Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faulty Activity -some stock missing

4 posters

Go down

Faulty Activity -some stock missing Empty Faulty Activity -some stock missing

Post  sbowness Sat 21 Mar 2015, 2:14 am

Gents

I've made one of those newbie mistakes and installed a couple of activities for the Yorkshire Coast route without realising that I didn't have all of the stock and some of it is no longer available:

Faulty Consist class 101 2 car.con is missing Locomotive Class101\Class101A.eng

Faulty Consist class 101 2 car.con is missing Locomotive Class101\Class101C.eng

Faulty Activity night coastal run.act, is missing Wagon JGA\JGA2.wag

Faulty Activity night coastal run.act, is missing Locomotive 56104_coal\#56104.eng

Faulty Activity night coastal run.act, is missing Locomotive 47146_RfD\#47146_RfD.eng
However a locomotive with the same name exists at UK_Diesel_BR_Class47_47146\#47146_RfD.eng

Faulty Activity night coastal run.act, is missing Locomotive 37416EW&S\#37416EW&S.eng

What are my options? Presumably I can simply delete the activities but I presume I'll need to delete the dodgy consists as well. Alternatively, I could fix the consists. I have 47146_RfD in another directory and alternative Class101 stock, but does anyone know where I could locate the other missing stock, please?

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Faulty Activity -some stock missing Empty Re: Faulty Activity -some stock missing

Post  Scampispeedway Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm

Hi Stephen, you need the following files from UKTS for that act, No.4 5664,
No.5 4555 and for the 37416EW&S use 6372.
Any Class 101 DMU will do and you need to edit the consist to match the folder
and new .eng files that are used.
I've looked at the Activity file and cannot see the loose consist that uses this
wagon and I don't have it my Trainset folder so I'm puzzled why it is reported as
missing.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Faulty Activity -some stock missing Empty Re: Faulty Activity -some stock missing

Post  Scampispeedway Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:39 pm

Hi Stephen, looking at my Activity Analyser sheet for that Act, I now see why
I couldn't find the JGA wagons.
It is because I changed it and used MTWW_JRA_TR_Spoil instead and the only file
that comes near it is File ID 11614, ie tiphook JRA wagons, looking in my download
Freight files I didn't have that one so I must have got them from Making Tracks site
earlier on.
The Class 101 DMU is not used in this Act as you are driving File ID 8856 an Arriva
Class 156 DMU and further checks on the other sheets reveal that is only requested
for one Activity but in reality you don't need it.
This Activity says it needs File ID 11408 but I will check to see if it is still available
after posting this information.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  sbowness Sun 22 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm

Hi Bob

Thanks for that. I'll wait for your final update.

I've found the JRA wagons. They're available in MT's Free Stock Friday repository.

In terms of editing the consist, is there an easy guide that you can point me to, please? I've got RR.

Just for my education, what's the difference between those items that begin with a hash and those that don't, please?

Cheers

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Sun 22 Mar 2015, 7:48 pm

Hi
The difference between the 2 are the ones with a # are AI loco's those with out are player loco's if you have route riter you can make AI eng files.
Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  sbowness Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:06 pm

Thanks Mike.

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:40 pm

Hi Stephen, if you want to change an existing consist without using any tools, simply click on the Consist File
to open it and look at the line starting with either EngineData or WagonData followed a gap and then a
opening bracket ( followed by another gap.
After this is the engine or wagon file name another gap and then the Folder Name another gap and the line is
ended with a closing bracket ).
So for instance you wished to change to another engine that you've got from one you don't have, you would do
this :- old line  EngineData ( JTCWR_66001 JTCWT_66001 ) change this to
EngineData ( JTCWR_66002 JTCWT_66002 )
after making all the necessary changes, just save the consist keeping the name the same and when you load up
MSTS it now uses the amended consist.
Remember that if the engine or wagon file or Folder has a gap in its name that part must be enclosed within
 " ", so that for say you want to use engine JTCWR 66003 it must written as " JTCWR 66003 " in the
EngineData line and the same rule applies with any WagonData line that has a gap in the name.
I have used this method many times and had no trouble.

Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm

Hi Bob,
so that for say you want to use engine JTCWR 66003 it must written as " JTCWR 66003 " in the
EngineData line
Sorry, mate, a slight, but very important, correction to the above - "JTCWR 66003" (ie no space to the right of left-hand quotes and to the left of right-hand quotes, otherwise the file will not be found!)

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  sbowness Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:06 am

Thanks gents.

I'll take a look later in the week. I believe that there's a way to fix these using RR as well. I must take a look at the manual.

Stephen
sbowness
sbowness

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:59 am

Hi Ged, after looking at all the consists to find one that used a file that contained a space in the file name, you
are correct and there should be no gap at the start and end in the " ".
So where I originally put  " JTCWR 66003 " should of course be "JTCWR 66003", it took a while to find one
this morning after you pointed out my error and I should have made sure before posting first time.

Sorry
Bob
Scampispeedway
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down