Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route

+8
slipperman12
gswindale
NiallGray
casperdog
Markh5682
Bob Latimer
rufuskins
35005CP
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Empty Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route

Post  35005CP Fri 07 Nov 2014, 3:13 pm

Hi guys,
Well thanks a lot Alec for giving me the idea about the possibility of doing a Route. I have looked at various things in order to make a start on the MSTS Route.
First things first, before I make a start; I have a couple of questions if I may to the more experienced Route makers?? I am thinking of installing MSTS into a new Installation folder. But in order to get this to work, what else will I need to reinstall with it?? I currently have my main MSTS installed into C:\MSTS, so I am thinking of Installing the new version away into something like C:\MSTS_MHR. (Midhants Railway)
Will I need another copy of Route Riter/TrainStore/MSTSBin/Newroads etc.... And what else will I need - If anything at all??
Sorry for all the questions, but Alec has given me the bug for this now....
Also, will I need to download much more else from Uktrainsim, such as Track packages etc???
Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions. I hope someone can point me in the right direction?
Many Thanks
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Empty Re: Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route

Post  rufuskins Fri 07 Nov 2014, 5:18 pm

In terms of MSTS_Bin and NewRoads they will need to be installed into your new MSTS. With reference to Route Riter you can point it to the MSTS installation of your choice.
In the LH Pane you select the MSTS installation of choice, then go to File at the top and click on MSTS Path and then click on Select. All things being equal RR will now point to the alternative MSTS. I use this when pottering with Mini Routes.

I imagine that Train Store may be the same.

However my other "trick" is to rename MSTS installations to the one recognised by RR and TS after renaming the original if you see what I mean.

All the very best with your route work.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Empty Re: Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route

Post  35005CP Fri 07 Nov 2014, 6:24 pm

Thanks Alec! You too! I've spent yesterday and today getting photos of the Signal boxes, stations and surroundings in order to make a start on getting some of the buildings made.
The old Kings Cross bridge that has recently been erected at Ropley should prove to be a challenge. I think there is a concrete bridge in the UKTS library that I might beable to use. From what I can tell and can remember it looks as though Medstead & Four Marks Signal box is the same as the one at Alresford. Have all the photos of the totem signs used at all of the 4 stations.
Also I have the trackwork diagrams, so will start work on pin-pointing and putting the station locations with Google Maps and RGE next week. Then will make a start on modelling for it.
Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer Fri 07 Nov 2014, 6:39 pm

Andy,

Do you use Trainstore? If not, I have an easier way of setting up a "separate" installation.

Create a new Routes_MHR and Trains_MHR in your Train Simulator folder. Out what you will need for your MHR in there.

When you want to work on your MHR, just rename your normal Routes and Trains folders as Routes_Main and Trains_Main, or something like that, and remove the _MHR off the other ones. When you want to switch back, just add back the _MHR to the two folders and remove _Main from the other two.

That way you don't need to worry about pointing anything like Route_Riter at another installation.

I've been using that approach for years and currently have 61 pairs of Routes and Trains folders containing grouping of routes by country and by era.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 07 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I've just had a look at Route Riter and is easy enough to point it to what will be the new MSTS Installation Point. also I do use Trainstore and looks as though you can do the same.
Thanks for the reply anyway. I would like to do with a new Install to enable nothing else to become corrupt on my current MSTS Install.
Hope this makes sense.
Many Thanks
Best Wishes
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Fri 07 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm

Hi Andy.

You are very unlikely to need trainstore in a one route installation, especially during the route building process, you would need a huge amount of stock in the finished route to justify using trainstore, even then it would probably be better to make a miniroute instead.

Good luck with your route. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 07 Nov 2014, 11:48 pm

Thanks Mark - Gonna need it buddy! Not sure why I even mentioned Trainstore yet!  silent
Hopefully I will beable to post any updates & pictures as and when I take the plunge and then ask for advice. I think this is going to be an Interesting thing into the Unkown! So any help/advice/guidance to get this off the ground will definitely be much appreciated.
I need to make sure the platforms can hold 7 mk1 coaches + a bulleid or a 9F in Length.
Cheers all
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat 08 Nov 2014, 12:29 am

One thing I found annoying when track laying was having to keep scrolling through a huge list of track pieces to find the one I wanted, so what I did was capitalise all the track pieces I was going to use in the tsection.dat and lowercase the rest, for example if you are using UKFS then leave all the UKFS capitalised and lowercase everything else, as RE lists all capitalised track pieces first it means the track pieces you need will always be near the top of the list, it takes a bit of time to do but you'll be surprised at how much time and frustration it will save later.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  casperdog Sat 08 Nov 2014, 4:45 pm

Hi Andy,
Another route coming Very Happy .

I also run my MSTS like Bob, although you would be very unlucky (or do something really daft) to mess up MSTS by adding a new route.
Don't forget to make sure you have the default route in your installation as RGE extracts some files.

It sounds like you're starting the right way with using google earth to create the profile of the route. My method is usually placing a 'pin' about .1 of a mile apart naming each one with either the spot height, station, bridge, etc.
Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Google10.

Once you've created it, if you save as a kml file, route riter will convert the file to a marker file. Very handy, but you cant do that until the route is created in RGE.

When you're setting up the tiles in RGE, don't be scared of creating tiles covering a much larger area than your route will cover. Its easier to take excess tiles out (thanks again route riter) than add tiles.

Once you've got your 'snooker table' flat route, you'll need to demex it. If you need some help then, I've got a working version of the free demex + HGT files covering the whole of the UK.

Another Good Luck.
Cheers,
Clive

Thames Trent V3 :30 miles to go.
casperdog
casperdog

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:56 pm

Thanks Clive and apologies... Have only just seen this post.
I have decided to go and Install a separate copy of MSTS on my VMware Player , which I have just resolved the networking issue with. This will enable me to do a clean install with all Xtracks, Route Riter, New Roads, MSTS upgrade to v1.4 and anything else I can think of.....
Today I have added some more points on Google Earth.
So once I have done the above, I gather I have to do the following;

1) Start a New Route in RGE.
2) Using Route Riter to create a MKR file from the Google Earth .KML File.
3) Use Demex and necessary HGT Files? From here I think is where I am going to get stuck and then what I need to do next....

Thanks

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  casperdog Wed 26 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

35005CP wrote:
So once I have done the above, I gather I have to do the following;
1) Start a New Route in RGE.
2) Using Route Riter to create a MKR file from the Google Earth .KML File.
3) Use Demex and necessary HGT Files? From here I think is where I am going to get stuck and then what I need to do next....
Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,

That's right.

I can help with demex'ing the route if you need it or send you the files..

You will want to decide where you are going to start track laying and then move your RE 'start' point to that place. It's unlikely the start tile you set up in RGE is actually where you want to start the route.
Scoot over the route until you find your markers, trace the markers to where you want to start, jot down the co-ordinates and edit the .trk file. (grab attached).
Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Routes10

Then its decision time re. extra downloads needed and what you're going to use:
UKFS or Xtracks
 New Roads or default roads.
 What's needed as scenery.  As TSM is freely available, a lot of custom buildings can be made but there's loads of stuff available on UKTS, Trainsimdotcom and steam4me that has no restriction or permission needed on use( except for commercial gain).

Get all of the preparation in place and you'll find route building a lot more enjoyable.

Cheers
Clive

casperdog
casperdog

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:27 am

Thanks Clive - Looks like I have hit a snowball....VMware Player even after installing MSTS Player and everything else is saying it cannot run due a Graphics Issue...My Laptop runs with an Intel HD3000 driver, so just wondering if installing this on the Virtual Machine might work on XP? (my Laptop is running Windows 7)
It says the following;

"Microsoft Train Simulator has detected that your graphics hardware may be lacking essential features that it needs to run. Please ensure that you have the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturers website"

Not sure if anyone else has tried this or not on VM Player?

Cheers

Andy - (Spent almost a day sorting this out to this stage)

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 02 Dec 2014, 4:23 pm

Hi Clive and everyone,
I have just found a way around my previous issue by copying the Install away from VMware Player (Apparently it has issues using the driver to load games)!!
So what I have done now is copied all the installed files to C:\users\andy\downloads\Train Simulator. I have set up the shortcuts to point here and so far , so good everything is working as it should... I can't foresee any problems unless anyone else can?
My main MSTS Installation is installed to C:\MSTS
I have set up everything as far as I can see in RGE. I have done as far as going into Route Riter and doing the conversion of the .KML file to .mkr. I am now stuck on what to do next??? Can anyone help me at all please? I understand I have to use DEMEX now.....
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:21 pm

Hi everyone,
An update to where I am currently regarding the route. My HUGE thanks goes to Clive (aka Casperdog) for his help and advice of getting me to where I am currently. Just about to download UKTS ID's 18023 & 2463 for the manual, as I am hoping this trackset will be closest to what is on the Midhants. Also been getting some photos and Trackplan together ready for laying of the track. Currently got to Page 52 of Michael Vone's manual for the Track Laying procedure.
Thanks for all your help and advice and guidance so far Clive. Much appreciated. It's with help and patience like this that enables us all to go on and learn something new. Very Happy
I guess where I am up to now is where the fun really starts! I just need to make sure I lay enough track down in order to hold the likes of a Bulleid Pacific and 7 coaches in each platform. And going back when I was volunteering we had 35005 Canadian Pacific Renumbered as 35008 on the 'End of Steam Gala with I think 13 coaches on; held in Alresford Headshunt.
Here is a screenshot to show that all the necessary flags are down from Alresford end and these go all the way to Alton to enable me to locate where the track needs laying....
I will post some shots at Alresford as and when some track is laid down and I have figured out what Track I need to use and commands for Route Editor...

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Ah-as10

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  casperdog Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm

Hi Andy,
Are you trying to use RE with the default size? A nightmare if you are.

There's a utilities  file on UKTS. File no. 9685 that include a screen re-sizer. I got it to work on Xp and makes it a lot easier.

I couldn't get it to work on W7 but found a tutorial on the Steam4Me site on how to edit the registry to get a larger window. If you have to go down this route you'll be changing the settings in HWrenderer. Once you've changed the settings, make a back up of this part registry as it has a habit of reverting. Its a lot easier (and safer) to merge the back up rather re-doing the registry edit.

Cheers
Clive

casperdog
casperdog

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:52 pm

Hi Clive,
Unfortunately, this installation is away from my main MSTS Install. Hence there is no registry values for this Installation. I will try and see if I can get that MSTS Tweak that you suggested as I too am running Windows 7. All of these things are sent to try us. I found another application called Zero dump download, but this too doesn't work......
But, yes unfortunately I am using the default size.  Shocked  Neutral
Cheers
Andy

*Edit* - Have now got this to work.... Helps if you follow the right link; Here is the link for anyone interested; http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/zero-Dump.shtml#download

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sat 13 Dec 2014, 11:54 pm

Hi all,
An update as to where I am with the Route and my thanks has to go to Clive's Guidance! Very Happy
I have managed to lay the track thus far up to Ropley (From Alresford) and put in a few points for the yard.. I am going to complete this part and then start on the scenic items - Wish me luck!! I think I'm going to need it!!
Anyway a couple of screenshots of the WIP;

Alresford First;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf10

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf11

And at Ropley;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Ropley10

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sun 14 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

You really have got to grips with Route building. I'm very impressed with your progress to date. As an aside I note the slight variation in the "grass", which reminds me when mine looked like that. I assume you are aware that it's related to the graphics card; i.e. the above appearance is often due to a graphics card that's part of the motherboard as distinct from being a stand alone graphics card.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm

I am only using a Laptop as I do for all my work. It saves space and I am aware the graphics aren't as good as they would be from a high end Laptop or Desktop PC. We only live in a flat; albeit a spacious one and my Wife tends to get her own way filling out every crevice with Sheesham Wood Indian Furniture! Look great; albeit damn heavy!! Shocked

Anyway as an update I have started on the modelling side of things! The platform is in place at Alresford. And I have made a start on the Footbridge in TSM of Alresford Footbridge today (Only the Top half and no textures as yet). I have also re-laid the cattle dock area of track as it required a curve and to be a bit closer to the Platform and station building.... Here are the shots;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf12

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf13

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:28 pm

Once you start to add structures I imagine that it's a real fillip to the project. I'll continue to watch with great interest what looks like will be another excellent addition to the MSTS family.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 16 Dec 2014, 11:07 pm

It's only the frame of the Footbridge currently and have added a bit more since I posted that shot and will need to get the size correct afterwards.... But onwards and Upwards! Very Happy
Really enjoying doing something different!
I have only got to the start of laying the points to the shed and workshops at Ropley, but thought I would take a break and start concentrating on some of the models...
I have a long list currently!!! Shocked
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:26 pm

Hi everyone,
No updates as to the track laying, mostly been spending the past couple of days making a start on a couple of models....

Firstly an update on the footbridge. Still some texture work and bits to add, but once it is complete I will go and check and resize if need be.

Here is a screenshot of it so far;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf14

And as of today I made a mega start on Alresford Signal Box. Been spending a lot of time on texture work and alignment as well;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf15

After I have done the texture work and Re-Sizing for the Route and the Internal + Alpha work for the Signal Box, I will relay the rest of the track at Ropley and then go back and do some more modelling! Very Happy

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm

Andy, if only you'd done that footbridge a while back, I could have pinched it for my route! Laughing

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 19 Dec 2014, 10:36 pm

With Permission of course! Wink OK

Still a bit more work to do yet.....

And since my last post have done some more work on Alresford Signal Box, amending and straightening textures..... Quite enjoying myself!!! lol!

I might have a go at doing the cattle dock after this..... Passout

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Sat 20 Dec 2014, 2:33 pm

35005CP wrote:With Permission of course! Wink OK

Of course!

On another note, would it not be wise to move this now to the route-building forum?

Niall

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 20 Dec 2014, 8:16 pm

You're quite right Niall, and I have taken it upon myself to move it!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sat 20 Dec 2014, 8:25 pm

Thanks guys, I was going to move it as and when the route really has taken form... But because so much to do yet, I didn't feel it right to move at this moment in time....At least until all the track has been laid...

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sat 20 Dec 2014, 10:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well it's getting there slowly, albeit have been out all day and out on a job on Monday in Essex! So I doubt very much I will get anything done on Monday!
But here is how the Signal Box is coming along for Alresford from tonight's Re-work of the roof and some of the texture file;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Asb_re10

I am hoping to do the Internal work tomorrow - Or at least make a start on it and finish the External work also!

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale Fri 02 Jan 2015, 8:54 pm

Certainly looking impressive there Andy Very Happy

Wishing you all the best with the route as it progresses!

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 08 Jan 2015, 5:02 pm

Hi Everyone,
An update on progress of the Midhants Route. Getting close to finishing the Signal Box for Alresford......

The Footbridge has had some improvements done, but is becoming a bit of a nightmare to ay the least!

Also struggling to find a Double Slip Crossover to lay in Ropley yard! BrickWall

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 16 Jan 2015, 10:29 pm

Hi everyone,
Apologies for no updates for a week, had a manic week at work and had a day off doing paperwork and other repairs around the home to catch up!
Anyway, this has meant I have spent some time this evening doing a little bit of work on Alresford Footbridge.... I have tided up and aligned some of the sections and I believe it is getting close to completion..... Still have the brickwork to do on one side, but shouldn't take too long to do.... Then I have some rivets to incorporate into some of the textures and once this is finished I can concentrate on the Internal of Alresford Signal box and then on to the next model..... I would have done some more work had I not got home late last night trying to get out of Richmond!...
Anyway here is a shot of the progress of the footbridge....

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Af-110

You will probably thinking something so simple as this would be easy to do! Yet in some ways it isn't! Not sure how the white box area on top of the footbridge is going to be disguised as of yet.......
Anyway I'm still working on the route and not giving up and am dedicating the time I have to getting there with the route....

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 23 Jan 2015, 6:35 pm

Hi all,
An update as to where I am currently...

1) Some more work has been done to the Footbridge at Alresford (Not yet complete) but has been laid in Situ. (Temporarily)
2) Some more Texture work has been done to Alresford Signal Box.
3) All track laid at Ropley now.
4) Scats Warehouse from the UKTS website has been placed in situ at Alresford. Currently playing around with some textures for the Paving in and around Alresford Car Parking area. Photo's will follow at a later date.

Next on the agenda is....
1) Carry on with the Trackwork up to Medstead and 4 Marks.

Today, I haven't had any work on and I found the Route had somewhat got corrupted. I had to run it through Route Riter and rebuild the Track Database. No hardship, but did take some time to get my head around!

My thanks goes to Clive for his help, advice and above all his patience!  Very Happy  - Cheers Clive, it really is much appreciated.

Does anyone know how to go about creating Signals in TSM? I have checked the MSTS TechDocs and the Route Building guide and the normal search on google. But I'm not getting any joy!

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 26 Jan 2015, 6:03 pm

Hi all,

I think I am at a point now where the Footbridge is finished. I could go on with more detail, but this is only going to make it impossible to import into the route. The Signal box just requires the Internal Texture to be done and then that too is ready to go. Following Instructions from Clive, I have managed to smooth the Terrain at Alresford. Then it will be on to trying to model Aresford Station and Cattle Dock.
I have had a brief look at the Signalling and all this will require a lot of work, which means me starting from scratch. Unfortunately there aren't any signals over on UKTS Library that I will beable to use. I think the signalling is going to be the challenging bit! Razz
Anyway here is a screenshot of the Footbridge.....

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Footbr10

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Mon 26 Jan 2015, 6:29 pm

Hi Andy,
Looks good, mate Smile

Well done!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Wed 04 Feb 2015, 10:40 pm

Hi Ged and everyone,
Thanks for the comments.... Coming on slowly; but surely. I have added some scenery (albeit a small amount)
Here are a couple of shots of 35005 Canadian Pacific at Alresford;

I've had a busy week working and I've not been getting home till late. But I have been tinkering over the past couple of evenings and I've had some help with the signalling at Alresford.

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Wed 04 Feb 2015, 11:20 pm

Starting to look good already Andy, It's surprising how much difference a bit of landscaping and a few scenery items make. OK

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:29 pm

Markh5682 wrote:Starting to look good already Andy, It's surprising how much difference a bit of landscaping and a few scenery items make. OK

Thanks Mark, I'm really pleased with how it is coming along..... Been doing some more work on it today and I think after some more signalling work has been done, I will then concentrate on Alresford Station Building....
But here are a few shots on what I have done today;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf13

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf14

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf15

I think after Alresford Station Building has been done, I will then go and extend the track from Ropley to Medstead & Four Marks.... It's good to take a break and do something different... I know they say to lay all the track first..... But I believe this variety keeps things Interesting...

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 23 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm

Hi everyone,
It has been a few weeks since my last update on the Route. Not a great deal has been done as I have been juggling work and my Daughters Birthday (Aka Private Life) and my weekends tend to be taken up around my Inlaws doing work in the garden and up in the attic for their new Surround Setup I have done for them.
But, I have my next Upload going up very soon I hope for what I am calling the "Hastings DEMU Works files"! As my last ones, which were great for my first go at proper model making weren't easy to understand, of which I hope the next batch are better! Very Happy
These will be of DEMU's 1011, 1012 & 1013 in all Green Livery!!
In the meantime the route I have laid track all the way up to Medstead & Four Marks and I have made a good start on the Station Building at Alresford. More buildings to come as and when time allows. Then track to lay to Alton and just slightly beyond to give some scope for 444 Desiro's and Alike. (And yes I do still plan on completing the 444 Desiro's!!!)
In the meantime here is a screenshot on the start to the Station Building; (Textures to do and some Chimney and other buildings alongside to do for it)

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Alresf16

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 03 Mar 2015, 6:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

Not a great deal has been done since my previous post....

Still trying to find a full frontal view of Alresford Station Building so that I can use the different brick textures to put on the model.....
I haven't had any work on today, so I decided to do a little bit of Terrain shaping as a lot of it has to come down level and some needs to go below level on a bank..... It's looking at pictures to find out where the Terrain needs to go up or down or stay level!
Also does anyone have any over-Road Bridges I can use as are used on the Midhants?

Thanks

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

Hi Andy, been following your route and you have made a great start. A long long way to go yet, even for a small route, but you seem to have got the hang of things. Just take your time, try not to do too much in one go and remember, SAVE OFTEN! There is nothing worse than loosing half a days work, if you get a crash, because you hadn't saved your latest additions to your work. Loosing a lot of work can be gut wrenching, its happened to all route builders, believe me. Been there, got the T shirt Rolling Eyes
Look forward to seeing your progress Andy, so I will just wish you all the best and welcome to becoming a Navvy! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:02 pm

Thanks Geoff for the kind comments. I have a hell of a long way to go! I could do with some help with model making for the route... and apologies for the delay in replying....Been having a nightmare with a job in Hammersmith...

But BTW, I have been tinkering over the past couple of evenings and have done the following for the route - Obviously not yet complete;

They are Ropley Water Tower and Alresford Station Building..... Currently trying to find all angles for Alresford Station Building (Including the buffet etc that goes up to the Signal Box... But here is where I am currently in Shape Viewer;

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:21 pm

Hi Andy,
Arlesford station looks good!
The windows and doors look as if they are 3D - if so, that must have taken some time Smile

By the way, you can press F4 to remove the track base.

Well done, mate!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 07 Apr 2015, 8:33 pm

Hi all,

It has been some time since I gave you all an update as to where the Route currently is........

Here are some screenshots, firstly of Medstead & Four Marks;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Medste10

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Medste11

and a couple of Ropley;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route App_ro10

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Ropley10

Still trying to get some texture work done for the Water tower and Alresford Station. Going to try and get these finished off tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Tue 07 Apr 2015, 10:24 pm

Keep up the good work.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Tue 07 Apr 2015, 10:47 pm

Thanks Alec. Will do! Looking at possibly extending to Bentley in the plans for the 3rd rail and utilising the possibility of doing acts for the mainline locos to go off the Midhants onto the mainline...

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Sun 12 Apr 2015, 8:12 pm

Your doing a grand job there Andy.
The only thing is that the down home signal gantry at Medstead is on the wrong side of the track, It is offside for sighting purposes.
What you have created so far really looks good.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 23 Apr 2015, 7:18 pm

Hi all,

Well I guess it's time for another update! Very Happy

Firstly, I have placed the signal at Medstead on the correct side of the track;

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Medste12

Some more work has been done to the Station Building at Alresford;

I am trying to find a head-on picture of the station building from the trackside... If anyone is able to help it would be very much appreciated? Are you able to help Andy M?

And also I found some track joints that were not connected properly between Alresford and Ropley. They were fine, so I have put this down to MSTS throwing a wobbly!! Shocked

My thanks goes to Geoff Forrest for helping me with this. Although not completely fixed the point at Alresford doesn't quite join properly, but I think this is the best I am going to beable to achieve..... Loco's don't seem to de-rail. So I might have to live with that!

And finally Clive and myself have found an issue with the Terrain where I have laid track beyond Medstead & Four Marks as shown in the next picture! But I can bring the Terrain up to the track, but obviously most of the flags will disappear!

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Cliff11

All in all, a lot of Terrain work still to do and building Infrastructure to make! Not sure how it takes some Routes like DC to be done in such a short space of time! Shocked

If anyone wants to help makes models for the Route I'd be gratefully appreciated.

Best Wishes

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  casperdog Thu 23 Apr 2015, 8:20 pm

Hi Andy,
Don't worry about the flags. They will adjust themselves to the terrain.

Cheers
Clive

casperdog
casperdog

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:01 pm

Hi Clive,

Thanks for confirmation of that. Much appreciated. I haven't laid anymore track since yesterday. But I will most certainly follow your words of wisdom in saving a lot more!! Thanks for all your continued help and support. It really is very much appreciated! Very Happy

I have also been doing some more work on Ropley Water Tower. Here it is close to being completed. Just finishing Texture work really is all that is left to do!

Midhants Railway / Watercressline Route Rwt10

Cheers

Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:30 pm

35005CP wrote:

I am trying to find a head-on picture of the station building from the trackside... If anyone is able to help it would be very much appreciated? Are you able to help Andy M?

Sorry Andy, Have trawled through my early slides and only have shots of Alresford with trains in them. and taken from the platforms.
Nice to see that your namesake has received an £895,000 HLF grant and is likely to be steamed in 2018.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next