Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logging in Problems.

2 posters

Go down

Logging in Problems. Empty Logging in Problems.

Post  andrew moody Thu 22 May 2014, 10:46 am

Hello everyone.
Sorry to be a pest, but two days ago I ran a full anti virus scan as I use the "Now unprotected(!??!)" windows XP.
Everything according to my Bullguard was OK.
However since doing this, everytime I want to go on these and the UKTS forums I have to log in, it no longer does it
automaticly for me.
Can anyone with technical expertese please advice me how I can restore this facility? I am not prepared to try and
fiddle with my control settings as I do not know where to look and what to do.
Many thanks.
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Logging in Problems. Empty Re: Logging in Problems.

Post  35005CP Thu 22 May 2014, 1:12 pm

Hi Andy.

Give this a go;

Remembering passwords for websites

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in to your account – like an email, banking or shopping site – Internet Explorer will ask if you want your username and password remembered. The next time you visit the site and start entering your username, Internet Explorer will finish filling in your account info.

Password saving is on by default in Internet Explorer, but here's how to turn off password saving:

1.Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2.Click the Tools button Tools button, then tap or click Internet options.

3.On the Content tab, under AutoComplete, tap or click Settings.

4.tick the Usernames and passwords on forms checkbox, then tap or click OK.

Cheers

Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 22 May 2014, 5:06 pm

Thanks Andy.
But still only partcial sucsess, I now no longer need to fully type in my username and password anymore, the checkbox was already ticked, so I unticked it, reticked it and pressed yes.
However, I am still unable to stay automaticly logged in despite ticking that box and also saying yes to the explorer prompt that asks me if I want internet explorer to remember my prompt.
No Idea why this happens now. but thanks anyway.
Cheers
Andy

Andy Moody (AKA AJ52MDY on the UKTS site) West Moors, Dorset on the "Old Road" closed September 1964

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 22 May 2014, 9:22 pm

Hi Andy,
Try clearing and resetting all your Internet Explorer Settings. When you go and type your Username and Passwords again, you should get a prompt at the bottom saying to remember the password for next time. Also there is a tick box on forums to stay logged in? Are you making sure this is ticked?
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew moody Thu 22 May 2014, 11:00 pm

35005CP wrote:Hi Andy,
Try clearing and resetting all your Internet Explorer Settings. When you go and type your Username and Passwords again, you should get a prompt at the bottom saying to remember the password for next time. Also there is a tick box on forums to stay logged in? Are you making sure this is ticked?
Cheers
Andy
YES IT WORKS NOW Shocked !!!
Again thanks Andy, I just clicked the reset box and everything is working again, Have popped over to MSTS and looked at your post,
then clicled out, re entered and I was still logged in, Also did the same with Alecs workshop notes on this site, wemt out and then
came back on and again all was ok, I dont open my settings normally as I dont really understand what is what so leave well alone.
That is why I don't quite know what caused it to play silly sods, but then again the computer always knows best Surprised  doesn't it? Smile 
Cheers
Andy

andrew moody

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 23 May 2014, 7:50 pm

Hi Andy,
Excellent Stuff! Glad to hear that it's working for you again. Of course it might have something to do with what we did to get you to post Photos??  Very Happy 
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down