &3 Subs.

I would not say that the activity failed but the problem  I have is that I appear to have a choice of rither loosing time
approaching stations or risk over running the platform and spadding the signals.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 28 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm

Hi Andy,

At the bottom of my driving notes is a section entitled:-

Open Rails Features
===================

This activity makes use of Extended AI Train Shunting Functions. To activate, open Open Rails, click on Options, then click on Experimental and finally click on Extended AI Train Shunting.

Did you? If you have you will have seen the 3F doing some shunting activity at Highbridge also 6844 uncouple its brakevan as you pass it on the way to Burnham - 35mph is hard to achieve but not necessary as you found.

While in the Options/Experimental section uncheck the "forced Red at Station Stops" box. This will give you a Green Signal at stations when a Red isn't needed. If the box is checked that is probably why 4575 is late at Burnham.

If you try it again with these settings hopefully you will be able to keep more to time, don't worry if you're a bit late arriving at stations as long as can depart on time.

Regards,

Stephen

StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Mon 29 Jun 2015, 11:53 am

Hi Stephen.
Have set up extended shunting and unticked Forced station stop box.
Was able with a little bit of speeding to get to Burnham on sea, run round, re couple by 0857 but still had to wait until 0904 for 5560 to arrive, thus messing up the rest
of the activity by running late.
Has anyone else tried this activity and had similar problems or am I not stopping my train in the right position at Burnham?
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Mon 29 Jun 2015, 9:15 pm

Hi Andy

I have had the same problem at Burnham, with the signal changing at 9.04.40, after the arrival of 5560. This was after two attempts, stopping at different places in the station.

Upon reaching Highbridge, I carelessly spadded, and came face to face with a train at the station, so will try again to see what happens if I wait at the signal.

I did change the non-AI stock to air brakes and change the settings, to assist with the braking, but, in retrospect, I may not have been connecting the brake hoses.

I must say that the first fifteen minutes of this activity were absolutely stunning, so thanks Stephen for this.

Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 30 Jun 2015, 5:44 pm

Hi Mike, Andy and all,

Mike, there was no need to change the brakes on the Southern Suburban Coaches as they already matched with the 3F. OR doesn't like a mixture of air and vacuum brakes in the player consist and my activities always use stock that "works out of the box". Just remember the correct procedure for coupling/uncoupling with OR
Why you are both having problems with 5560 arriving late at Burnham I don't know. There is no reason to leave Highbridge late as there is plenty of time at the station. There is no other ai traffic to delay it. At Burnham I have tried being late doing the run round and all that happens is that I lose my path.
Just to check, in the OR experimental section; Forced Red at station stops UNCHECKED, extended ai train shunting CHECKED ( also gives ai loco whistle at level crossings ), Location linked passing path processing CHECKED. This last may not make any difference but mine is checked.
I re did this first part today and everything worked exactly as intended - left Highbridge 08.50.30, Burnham 09.00 when signal cleared and arrived back at Highbridge 09.05.

If anyone else can help with this please let me know - I'm stumped Crying or Very sad

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Tue 30 Jun 2015, 7:20 pm

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the brake information - I will try to remember next time.

All my settings were the same as yours, except Location linked passing path processing. I have now Checked this and restarted, but with the same result at Burnham (signal cleared at 9.05.02 this time). I was not previously running late at any point.

I have now successfully reached Highbridge again, departing at 9.13.12 (6 minutes late).

I will carry on with the rest of the activity, although I will obviously not know whether or not I am seeing the AI as planned.

Thanks again for the activity.

Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Wed 01 Jul 2015, 7:29 pm

Hi Stephen

I have now successfully concluded this excellent activity.

I managed to gradually regain time by means of shortened station stops and a little speeding, eventually regaining time by Cole.

This was a real pleasure to drive, and Open Rails brought out the real quality of the route.

Thanks for producing this. If there are to be more in the future, I will certainly look forward to them.

Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 02 Jul 2015, 2:58 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, there will be more in the future, but I don't know when. Which installation version did you use? Ged has reported a problem when using the new TSunpack program which can cause activity errors. I'm still puzzled as to why the 5560 arrives late - in my master copy this has been the one thing that never has been changed. If you can get it to arrive on time you will see everything else that I built into this activity.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeanddi Thu 02 Jul 2015, 5:38 pm

Hi Stephen

I used the .exe file to install the activity.

Incidentally, I also used the Route Riter "Fix AI Wheel Radius" utility, to correct the AI wheel speeds, which were running too slow.

Regards
Mike

mikeanddi

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 6:13 pm

Hi Stephen,
Ged has reported a problem when using the new TSunpack program which can cause activity errors
I must hasten to add that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your activity folder when it's unpacked! It is purely an error in my APKExtractor program which prevents it from working correctly when a matching route folder is in the same folder as the apk file. I have uploaded a corrected version to UKTS, but it's still awaiting approval.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:00 pm

StephenRWells wrote:Hi Andy,

Would you like any more activities for the SDJR?
Hi Stephen.
The answer is a definite "YES PLEASE"
Since the release of SDJR some more "appropriate" coaching stock and locos have been released,
.Maunsell BR Coaches (UKTS 23830) Maunsell R4LW coaches (UKTS 34254) and Bullied High vent coaches (UKTS 32854) all of these types or very similar were
used post 1960 especially the three car formations on stopping services between Bournemouth/Bath.
Sadly the Highbridge branch faired worse with trains being formed of only a single brake coach or two coach formations hauled by a 2251 or Ivatt tank.
plus a PMV luggage van.
The 2P's were also diplaced in the early 60's being replaced by standard class 4MT both 4-6-0 and 2-6-0.
There are two very appropriate standard packs available one is Standard 4s Multipack (UKTS 15452) which include 75009 and 75023 both allocated to
Templecombe and Dave Robinsons superb SR standard class 4 collection (UKTS 31717) I am biased, as these used to come through Romsey when i was a kid.
Also from Dave, are several rebuilt Bullied light pacifics including 34028 (UKTS 27965) and 34039 (UKTS 27968).
Another set of coaches that are worthy of inclusion are Justins LNER61Ft6inch Maroon V2 set (UKTS 34892) They seemed to get used on the Pines express
intermingled with the ex Midland coaches and also mk1's
I only wish that I was clever enough to be able to make my own acts but it is or looks far to complicated for me.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:00 pm

Hi Andy and Ged,

Andy,
Thanks for the appropriate stock information which will be used in any future activities. I do have most, if all not all of those on your list. My problem was not knowing in which era different stock was used.

Ged,
As you know I have successfully used your APKExtractor program; my thought was that I was wondering if the program error was affecting how my activity was unpacked - both Andy and Mike report that 5560 arrives at Burnham about 5 mins late and I don't know why as it always arrives on time for me!!

Hopefully one day it will be sorted,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:16 pm

Hi Stephen,
No mate, the error causes the program to offer to unpack the apk into the Route folder within the same folder as the apk is held.
In effect, it would indicate that the files already exist and give the option to overwrite them - which is pointless!!  It wouldn't write any data into the correct route folder because it thinks it's already found it!!

I will try your activity over the next few days, in both MSTS and Open Rails, and let you know how I get on!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 03 Jul 2015, 9:37 am

Hi Ged,

Ok, my thoughts were wrong, sorry if I gave you the impression that your program was why my activity might not work properly.

By the way, don't try it in MSTS, it won't work, and it was never meant to, as it uses OR logic ( if that's the word to use ) and other features only available in OR.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:03 am

HI Stephen,
OK, thanks, mate Smile
Just to prove everything is OK, I've compared the output of APKExtractor with that of TSUnpack and it all matches. For those who are as pedantic as I am, I'll add a caveat - APKExtractor outputs file and folder names exactly as they are stored in the apk file whereas TSUnpack outputs all names as lower case. I haven't come across any problems caused by this action, but if any are reported, I'll make the appropriate amendment.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:28 am

Thought I had cracked it!
Re downloaded the activity but instead of using the exc file to download, This time I dragged and dropped the Routes and Train folders into the main Mini Route
allowing them to overwrite.
Succsess at last!Very Happy  Well,sort of Rolling Eyes
Got the Jinty onto it's stock arrived into Highbridge platform 0848 departed 0850.30 Bang on time, a swift run round at Burnham, my signal clears, I leave at 0858.40
What can possibly go wrong? Shocked
Well Stephen, the answer is the level crossing the station side of Highbridge wharf, I am slowing for the Highbridge station stop, but as I come around the corner I
find 1: The Signal is at danger, 2 I "Bag" the level crossing gates and 3 I collide head on with 5560 which is standing at the signal the Highbridge side.
So it's Game over! Obviously 5560 has departed Highbridge without authority so it looks as if O R has the same problem that MSTS had in the early days.
Cornfield meet. At least OR does not automatically end the activity like MSTS does.
Any Suggestions how to overcome this one?
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 03 Jul 2015, 1:55 pm

Hi Andy,

5560 should prevent you from leaving Burnham at 08.58.40 as it should already have left Highbridge by that time. Your ready to depart time of 08.58.40 is about right. You could try waiting at the last reverse point to see what happens before actually re coupling to the coaches, that way you shouldn't grab the route too soon.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 03 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

StephenRWells wrote:Hi Andy,

5560 should prevent you from leaving Burnham at 08.58.40 as it should already have left Highbridge by that time. Your ready to depart time of 08.58.40 is about right. You could try waiting at the last reverse point to see what happens before actually re coupling to the coaches, that way you shouldn't grab the route too soon.

Regards,

Stephen

Not to clear about this Stephen.
If 5560 has left Highbridge at 0858 and I get my signal as soon as I reverse onto the front of my train, where are we supposed to pass each other?
Shouldn't 5560 remain at Highbridge until 47316 and train pass?
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 3:02 pm

Hi Stephen,
I'm just setting my stall out ready for my test run later and found, using Route-Riter, that the Manor #7800 doesn't exist. Checking the original downloads and the fix didn't help! Therefore, I think the reason its consist wasn't seen is because it isn't running - I suggest that Open Rails doesn't complain, but there might be something in the log.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 03 Jul 2015, 5:48 pm

Hi Andy and Ged,

The only change in the fix was the correct path for the installer - assuming that you are using C drive and are outside of Program Files.

There is certainly something strange going on as I've just put my master copy through Route Riter and #7800 is definitely there. I have also used the installer to place the activity somewhere safe and everything appears ok.

#5560 starts at 08.52 and should follow you to Burnham where it comes into the Loop Platform leaving you clear to depart at 09.00. #7800 starts at 09.03 by which time you should have the route into Highbridge.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 8:28 pm

Hi Stephen,
Wow, well done, mate Smile  It's an excellent activity!!

It was hard work,especially regarding braking - Open Rails is going to take a LOT of getting used to!  
One problem I had was accessing the coaches at the beginning - I had 6 goes at it because the reverse point wouldn't change the points.  I then found that OR doesn't like you going too far beyond the RP.

I, too, didn't get the signal at Burnham until about 09:05 when the Prairie came into the station.  I was almost 9 minutes late at Templecombe, but I was so busy, I didn't take any saves!!

I'm sure I'll do better when/if I run it again!

Regarding the 78xx - I re-downloaded the file from UKTS in case it had been updated since I got mine, but the AI version is not in the pack, nor in the Fix.  I can only suggest that you created that version for yourself at some time - is there any clue in the date the file was created?

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Besides the 7800, I also didn't see (or didn't notice!) 7032 (Denbigh Castle), 34040 (Crewkerne), 34042 (Dorchester), 34043 (Coombe Martin), 9669 (Class 57xx), 47496 (3FT) or 82030 (BR 3MT)

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm

Hi Ged,

I didn't create the ai versions of 78xx and so far I've been unable to find where they came from. My original download only has the driveable ones. I'll do further checking tomorrow. You didn't see the other mentioned trains because of your late running.

regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:39 pm

Hi Stephen.
Just tried the activity again and same problem, I left Highbridge  bang on time at 0850.30, Ran round at Burnham, my signal cleared as I backed onto my train.
0900 on the dot signal, only got to Highbridge Level crossing (This time obeying the signal held at Danger, Level crossing gates open to road traffic
and guess who I met waiting at the Burnham bound signal!
So it looks as if  5560 and train depart Highbridge for a 0904 arrival at Burnham  despite the player train getting the road first.
This in effect means that there is no way than I can run the activity and see the A1 traffic as well
The last time  I ran late and got through to Templecombe,  Like GED. I missed those same A1 trains as well.
Sounds as if there is a OR bug.or something.
I have windows 7 Home by the way.
Cheers
Andy
edit: I am going off line and unplugging computer, only we have a mega thunderstorm brewing up here right now!

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 04 Jul 2015, 11:51 am

Hi Andy, Ged and others having problems with this activity,

It looks as though I shall have to re-work the #5560 and #7800 services as I can't work out why #5560 is always late and #7800 doesn't exist in the UKTS Download List. Maybe also I was trying to be a bit too clever. Anyway any changes will have to wait for a little while as I have other things I should be getting on with.

Ged, my download date for UKTS 20180_RF_GWManors was 27-11-2008 and the fix 2 days later. My policy when using stock for my activities has always been that everything has to be as downloaded to ensure that those who are unable/unwilling to change files can still use my activities. So far I have checked my Bala-Hub and Cannock Chase Cd's just in case the #7800 was there and no lick. The source must have been good because I also have pictures of all the engines and tenders. As I said last night I will do further investigations.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 04 Jul 2015, 1:51 pm

Hi Stephen,
I meant the actual date of your #GWManor7800.eng file; as it's not in the original download, I would expect it to have a different date to the other files in the folder (which are Oct/Nov 2008, except for the crew).
As a test, I've just used Route Riter to create the AI loco and it carries today's date.   The simplest thing for you to do is change the consist to use the driveable loco instead.

As I suspected, the OR log shows that the AI Manor doesn't exist, so the consist is ignored.
Also in the log, the coaches in BR_WR_BSET all have a value in their Friction entries which OR can't decipher; I don't know if this has any effect on their operation in this activity, but, of course, that's not your responsibility Smile

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Have now tried a rerun with #7800 included.  Now, the Player is held at the signal approaching Highbridge until about 09:11, making us even later!!

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 04 Jul 2015, 7:20 pm

Hi Ged,

I've done today what, perhaps, I should have done days ago and that is to download and install to check that all is well. My route is the original download version so I clicked on the apk and said yes to overwrite everything. I then ran the activity as far as Glastonbury and all was exactly as it should be so I'm still no further forward to solving why #5560 is late at Burnham. If that can be fixed then everything else will fall into place.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 04 Jul 2015, 8:19 pm

Hi Stephen,
I probably shouldn't say this, but if you used the version of APKExtractor3 you already have to unpack your apk in its folder due to the error, it will only overwrite what is in your included Routes folder.

If you really want to use my program, first of all rename the Routes folder in your unpacked zip folder to something else then it will work correctly - I've just double-checked!!

I apologise that the corrected version isn't available on UKTS yet, but I feel it may have been my fault because, when I looked yesterday, the zip file was of zero length, so I had to re-upload it.

One of the OR F5 displays shows all the AI traffic and, if it's moving, the speed at which it's travelling. The identity of the consists seems a bit cryptic! I looked at it while I was waiting for the signal at Burnham and could see what I assumed to be the Prairie consist moving. I'll let you know if/when I make head or tail out of it, but I'm sure it'll be useful Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 04 Jul 2015, 9:22 pm

Hi Ged,

Unless your APKExtractor3 overwrites the standard one built in to MSTS then no, I didn't use it. Just to double check I uninstalled the activity and then used the installer. The result? everything still works as it should - #5560comes into Burnham, the signal clears at 09.00 and away I go. Unless some one can work out what's happening then it will have to stay as it is for the moment.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 05 Jul 2015, 2:02 am

Hi Stephen.
After that storm went through last night, I had another go at the activity, This time taking my time to collect the stock at Highbridge but still departed on time, Ran round
slowly and was on the front of the train by 0900, This time I had to wait for 5560 and train to arrive late, getting away at 0905.07, a spirited run to Highbridge passing the other jinty shunting and the Grange waiting departure at Highbridge wharf and the third Jinty was in the station sidings, I managed to get away 2 minutes late which I kept right through to Templecombe There was yet another Jinty leaving the Bay platform at Edington for Bridgewater, 82030 and train are at Shapwick and not Edington, 53806 and freight are at Glastonbury as is the 57XX Pannier on the train to Wells, 4645 and freight are at West Pennard, 34042 runs into Evercreech just as we are about to depart,
82030 is again at Wincanton and the 7F and freight pass us at Templecombe. 34043 is in the up main pltform and 34040 departs Templecombe west bound.
The only locos I appear to have missed is 7032 and 7800, should they have been on the GW mainline at Cole?
Otherwise an excellent activity.
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 05 Jul 2015, 10:45 am

Hi Andy,

#7032 and #7800 should both be seen at Highbridge on your return but #7800 isn't seen because it's not in the required download ( my fault - see earlier posts ) and #7032 often can only be seen in an external view.

Interestingly, although you were 2 minutes late everywhere you still saw all the ai traffic at nearly the right times and places!!!!!!!!!!

If the problem of #5560 arriving late at Burnham can be solved then I'll upload a new version including changing #7800 to driveable engine.

Glad you've finally seen everything nearly as it should be,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 06 Aug 2015, 3:17 pm

Hi All,

With the release of Niall's new Clas303/311 Pack my S - Glasgow_Crosshill_Newton Return Activity has had to have various ai timings altered to keep it working. Using the original activity with these improved units will result in a CTD in both MSTS and OR.

V2 has now been uploaded and awaiting approval.

My other activities which use these units as ai are currently been checked to ensure that they still work. S - Winter Mail appears to be ok. I've just started S - Cardross Track Repairs and noticed that I seem to have missed out what to do at each pick-up point. As no-one has complained so far I assume that those who have tried this activity have sorted out what they should be doing! If anyone needs further information will they please contact me and I'll supply the necessary information.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 29 Sep 2015, 10:08 am

Hi All,

Having had a spell away from activity creation whilst enjoying running other peoples activities on various other routes I have now returned to making another activity for the Somerset and Dorset Route. Like the last one it is designed to be run only with Open Rails only as it uses OR specific functions. This time it is a Pick up Goods type. I have had to simplify my original plan as I managed to totally confuse OR with the number of reverse points in a small area. However, the resulting change has enabled me to use another OR feature of adding a pilot loco to the player train instead of just a loco change. It is now in the final testing stages which also includes writing up all the shunting moves. With one known exception all the stock should in the mini-route/main Trainset folder. I am hoping to finish it in the next few days ready to upload at the weekend, but don't hold your breath.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 29 Sep 2015, 10:23 am

Hi Ged,

I've just been checking back through this topic and with a bit of searching in my S & D downloads I have found the answer to your question of where I obtained the ai versions of the Cambrian Standard 4's. They are in UKTS_25553_SDJR_ActivitiesV2.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 09 Oct 2015, 3:35 pm

Hi All,

Final testing of this activity took longer than expected as I was determined to include weather changes in it. Initially I was unsuccessful, but having regained access to Elvas Tower and a demo activity, I finally understood what to do and this has now been added - comments on what I have achieved will be most welcome. For more details please see https://tsforum.forumotion.net/t1027-weather-change-during-an-activity#13667

The activity File ID: 34827 Name:S - Harbour Goods  has now been uploaded to UKTS and  like S - Burnham to Templecombe will be found under Open Rails Simulator.

As usual all comments will be gratefully received along with any future activity requests.

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 02 Nov 2015, 6:52 pm

Hi All,

All 22 of my activities for the Scottish Central Plus Route are now available at http://tsshonline.weebly.com/ as well as at UKTS.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:41 pm

Hi All,

I have now added 3 more activities to TSSH online for the BrisCard Route, one of which is new one and also uploaded to
UKTS File ID: 34952 Name:S - Bridgend_Maesteg. This service uses 3 different eras, 3 different times of day and 3 different forms of motive power.

S - Barry Island_Merthyr Tydfil  has been reworked to use only rolling stock currently available at UKTS. This activity only works with MSTS.
S - Bin Diverted has been reworked as above but now also has specific versions for both MSTS and OR.

Both these new versions are only available at http://tsshonline.weebly.com/

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 3:36 pm

StephenRWells wrote:File ID: 34952 Name:S - Bridgend_Maesteg. This service uses 3 different eras, 3 different times of day and 3 different forms of motive power.

Stephen, I leave the station under a signal which is green when I start the activity.  However the next signal is at red.  This is obviously because of the goods train waiting to leave the branch! I am running the steam version.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:19 pm

Hi David,

When I first made these activities I was using the original Colour Light Version but final testing before uploading was done with the Semaphore Signals Version. All three activities worked perfectly for me both in MSTS and OR, otherwise they wouldn't have been uploaded. I have just tested the Steam version in MSTS and the goods train comes straight off the branch as expected while I have a Red stopping me from leaving the station - there is a 3 minute wait before departure to allow passengers from the main line trains to load.

Gringo00 reported a similar problem and wondered if it was a W10 issue - I don't know as I am still using W7 and no-one else has reported any problems.

In OR all three activities originally worked but having just tried all of them with the current X3337 version all of them fail to load!!! Earlier today I was running a different Briscard activity in OR and it ground to halt with an ai train stuck at a Red Signal for no obvious reason, I shall have to investigate further.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 8:00 pm

I omitted to say that I am running the activity in MSTS. I use VISTA. The activity starts with the station signal green so there is obviously no possibility of the goods train leaving the branch.

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next