Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biscard V6 Activities.

3 posters

Go down

Biscard V6 Activities. Empty Biscard V6 Activities.

Post  andrew moody Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Hello Everyone.
I have just downloaded version 6 of this route from UKTS and to my amazement it downloaded without any problem.
I do not have any previous versions, and I understand that version 5 has been removed.
Do or would activities for version 5 work on my version 6? or am I restricted to the post version 6 acts?
As yet although I have downloaded acts going back to 2008, I have so far not attempted to install any acts, and I would like some advice before proceeding please.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Biscard V6 Activities. Empty Re: Biscard V6 Activities.

Post  gswindale Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi

Activities for v5 should work ok. Those built for earlier versions may not unless you've got the paths patch that Bob Latimer (I think) uploaded a while back.

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Thanks Geoffery.
Hmmm might have a look on Trainsim com then, but I understand that all the version 5 acts work OK on V6.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi Andy.

My paths patch is now over at trainsim.com. Just search for "Briscard" and it will show up. Just make sure you head the warning about not dumping all of the paths into your paths folder. If you do, MSTS will take an age to load. Just use the ones that you need to replace those from the older version activity installations.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Bob Latimer wrote:Hi Andy.
My paths patch is now over at trainsim.com. Just search for "Briscard" and it will show up. Just make sure you head the warning about not dumping all of the paths into your paths folder. If you do, MSTS will take an age to load. Just use the ones that you need to replace those from the older version activity installations.Bob.
Hi Bob.
Have visited TS Com Misc files and "found it in one go" It is currently sitting on my desktop.
I am lead to belive that all version 5 acts work correctly with new version 6, I have downloaded a handful from version 4 but will start with the new ones first.
I take it, that if there is a broken path I will get a "Pop up" message telling me which one it is.But I will only use a path if I actually need it.
Thankyou very much.
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Andy,

It's been a while since I tried to run anything with a broken path but my recollection is that there's no pop-up message, the activity just won't start.

One way to approach it is to install one or more previous version activities and then go into the activity editor and check to see if any of the paths have "(broken path)" next to them in the paths drop-down list. Then look for the path of the same name in my collection and copy it into the Briscard paths folder.

Another way is to dump the lot into your Briscard paths folder, allowing overwrites, and then run the "Check all activities" routine in Route Riter. Once it's finished, hit the "Unused Services Consists" button at the bottom and then select all of the paths in the "Unused Paths" column, right click on them and choose "Move Paths". That will put them in a Spare Paths folder in your Paths folder and MSTS will ignore them.

If you need any help with either of these, just ask.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down