Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice Needed related to some MT packages

3 posters

Go down

Advice Needed related to some MT packages Empty Advice Needed related to some MT packages

Post  drivertwopointnull Wed 05 Jan 2022, 4:56 pm

Hello,

I am an Open Rails user and i have bought a few routes off Ebay expecting there to be a license inside the dvd box or in the adobe manual on the dvd. However there is not, i have tried to install using the cd on a friends pc(mine dont have a cd rom)but ut will not run, only says install will not run on windows nxt.
Therefore i am a little lost as the downloaded files from here all need a license to unlock and i can not install from the bought dvd. What should i do? Is there any way to get in touch with the creator of the MT packs?

drivertwopointnull

Back to top Go down

Advice Needed related to some MT packages Empty Re: Advice Needed related to some MT packages

Post  slipperman12 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 6:06 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the Forum Smile
None of the MT downloads from this site require a licence to unlock.
If you are installing from an MT Disk, then, if it's legitimate, the CD/DVD case will include a manual; the installation code will either be on the front cover of the manual, or on a sticker in the case.
If the manuals are missing, I suggest you get in touch with the Ebay seller.

You should be aware that some of the older MSTS add-ons won't install under Windows 10. Please give details of exactly what you're having problems with and we'll do our best to help.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Advice Needed related to some MT packages Empty Re: Advice Needed related to some MT packages

Post  drivertwopointnull Wed 05 Jan 2022, 6:22 pm

The cases even got seal stickers on them, yet inside was only a small card with install instructions on them. I am pretty sure it is a legit dvd but i think it is a fairly old one with no license or something. There is a manual on the dvd in adobe format but no mention of any license anywhere.
Have a gander here:
Advice Needed related to some MT packages IMG-1163
Advice Needed related to some MT packages IMG-1164
Advice Needed related to some MT packages IMG-1165

drivertwopointnull

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 6:41 pm

Hi,
Seal stickers don't make them legitimate, mate!!
Your images are too small to see any details. Which products are you referring to?

The bottom image seems to show a printed sheet of paper - as far as I remember, no MT products contained anything like that!
... and I don't recognise the cover with the red, blue and black stripes.

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  drivertwopointnull Wed 05 Jan 2022, 6:57 pm

Sorry, heres a bigger version:
Geezer had me for 60 quid on this one:)
Advice Needed related to some MT packages IMG-1163
Advice Needed related to some MT packages IMG-1164
Advice Needed related to some MT packages IMG-1165

drivertwopointnull

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 7:17 pm

Hi,
That's much better, thank you Smile

I didn't recognise it because it appears to be v1.3 whereas mine is v1.0!!  That doesn't help you, I know.  I assume that when you start the installation, you are presented with a screen which asks for a key.  If so, you MUST go back to the seller and if they won't supply you with the key, demand your money back!
£60 quid is a hell of a lot for something which, I think, cost less than £30.  OK, so it has 'rarity' value because it's no longer available, but I think it's a rip-off.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Wed 05 Jan 2022, 7:49 pm

I wonder about the legitimacy of this.

I've had a look at my original Great Eastern product. It was published by First Class Simulations, has a manual in the case and also a sticker with the install code inside the case just below the CD.

Your photo doesn't show a mention of First Class Simulations.

I don't remember MT describing themselves as "THE NEW LIGHT IN RAILWAY SIMULATION" either, but that could just be my faulty memory.

What is the exact message when you try to install it? "install will not run on windows nxt" doesn't make sense to me.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  drivertwopointnull Wed 05 Jan 2022, 7:52 pm

It doesnt ask for a CD-Key, it only refuses to install on "windows nx", got it to install in compatibility mode for win 7 but then it says "can't find MSTS intallation aborted". I dont have MSTS installed as i only use Open Rails. Well, thats just my luck i guess.
Thank you for the replies and willingness to try and help.

drivertwopointnull

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 8:41 pm

Hi Bob,
Happy New Year to you and Penny (I hope I got your good lady's name right!).

Yes, my Great Eastern route has First Class Simulations on it, with the MT logo, but it was v1.0  The poster's version appears to be v1.3, which would be the final version because I've got patches up to v1.3.
I think the error may have been "Windows NT" or "Windows NTx" which means it won't run in Win 10. That seems a little odd because I've just successfully installed my CD into Win 10 without any problem, except that it went rather slowly!!

@drivertwopointnull : I would suspect that it is not a legitimate MT product as you seem to be able to start the installation without a key. However, I think you'll need to set up a 'dummy' MSTS Registry entry for it to install fully.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  drivertwopointnull Wed 05 Jan 2022, 9:22 pm

Yes i installed MSTS and that made it work, finally go tit installed. Thank you!
In the future when i buy from Ebay i will try to make sure it is a legit copy. I was certain this one was, seller has 100%rating.

drivertwopointnull

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 9:34 pm

Hi,
I'm pleased you've got it sorted. Smile

It may be legitimate, but it doesn't seem to be the normal way that Making Tracks issued their routes. Note that the label says "Not for resale" so by charging £60 (!!!) for it, the seller is breaking the rules!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down