Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Route to MSTS

3 posters

Go down

Mini Route to MSTS Empty Mini Route to MSTS

Post  neanderthal Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:27 pm

Ignore the title as I could't actually think of one to cover what I'm trying to say,so what I'm asking is "is it possible to download a Mini route into my Train Sim proper",i.e. no longer as a mini route.
Why ? well to be honest I've got 3 mini routes none of which run smoothly,and I'm determined to get Dorset Coast V6 and the (New) Mid East Plus,both of which even I can see are going to be massive.
Knowing that my P.C. is about the same age as a caveman I expect it is well beyond being top spec,but I have no trouble with running Dorset Coast without having to turn down the settings,even though I still have the Great Eastern and Greater Eastern still loaded ready for use,any advice you can give would be truly appreciated.....

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mini Route to MSTS Empty Re: Mini Route to MSTS

Post  rufuskins Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

Firstly both Mid East Plus and Dorset Coast V6 will only be available as UKTS Community DVDs. Therefore when they are installed they are automatically Mini Routes and are best run from Mini Loader, which is the equivalent to TrainStore for a typical MSTS installation, and they will both come with their own trainsets and consists.
My best guess at this stage is that once installed on your system that you try to run them as Mini Routes, and if that proves difficult then it will be necessary to copy the relevant Mini Route folders into your main MSTS folder.
As I am currently at work I need to check to see what folders go where, unless A N OTHER can give some guidance.
I would strongly recommend that you back up your main MSTS folder just in case, or alternatively create a fresh MSTS install with all the relevant add-ons as suggested in the Steam4me tutorial before attempting a major transfer.
Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:37 pm

Thank's Alec,as I said I will be buying both as soon as they become available,also as I respect the good advice I have received from you and other members of this forum in the past I will certainly try them both as mini routes first,so there's no need for you to go to any trouble at this moment in time.
Hopefully they will work for me,but if not I will ask again as they are proof that MSTS is not the dead dog a lot of people seem to think,maybe I will have to ask santa for an expensive present this Christmas. Please santa .

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

Hi Roger,
Using Mini-Routes greatly reduces the resources needed of MSTS when running an activity, as I'm sure you're well aware Smile

If you're having problems running Mini-Routes, may I suggest that you post details (unless you have done so already Embarassed ) and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

If you're using Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 and your MSTS is in Program Files (x86) (or Program Files if you're running a 32 bit OS) you will have constant problems, unless you've set the permissions correctly.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:29 pm

Hello Ged, I have indeed been given a lot of assistance before on UKTS with this subject,its just that I can't understand why I can have 3 or 4 large routes running through Train Store all at once so to speak but always end up with the judders when I use a Mini route even though on the last occasion I had Uninstalled everything down to the defaults.The one mini route that appeared to work was "North Wales Coast" which only had problems around Chester,that confuses me because Dorset Coast runs perfectly,even through Clapham,without having to turn the settings down.
Thanks for your input,and as the saying goes I'm still going to "Go For It".
P.S. I'm still on XP,tried Windows 7 but didn't like it.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:52 pm

Hi Roger,
I know what you mean about Win 7 Smile
When I first changed from XP, it was a bit of a culture shock, but I wouldn't go back now! I feel sure MSTS runs better than it did under XP, although I have had a couple of PC changes since the XP days, so I'm not comparing like with like.

Regarding problems around Chester on NWC, I think we all do! I believe it's down to the number of assets on that tile.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down