Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed to build a level crossing

2 posters

Go down

Help needed to build a level crossing Empty Help needed to build a level crossing

Post  docmartin Fri 03 Feb 2023, 2:20 pm

I need help with building a working model of a custom-sized level crossing. I can build a static non-functioning model in TSM without problem. However, I cannot find any useful tutorials on how to make the gates operate in MSTS/Open Rails. I know about the naming conventions for the individual gates but have no idea how to set pivot points or how to animate the gates correctly.

Can someone help me?

DocMartin
docmartin
docmartin

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Help needed to build a level crossing Empty Re: Help needed to build a level crossing

Post  Cityrail-Rulez Tue 31 Oct 2023, 5:44 am

It's been a while since I've modelled in TSM! Even though I have it installed, so I tried animating a gate without any success. I know exactly how to create the animations in TSM. But I can't test if it's working or not as the ANI. button will not immediately activate after adding the animation frames under the properties for the object I need to animate.

You only need to add rotation, but the Axis needs to be in the correct location too. Enter side view, then enable the move button. Hold shift and move the axis in the Z direction, to put it into position.

The gate MUST be in an opened position before you animate it and parented to Main 'I assume, you know how to parent' then enter the Edit Properties, name the gate 'GATE1' in MSTS naming conventions exists. I got the gate name from the level crossing 'crossing16ft.s' file which is packaged within a few NSW Australian routes.

While in the Edit Properties window, click on the animate button to enter your key frames. The would normally be typed in the 'X' axis. All the other buttons gives it away on what they do in TSM Wink Best of luck!!!

If however, your still having issues. Dump TSM altogether and move your models into 3d Crafter 10 http://amabilis.com/ don't ask me how to use this software Laughing Laughing You can however, convert your models to obj format and load them into Blender 2.79b Cool Cool Cool Don't forget when completing your animation key frames, make sure to change the animation in the graph editor to linear, otherwise it's going to be some funky animation in MSTS/Open Rails

Edit: If you don't have Blender 2.79b here's where you can find it https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/ I don't know if there's any MSTS exporter for Blender 2.80 or higher.. But I do know that you can find the Blender 2.79b MSTS exporter on trainsim.com

Alternatively, you could use Gmax!!

Cityrail-Rulez

Back to top Go down