Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S - Activities

+9
ianmacmillan
steamnut44
NiallGray
neanderthal
slipperman12
dforrest
rufuskins
mikehendle
StephenRWells
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

S - Activities - Page 2 Empty Re: S - Activities

Post  dforrest Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:12 pm

StephenRWells wrote:Some time ago I created a freight activity for The Bristol to Birmingham Route. It is long and quite complex but kept me on my toes - it takes about 3 hrs plus a change of engine near the end.
Three problems arose:- 1, timing is fairly critical although I did build in some leeway
                                   2, because of the amount of ai traffic starting from a save results in the red light syndrome.
                                   3, checking produced a vast amount of required downloads
Removing all the ai traffic results in lost interaction between player and ai ( some needed for timing purposes ) and lack of interest away from shunting areas. The end result was that I never fully completed this activity - the main part still to do is to type up the full briefing.
The only way I found of taking a break was to pause it and minimise using the windows button.

Does anyone fancy giving it a go to see if it is worth finishing properly and uploading?

Which route is it?

David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 06 Jun 2014, 8:09 am

David ,,,,Stephen said"sometime ago I created a Freight Activity for the Bristol to Birmingham Route"so I'd guess its for the B2B!!!!

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 06 Jun 2014, 9:55 am

Hi,

Sorry I should have been clearer - it is Bristol to Birmingham by Clive Heard

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 10 Jun 2014, 4:09 pm

Hi All,

Judging by the lack of response to my last post no-one has the stamina and/or courage to do a 3hr+ activity in one sitting with no possibility of recovering from a mistake. If that's the case then I'm not surprised, after all I created it and even I'm reluctant to run it through myself and I know it!! However, what I will do at some point soon is to reduce the vast number of required downloads by using mainly stock packs for the freight wagons - the coaches are all well used ones anyway. I will also look at the locos used and see what can be done with them. I'm reluctant to reduce the amount of ai traffic used so I am thinking of splitting it into 3 or maybe even 4 sections. If that doesn't work then I might have to reduce the ai traffic.

On a more positive note the new freight activity mentioned in an earlier post is now ready for a final run through. Apart from an oddity with the player consist when checking in Route Riter everything else is ok. This just leaves typing up the all important briefing - the worst part for me when creating an activity. As the other 2 are finished, with a bit of luck I should be ready to upload all 3 at the weekend.

I still have a lot of activities to run on MEP which will keep me busy for some time yet. I tend to do one when I need a break from the activity I'm making - another of the joys of Mini Routes.

Where I go next in activity creation I don't yet know - having had another look at BTB with the first above mentioned activity there are a lot possibilities with short activities using the various branch lines included. Something I'll think about.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 11 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

Hi All,

3 activities have just been uploaded in conjunction with June & July 2014 are MSTS months

File ID: 33063 S - SS Swansea_Carmarthen
File ID: 33064 S - SS Swindon_Alexandra Docks
File ID: 33065 S - SS Trostre Delivery

All comments welcome,

Enjoy,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 21 Jun 2014, 6:19 pm

Hi All,

So far no adverse comments to my last 3 uploads for the BrisCard Route plus I've had a request for some more!! This will happen at some future time. At the moment I'm working on the Bristol to Birmingham activity previously mentioned. This is now being split into 3 parts. Part 1 goes from Bristol to Westerleigh Yard where some shunting takes place and takes about 46 minutes. This is more or less complete. Part 2 will go from Westerleigh to Gloucester where more shunting takes place. Part 3 will probably start part way through the Gloucester Shunting and continue to the Kidderminster Line where it ends. This will also be the longest part - possibly 1hr15 to 1hr30 but the majority is main line running which should be easy. Whether any part will load from a save remains to be seen. I will keep the original full length version for those who still need a harder challenge!

More updates as it progresses,

Stephen

StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:40 pm

Hi All,

The activity is now split successfully into three sections.

Part 1 is Bristol to Westerleigh Yard taking 46min approx. I tried running from a save part way through and this failed due to the Red light syndrome. This could also be down to the number of other activities unstored and large amount of stock also available. The next time will be a normal run with only this one unstored.

Part 2 is Westerleigh Yard to Barnwood Yard ( Gloucester ) taking 1hr 15min approx. This one did successfully run from saves at 3 different places.

Part 3 is Barnwood to The Kidderminster Line taking 1hr 25min approx. Again I was able to run from saves. Although this is the longest it is also the easiest as virtually all of it is main line running but not all under green lights.

The original full length version I have yet to try - it will be done before uploading just to check it is still ok.

Parts 1 & 2 both start with main line running and end with some shunting.
Part 3 has a loco change combined with a visit to a water tower before continuing towards Kidderminster.

What has proved very time consuming is reducing the number of downloads required - it originally stood at about 70!! This has now been reduced to something more manageable, I hope, as I've not yet added them up. Most of the engines and coaches should be in most peoples Trainset along with some of the wagons which should reduce each persons actual number of downloads.

Further testing etc. will continue.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:56 pm

Hi All,

Turning this activity into 3 parts and reducing the amount of required downloads to something more manageable has taken about as long as it did to create the original. I think it is now done, final testing is underway which will just leave all the activity notes to do. I've reduced the downloads from about 70 to 49 - still a lot but I'm hoping that most people who do these activities will already have most of the stock. If I reduce them further then I shall be duplicating engines which I don't like doing if possible. The coaches are Mk1's and LMS which most people should have. The wagons are quite varied to stop them all looking the same.

Parts 2 & 3 run well and will easily run from saves so if mistakes are made it shouldn't be a problem. However, part 1 is different it refuses to run because of getting 2 green signals and then a red ( I call it the Red Light Syndrome ). Interestingly I started from a save approaching Kingswood Junction travelling North and was stopped at Fishponds Station only to find that a freight train that had started at Mangotsfield was also held in the station. I had previously thought that it was only the player service that was affected.

With a bit of luck I should get this finished this week.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:00 pm

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the update on these activities
Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 06 Jul 2014, 4:16 pm

Hi All,

I got side tracked today by a project started some time ago which has now reached fruition. Watch UKTS Newest Files for something different from me.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 08 Jul 2014, 10:29 pm

Hi All,

The Bristol to Birmingham activity has been uploaded and is awaiting approval.
Upload is File ID: 33148 Name:S - China Clay

The number of required downloads has increased by 2 - I'd forgotten that the NPV_Maroon coaches needed the GUV_Patch and the Chain Coupling Patch.

Tomorrow I get a different type of train activity - we are going to the Dean Forest Railway for the day. I haven't been there for a couple of years and look forward to seeing the improvements since my last visit. The dog has been promised a forest walk if he behaves himself on the train. My wife will also get to see where I did my Branchline Experience Day - a 60th birthday present from my family.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:39 pm

Hi All,

Day out at the Dean Forest Railway was very successful. The weather was perfect, the dog managed to get his legs suitably muddy and his two minders enjoyed themselves both on and off the train. It has made a lovely change to do a real railway activity instead of one on a computer.

Small Prairie 5541 is back in steam after a lengthy overhaul and looks superb. The exhaust is very crisp, a joy to hear and 4 coaches were pulled effortlessly with rapid acceleration. If you're ever in that area the railway is well worth a visit.

Time now to think about what activity to create next, any requests?

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:51 am

Hi Stephen,5541 is a great engine,the small Prairie's are a great favourite of mine both on MSTS and in Reality. Very Happy 

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 15 Jul 2014, 6:19 pm

Hi All,

I have uploaded another activity for the Bristol to Birmingham Route. This one is much simpler, shorter and requires much less downloads.

Roger, Thanks for the comment. My next activity stars 5541, but on the BrisCard route doing a test service after a fictitious overhaul at Cardiff. It will then return to it's normal base at Machynlleth. Would you also like it to have an activity on the Cambrian Route?

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Tue 15 Jul 2014, 6:24 pm

Hi Stephen,there's only one answer to that "Yes Please". Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:00 pm

Hi Roger,

Will happen in due course.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 21 Jul 2014, 10:35 pm

Hi All,

The activity using small prairie 5541 is nearly finished and should be uploaded soon. For various reasons MSTS activity creation has taken a back burner this last week and may continue like that for a while yet. However my offer to Roger has not been forgotten and I will try and produce something soon.

Also in the near future I have been thinking about 1 or 2 more for the SCP Route which should keep happy those who don't like downloading masses of stock. Although my activities aren't always stock and service perfect I do like to have them somewhere near it. With this in mind I will be grateful for any information on the Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow shuttles, particularly motive power, coaches and station stops, remembering that I will only be using the stock supplied on the cd.

Thank you in advance,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 28 Jul 2014, 2:28 pm

Hi All,

Another week has flown by and time for another update.

S - SS Cardiff_Abedare was uploaded and as no comments good or bad I assume it runs satisfactorily on other peoples computers.
Whilst I told Roger I would create another activity using 5541 on the Cambrian Route this will have to wait a little while as I'm going back to SCP to create a few activities, not only for those who like the route, but also those who can't or are unwilling to download extra stock needed on some other routes. These will be a series of Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley shuttles. As I understand it these in the diesel days were done in pull/push mode. As there is no suitable DVT or Cab view on the cd these will all be loco hauled. There will be some steam versions as well. Hopefully one or two of them will be finished before the end of the month and the rest in August turning "June & July 2014 are MSTS months" into (for me) "June & July 2014 are MSTS months+August".

Regards,

Stephen

StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Tue 29 Jul 2014, 9:04 pm

Hi Stephen

When the diesel hauled push pull services between Waverley and Queen St first started they had a class 27 both ends of the train,it was only after Scot Rail introduced the 47 on the service that they converted some BSO into BSOD's

Mike

mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 30 Jul 2014, 9:08 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information. I had used a Class 26 on my services and as there's a slightly greater choice of Class26's over the Class27 on the cd I shall probably leave things as they are. Something to think about while I'm out shopping this morning.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 30 Jul 2014, 12:02 pm

Hi Mike,

Having done the shopping I've looked again at the available diesels. To keep the power about right the engine on the rear would have to be DIT and on the cd there is only one and that is a Class24 which, although looks similar, doesn't really match so I shall probably leave things as they are.

Update from earlier - as the class 25's and 24's are very similar looking I shall try a 25 on the front and a 24 DIT on the rear. The BD Class 25 is also more powerful than the SC Class26 which gives a better driving experience.

With a bit of luck I should get this first Edinburgh_Glasgow Activity finished today and uploaded. The rest will obviously have to wait until August and maybe September.

Regards,

Stephen

Last edited by StephenRWells on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating earlier post)
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:58 am

Hi All,

I spent a fair bit of time yesterday experimenting with different combinations of motive power and rear engine. So far I have concentrated on the fast service from Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street using 6 coaches - this is the maximum that will fit in the larger intermediate stations. The supplied BD Class25 gives reasonable performance with nothing on the rear; put a DIT Class24 on the rear and it really struggles ( same performance as a SC Class26 with no rear engine ); put a #Class24 on the rear and the power is much too high so I have reverted to a BD Class 25 + 6 coaches only. However, for the ai services I have left the DIT Class24 on the rear as it gives better realism and it also makes no difference to my original timings.

The result has been that I was unable to finish this activity ready to be available for today - sorry for any disappointment. It should be finished either today or tomorrow and then I can start on the others.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:44 am

Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry but if you want realism then it's either a 26 or 27 at the front and a 26 or 27 at the rear,class 24\25 were never used on the these services.

Mike

mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:48 pm

mikehendle wrote:Hi Stephen,

I'm sorry but if you want realism then it's either a 26 or 27 at the front and a 26 or 27 at the rear,class 24\25 were never used on the these services.

Mike

Sorry Mike, I have to correct you on that. The push-pulls, which came in around 1971 were exclusively class 27s. One end a 27/1 and on the other a 27/2 (which provided train heating). They did this for just under a decade until 47/7s took over.

Prior to the 27s, it was Class 126 DMUs that ran the services.

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:40 pm

Hi Mike and Niall,

Thanks for the information. The only reason I put a Class24 on the rear was that it is the only DIT that is similar to the Class25/26. Don't forget I only use stock supplied on the cd. Putting an ai engine on the rear affected the way the activity worked in a negative way. I have just done a few tests using the two Class27's supplied and will change the relevant consists to diesel at the front only.

As there aren't any Class126's on the cd then I shall have to use a Class101 for a future version.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 01 Aug 2014, 9:55 pm

Hi All,

Testing of this activity complete and has now been uploaded and waiting approval.

Enjoy the drive,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 01 Aug 2014, 10:37 pm

Stephen
All of your recent activities look good, and I look forward to driving them at a later date. It's unfortunate that the Class 126s can't be used, and I may look to amend a consist to use them.
You have done a good job of supporting the recent MSTS event and I would take this opportunity of thanking you.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 4:13 pm

Hi Stephen,
Sorry to report a couple of problems with the installer for the S - Edinburgh Waverley_Glasgow Queen Street Diesel Fast activity.

1. The 'default' installation location is shown as : C:\scp_MiniRoute\Train Simulator\S - EdinburghW_GlasgowQS Diesel Fast
2. The TRAINS/CONSISTS folder is placed in the ROUTES folder

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Apologies, but I've found a further error!! The consists are not in Unicode format.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 03 Aug 2014, 5:35 pm

Hi Ged,

Thanks for pointing out the error in the installation route - I must have been asleep when I was setting up the installer. I will re upload the main file.

I don't know what is wrong with the consists format - using my master activity folder I can open and read the consists using both notepad and Context as normal. Has it affected running the activity? Some of the consists have been used in other activities without any reported problems.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 6:03 pm

Hi Stephen,
NotePad and ConText will display them without problem, even if they aren't in Unicode format.  I apologise, but I made an assumption based on the fact that Route-Riter didn't recognise them as consists and reported them as missing, even after I had copied them into the correct location.  I have examined one of them closely and can't see any problem, but I'm still looking!

Further looking involved running the activity. It runs without problem!! So, I'm really puzzled now, because R-R still reports the consists as missing!??

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 03 Aug 2014, 6:28 pm

Hi Ged,

My copy of R-R also lists the consists as missing and I can't remember if I used it to check the activity like I normally do. I did use Convoi to modify some of the consists used and that didn't report any problems. I have re-done the installer and will edit the upload accordingly. I shall wait to see what you find before changing anything else.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 7:36 pm

Hi Stephen,
Many apologies  Embarassed Embarassed 
Route-Riter reported missing consists because it wasn't set up correctly to read the SCP MiniRoute - a VERY stupid mistake, so I'm sorry to cause you unnecessary grief!!

I suppose it's a lesson to be learnt - even if R-R shows the correct folders and files in the left-hand window, that's not necessarily what it's actually checking!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 03 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm

Hi Ged,

No problem - I must have made the same mistake as well.

New version of the activity uploaded and awaiting approval; fingers crossed it's right this time.

regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 03 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm

Sorry to be a bit thick,but I ran this activity and it seemed to work fine,apart from the Train Brakes,The loco brake comes on when you press the "[" key,which should be the release ,the "]" key appears to do nothing,therefore loco brake can only be released with the Mouse.It also appears that the Keyboard will not work the Train Brake,"on or off".
So do you think this could be something to do with my PC,or maybe have I downloaded SCP incorrectly.I have not come across this problem as yet with any of the other Activities. regards Roger Sad

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm

Hi Roger,
Are you running SCP as a mini-route?  If not, you've probably run the .apk file.  
The original problems I had are concerning the installer (.exe) file only, which most people will use to install the activity into the mini-route.

Your problem with the brakes might be caused by your PC setup - do they work all right for other routes? Maybe you've changed your key assignments - see Options > Keyboard on MSTS first screen.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sun 03 Aug 2014, 9:31 pm

Spot on Ged,though I cannot see how I did alter them.All up and running now.

Another question though,if I may,Do I need to go into the Routes folder now and "Copy" the consists folder back to the Place its meant to be (if so how),many regards Roger. Very Happy Question Very Happy

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 9:52 pm

Hi Roger,
If you've run the activity and had no problem, then everything must be in their correct locations!

Following your post, I have discovered that as well as a Trains/Consists folder being included in the Routes folder, it is also included in its correct location! Therefore, you need do nothing with the one in the Routes folder, except, maybe, delete it Smile

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 04 Aug 2014, 7:56 am

Thanks for that,Regards. Very Happy 

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm

Hi Stephen,
After my negative reports on the installer, I thought I'd better come back and say thank you for an excellent activity (S - Edinburgh Waverley_Glasgow Queen Street Diesel Fast)!
Sufficient AI and station stops to keep it interesting, and, at just under an hour, not too long. The only problems I had were getting to grips with the braking and, as a consequence, overshot a couple of stations!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Mon 04 Aug 2014, 6:40 pm

Hi Ged,

Thanks for the positive comments. I too had problems with the brakes so I did allow a bit more time to stop at the stations.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 06 Aug 2014, 9:14 pm

Hi All,

I started the DMU version using a Class 101 ( as no Class 126 provided ) on a stopping service. I ran it through, including some ai traffic, but it didn't feel right and I can't put my finger on it. So I'm taking a short break from activity creation and having a few days driving instead - I've a lot of activities on various routes that I haven't yet driven as well as wanting to drive some of my favourites. Sorry to disappoint those who are waiting for my next offering - there will be more soon, but don't ask me when.

Meanwhile I hope you continue to enjoy what I have produced so far.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:39 am

Hi All,

Having spent a week or so rediscovering the joys of routes I haven't used for some time, including BalaHub, BurtonDerby and Cambrian to name but three, I have now returned to activity creation on the SCP. Two are now in final stages of testing and should be uploaded hopefully at the weekend. There is a steam version of Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street Diesel Fast and also a DMU stopping service. I have found out why the DMU version felt wrong - I'd used the same basic path as the Diesel Fast, but I'd moved the starting point further down the platform to keep the ai traffic in better view whilst waiting departure time. This, of course, ruined the way the Diesel Fast and the new Steam Fast activity started, so the DMU now starts from a different platform. Hopefully, I've used suitable stock for the steam version - no doubt someone will tell me if I've got it wrong.

There will be one or two going from Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley probably towards the end of next month.

As with all previous SCP activities these only use stock as supplied on the cd. However, as a personal preference the Class 101 now has a manual gearbox, 1st Gen DMU v2 sound and DMUGen1 v3 cabview. Having ridden just behind the driver on heritage railways this, to me, makes for much more realistic driving.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:30 pm

Hi Stephen,
from Waverly to Glasgow it would be Queen Street and the loco would be a B1,
If you are going to Glasgow Central then you would go from Edinburgh Princes St,loco a Black 5.
Glasgow Queen St to Aberdeen via Stirling,Perth and Dundee in the later years of steam were hauled by cascaded A4 pacific's

Mike

mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:21 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information - my Waverley to Queen Street uses a B1 so I got that right!! I have used a 4MT for the ai stopping services which only use 4 coaches as opposed the 6 by the B1 - sizes are dictated by platform length. Incidentally I love the sound for the B1. A steam Glasgow Central to Princes Street is under consideration at the moment; however, I intend to finish the Waverley to Queen Street set first and then possibly 1 or 2 fairly simple freight activities.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Thu 21 Aug 2014, 9:12 am

Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure if there is a Clan Class loco in the SCP loco pack,if it is you could use that instead of a Black 5 on the Glasgow Central to Edinburgh Princes Street train,it would probably a 8 coach train.

If I remeber rightly there is a line coming in from Carstairs to Edinburgh Princes Street,you could always do a Express or Local train to or from Carstairs,some Anglo Scottish Trains split at Carstairs,one portion going to Glasgow the other Edinburgh.

Loco's for these trains, Duchess,Jubilee,Black 5, Std 5 and class 40 Diesel.

Mike

mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I've filed the information away for future reference as it will September or October before I start on anything between Glasgow Central and Edinburgh Princes Street.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:13 am

Hi All,

The latest 2 activities have just been uploaded over at UKTS.

They are :- S - Edinburgh Waverley_Glasgow Queen Street Steam Fast
S - Edinburgh Waverley_Glasgow Queen Street DMU Slow

As stated in the previous posts both use only stock from the cd.

Enjoy,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Fri 12 Sep 2014, 9:13 am

Hi all,

As others have noted the forums have been very quiet recently so here is a quick update from me.

Following my last 2 activity uploads I continued driving activities on various routes before going on holiday ( name, place & narrow gauge railway the same - any guesses where?) where the two of us + dog had a lovely time. Now we're back I have returned to activity creation, one of which is now in final testing and 2 more started. I often have about 2 on the go as it helps with frustration when something doesn't work as planned. All are again on SCP.

I have also noted the imminent release of the new Withered Arm which I am looking forward to.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:19 am

Hi Stephen,
                   It is nice that you have been making activities for the SCP, on which Don and I spent quite a few years building it. I know you made quite a few activities last year and I have them installed in my copy of the route. So thank you for that! I'm afraid I'm not very good with the activity editor, except for setting up simple activities, including AI traffic, so I do appreciate your contribution, by making more activities for this route. And, for all the other routes you have been making activities for as well. Keep up the good work Stephen, you like many others, are helping to keep MSTS alive.
Regards
Geoff

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Tue 07 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm

Hi All,

Thanks Geoff for you kind comments - they are much appreciated. I am the opposite of you as I am not very good with the RE. When driving I do, however, like to see level crossing gates working as I approach so one of the first thing I do with a new route is to alter the gate timings appropriately. After all what's the point of having them if you don't see them work - I know in real life the driver won't see them move but this is MSTS!

Activity creation since my last post has been frustrating as things wouldn't work the way I wanted them to so I went back to driving. Now I'm back and one activity is finished and just needs packaging for upload. The other should only need one more run though to complete plus packaging. Both are for SCP and, as usual, only use the supplied stock. Both go between Glasgow and Edinburgh but on the two different routes.

Where I go from here I don't yet know - like others I'm waiting for some of the new/upgraded routes to be available. Some of my favourite routes already plenty of activities so it is unlikely that I will produce more for them. However, as they say, watch this space!

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next