Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westvale Activity Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Westvale Activity Ideas Empty Westvale Activity Ideas

Post  35005CP Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:56 pm

Hi all,
With Actober ever looming closer, I have been downloading and installing some other routes from UKTS to try and get the feel for some more activities to be made for them.
I have started with Westvale today and downloaded the stock and relevant acts and getting the following issues on the following acts;

1) Troop train act.  I am getting the following error " Error reading train database file File: Trains\Trainset\GWRBRAKE\GWR20tBkSw.wag Line: 74 and then MSTS crashed back to Trainstore desktop after failing to respond.

2) St Margarets to Boxfield Act. Loads fine but with no cabview (Not a problem I can sort that issue out)

3) LS - Derby Lightweight Run act. I get the following screenshot error before crashing back to Trainstore/Desktop; (after the message says cannot add BRPlankedVan_PlyDr_c (Uid:200102) to world

Westvale Activity Ideas Westva12

4) Lord Sneedford's Hunter Act. Same message in screenshot as no.3, but with the following message afterwards; Cannot add car BR_LMSType_Horrsebox_PV (uid:200032) to world. But Activity loads afterwards (Very strange!) Not tested it completely. Yet!

5) GW first train of the day act. Following error on MSTS startup (Through trainstore of course) Error reading train database file File: Trains\Trainset\GWRBRAKE\GWR24tW.wag Line:3577 - Select Yes to the error and it goes into MSTS with all options greyed out....

6) First Train of the day just crashes to desktop with no error....

No further testing done as yet, but far too many errors, so what am I missing?

Hope someone can help in advance so I can get through some of these routes to check acts and what works and what doesn't and what is or isn't available?

Thanks

Last edited by 35005CP on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Westvale Activity Ideas Empty Re: Westvale Activity Ideas

Post  Markh5682 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 5:38 am

Hi Andy

If you open the act(s) up in AE and look at the loose consists you may find that some are too close to the end of the track, any wagons which are not fully on the track database will give you the above error as shown in your screenshot, if you can locate them just move them along the track till all wagons in the consist show up on the track, it can happen with the player train or traffic too, but it is usually a loose consist that is the culprit, the first set of numbers (EG: 6112+14926) are the world tile that the consist is placed on, which narrows its position down. (can't remember what the other numbers are)

The other one has an error on line 74 of the .wag file. Context will find the line number for you, it should be easy to fix once you have located the line (probably a missing or misplaced bracket or other syntax error).

Do you have MSTSBin installed? stock that has the MSTSBin lighting line(s) added will give you the same line no errors if you don't have Bin installed.

The line3577 error is likely to be at the end of the .wag file (there aren't that many lines in a .wag file) probably a bracket again.

Sorry I cannot check them on mine to give you a more detailed answer with my computer in its current state, but I think you'll find the above is likely to be the answer.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 4:19 pm

Hi Andy,
I have tried starting all those activities you reported having trouble with.  I have had no problems, except as listed below :

LS - Derby Lightweight Run - File ID 12876 (Brunswick Green 110), which is needed for the cabview, installs incorrectly, unless you change the default address supplied, but note that TRAIN\Trainset\ is missing.
Also, there is an error in the #GWR-Manor-66-100-11.sms file; it is reported at line 197, although that is not in error.  Line 128 shows Triggers ( 45  but it should be Triggers ( 47

Regarding your problems with the GWRBRAKE vehicles - There are only 75 lines in each eng file; line 74 is the Sound line, which reads :  Sound ("GenPassWagSteam.sms")  although this doesn't cause a problem on my installation, there is usually a space between the brackets and the quotes, ie Sound ( "GenPassWagSteam.sms" ), and may be the source of your errors.   Unless, of course, you don't have the GenPassWagSteam.sms file! (it's in the Train Simulator\SOUND folder).

Sorry I can't help with the other errors - can't add car usually means there's something wrong with the vehicle (if it was missing you'd get a different message!).  Have you used Route Riter to check the activities?

Finally, I am NOT running it through Train Store - whether that's an element, I can't tell you.  

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Wed 04 Sep 2013, 7:58 pm

Hi Andy
This one looks like there is a spelling mistake in the wag file, BR_LMSType_Horrsebox I think horsebox should only have one r instead of two
Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm

Hi Mike,
No, it's a typo in Andy's post Smile 

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Westvale Activity Ideas Empty Westvale Activity Ideas

Post  35005CP Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:54 pm

Hi Gents,
Thanks for the posts. All sorted now. I reinstalled the Route (Possibly something didn't install correctly or the complete Route Structure?) Also I changed as you suggested #GWR-Manor-66-100-11.sms and that is working fine as well now with no errors. I still need to do the Cabviews, but now I am up and running and doing the length of the line to check for posting ideas for Activities. There doesn't seem to be a lot of places for other stock to pass?
What are other peoples thoughts?
Also I have changed the Subject line.
Thanks again all. Very Happy 

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm

Hi Andy,
There don't seem to be many cabview problems, unless you don't like the Scotsman cab being used on some of the locos! The only "fly in the ointment" is the Class 22 - the specified Warship cabview was withdrawn from the library quite some time ago. However, there is a very simple answer, although it will cost a bit! The Paddington to Penzance CD contains some of the locos from the late lamented Westerns, Warships & Hymeks CD, but more importantly, contains the cabviews and sounds for those locos Smile  The only change needed is to make a copy of the "Class 42" folder (within common.sound) and call it "warship" (without the quotes, of course!).

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:58 pm

Hi Ged,
The Cabview errors only appear to be on a certain loco. I do have the Paddington to Penzance CD anyway.
But going back to the last post, it appears there isn't a lot that you can do with Westvale? No stopping in a particular station to wait for another service to come by? the Scenery and sounds are really good though.
I will try out a few ideas and see what I can come up with though.

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:24 am

Hi Andy,

Could I suggest another route that would be GWR Toddington,it is a briliant route well worth a look,and I think it will give you the things you are looking for,it runs from Chelteham Race course to Toddington,it is the preserved section of the Honeybourne Line.

I think Frank Carver is now making the full version of the line as it was pre closure,he has put some detail of his new route in the navvies page

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:45 pm

Hi Mike,
I am gradually getting through all the different routes to find out which ones we are short of activities for and then I shall be compiling a list of those.

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down