Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help required

3 posters

Go down

Help required Empty Help required

Post  rufuskins Sat 16 Feb 2013, 11:36 am

I seem to have acquired some sort of unwanted routine, so that every so often when I click on something like "view posts since last visit" an advert pops up! This has also happened on UKTS, etc.
I've added AdBlock to my Chrome but that hasn't stpped that although it does prevent the banner on this site and others. I've run my antivirus and Malwarebytes but ads keep on intermittently coming up .
I shall keep on looking for a solution but if anyone can offer advice I'd be most grateful.
Alec

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Help required Empty Re: Help required

Post  j3801 Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm

Alec, I get that on my computer too.

Unfortunately I haven't found a cure except clicking on the close window box as soon as it pops up. Rolling Eyes
I think it because to access certain websites we need the browsers built in "pop up blocker" turned off,
that these few ads get through. At least it isn't 10 or more opening at once (I had that problem on an older machine).

Justin

Help required Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Justin. This has only just started - on Thursday when I was trying to watch a football match on line and the screen was full of small ads, etc. I don't remember clicking on anything other than those buttons related to the match.
I already do what you say, but it can be very annoying because occasional ones are less than decent!
I shall keep on looking for a solution.
Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sat 16 Feb 2013, 7:46 pm

A couple of things to try are to make sure that Pop-Up Blocker is enabled in IE and also try checking for anything untoward in Add/Remove Programs..
Let me know if you find anything. I don't get this problem, but it might be that you have downloaded something and got some Adaware?
Cheers
Andy
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 16 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

I'll have a look at that, although I have already looked at the add/remove area.

Thanks for the tips, Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 17 Feb 2013, 3:28 pm

After some head scratching and adding to the blue tinge in the area of the computer, I eventually did a restore to before 14 Feb. That was the date that this problem started, and so far it has worked.
Alec

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down