Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSTS Crashing after installing Aerosoft route

2 posters

Go down

MSTS Crashing after installing Aerosoft route Empty MSTS Crashing after installing Aerosoft route

Post  sbowness Wed 15 Apr 2015, 7:56 am

I've just installed Aerosoft's London Brighton route to provide sound files for another route's activities. However, since doing that, I'm now getting CTDs (Crashes to Desktop) for a number of other routes (MT's Scottish Capital Express included).

I do have nightly backups saved, the last at 0400 this morning. These will be of a Train Stored set up.

What process should I follow to restore? If I uninstall the Aerosoft route using the installer, should that help by itself or will simply restoring the whole lot from backup suffice. Will Train Store detect that I'm going to a stored configuration and pick it up?

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

MSTS Crashing after installing Aerosoft route Empty Re: MSTS Crashing after installing Aerosoft route

Post  sbowness Wed 15 Apr 2015, 8:07 am

Just like that, problem solved.

An ancient tsection.dat had been installed. Restored it to v44 and away we go again.

However, for my own education, what would my restore plan be, please?

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

MSTS Crashing after installing Aerosoft route Empty Re: MSTS Crashing after installing Aerosoft route

Post  Markh5682 Wed 15 Apr 2015, 1:44 pm

Hi Stephen.

Here is some advice on keeping up to date with your tsection.dat file from Alec's " Helpful Facts and Links for MSTS" section.

https://tsforum.forumotion.net/t178-msts-helpful-facts-and-links-part-18-keeping-up-to-date-with-your-tsection-dat-by-mark-holding.

It's always best to check it after installing a new route (especially payware routes) to make sure you still have the latest version.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  sbowness Wed 15 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm

Thanks Mark

I've been caught out with that before but never had it crash so early in the process. It had installed v21 so it was particularly ancient. Thankfully I found a trainsim.com thread that answered the question before I did some rash restoring.

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down