Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to launch the Potteries(NSR) route in MSTS

2 posters

Go down

Unable to launch the Potteries(NSR) route in MSTS Empty Unable to launch the Potteries(NSR) route in MSTS

Post  rufuskins Sun 19 Nov 2023, 4:59 pm

Can anyone point me to the solution to the above. I have installed the route in accordance with the "readme" and used all three patches.
When I use either TrainStore or MSTS direct it shows a greyed out screen.
I have carried out numerous checks including RouteRiter, MSTS_Check and SMS_Checker.
When I open the MSTS route editor it also fails to load saying that an item in the REF file is not in the route's Shapes folder. This is named as lampyard01_40ftx2.s!
I note that there is an s file named LampYard01_40'.s!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Unable to launch the Potteries(NSR) route in MSTS Empty Re: Unable to launch the Potteries(NSR) route in MSTS

Post  slipperman12 Sun 19 Nov 2023, 6:04 pm

Hi Alec,
I installed this route way back in January and have just run it in MSTS through my MSTS_Swap utility.  I don't use TrainStore..
I have absolutely no problem opening it in Explore mode - everything looks OK.
The .ref file does, indeed, contain entries for lampyard01_40'.s and lampyard01_40ftx2.s but only the former is included in the route's shape folder. Route_Riter reports no errors.

Regarding the "greyed out screen", have you, with respect, installed all the files 2 to 11?

I, too, get the same message  when starting the RE, but it's only a warning and doesn't stop it loading.  As far as I know, the .ref file isn't used when running as a sim.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Unable to launch the Potteries(NSR) route in MSTS Empty Re: Unable to launch the Potteries(NSR) route in MSTS

Post  rufuskins Sun 19 Nov 2023, 10:23 pm

Hi Ged
This route is now working!
I had installed the route using the V2 folders downloaded from UKTS in 2019 a few days ago, and then applying the three (3) patch folders from TSSH a few days ago! It was this installation that failed to work.
Rather than do any more research on this installation I kicked it into touch.
This evening I downloaded the V2 folders (1 to 11 plus the three(3) patches) from TSSH, and installed everything to a new installation. There were a few minor errors thrown up by both RouteRiter and SMS Checker, which I corrected but I suspect were in folders not used by the Potteries Loop Line.
Unfortunately my brain doesn't work so well these days, and that may have had some affect on this episode!
Regards, Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down