Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actober

+12
dforrest
bharrison
dee4141
mikehendle
NiallGray
gswindale
slipperman12
neanderthal
rufuskins
35005CP
Markh5682
j3801
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Actober - Page 2 Empty Re: Actober

Post  StephenRWells Sun 25 Aug 2013, 10:35 am

Hi Mark and Ged,

Thank you for reminding me about uploading modified versions of other people's work. I would never knowingly upload a modified file without first consulting the original author.

Do you know if Kenji Kimura still takes an interest in MSTS? Since he produced his superb cabviews ( and I think they are still among the best ever made ) there has been nothing further from him. I have produced night versions of some of his cabviews and was wondering whether to approach him with a view to them being uploaded.

This is the first mini route I've installed and I assumed, wrongly as it turns out, that everything is contained within the cd. I also can't spell! - Khia should be KIHA as in your message. Next time I'll unstore everything first just in case.

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sun 25 Aug 2013, 4:07 pm

Hi Stephen,
The last cabview from Kenji Kimura in the UKTS library is dated 2005, so he doesn't seem very active, currently!

I suggest you try his email address : kekimura@ka2.so-net.ne.jp (this is taken from his last cabview - Class 60)

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenRWells Sun 25 Aug 2013, 5:45 pm

Hi Ged,

Thanks, but it will probably have to wait until I've finished the SCP activities for Actober. Plus it's nice to drive other peoples activities as well as mine when I get the time!

Regards,

Stephen
StephenRWells
StephenRWells

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

Well Folks,

In 9 days the fun will commence, that’s right Actober is just around the corner.
I hope to see some great activities coming out soon.

Justin

Actober - Page 2 Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

https://tsforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sun 29 Sep 2013, 2:25 pm

Hi Guys,

As Actober is one day away, I thought I’d make a start: I have at least 3 activities almost ready for the Crosby Valley Railway (I plan to do at least 16). The activities are set as though the time is early BR period (early logo, Crimson & Cream coaches, etc.)  and they are going to be set as though it was a 14 hour shift (with a 1.5hr lunch break).

So far it has been quite fun trying to get the exact setups that I have wanted for each activity. I have kept the overall number of required files to a minimum (thanks mostly to Ian Macmillan’s great BR common wagons pack). So long as you have the Crosby Valley Railway stock pack, there is only an extra 15 files required (I have kept all the stock for all activities so once they are made you will only need these files to get the activities to run).

Justin

Actober - Page 2 Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Sun 29 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm

Sounds good Justin! Very Happy 
I too am embarking on an Activity which (As I can tell) only requires the MT London South-East Add-On and my DEMU units, of which testing is going quite well on so far....
Mine though should be available the middle of October or there-abouts, because of also testing the DEMU sets.
Thanks.

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:30 pm

I note that UKTS have made a reference to Actober in their announcements and I quote:-

Following on from the fantastic success of 'June is MSTS Month', which saw a huge surge in content being uploaded for MSTS, we've decided to run another initiative.
Going for a slight pun, we decided on Actober, an idea to increase the number of activity

It is very pleasing to see the idea promoted there as well as here, but please read the reference to "we" as Niall Gray. This followed on from a discussion between myself and Niall via TSSH as to how best to build on "June is MSTS Month".

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Mon 30 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

Laughing That is indeed my post from the forums a while back! Laughing 

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyhap Tue 01 Oct 2013, 12:48 am

I have deleted all of my harsh criticism as it no longer applies. A big thank you goes to Pete P for changing things, and to all those who worked to accomplish that.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited by tonyhap on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

tonyhap

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Tue 01 Oct 2013, 10:03 am

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

If anyone deserves credit, it's those who put the time in to upload acts during 'Actober'.

On a side note, I went to do an invoice to send off to a client I did some work for and dated it "1st Actober"!!! DOH! Embarassed 

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Tue 01 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Not to sound like a fool here, but I would like to call for peace on this matter. Some people who have been involved in getting Actober up and running are annoyed by what has taken place (putting it mildly). However as a group I believe that this forum can rise above this and prove that we are the better people in this situation.

We are trying to heal and promote our part of the hobby after all that has gone down. I believe that it would be a great pity if we were to let this incident split the group even further. I am not condoning what has been done, I am in fact offended by it, however: I refuse to resort to similar tactics that could potentially divide friends and splinter the hobby permanently.

I will send Peter a polite note suggesting that he amend the announcement to show that it was Naill and Alec idea rather than one that they created themselves.

Justin

Actober - Page 2 Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm

Everyone, please read.

I've had a PM from Pete, details of which will be kept between ourselves. While I wasn't too fussed about the post on UKTS, and won't lose sleep over it, I can understand why some people are upset.

As a result, the offending posting on UKTS has been deleted and I have offered to write a replacement post for the front page.

Please can we all draw a line under it and move on. A mistake happened, it's being rectified and we can't let it act as a distraction.

Thank you,

Niall

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 21 Oct 2013, 6:59 pm

Today has been a very good day for activities, and therefore together with Andy's DEMUs and Darwin's LMS Locos ACTOBER is looking good.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:09 pm

28 MSTS uploads, with plenty of acts in there.

As Alec said, it's "been a very good day".

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Mon 21 Oct 2013, 8:29 pm

Hello all.Today has without any doubt been a really good day for the "Grand old Lady" of Railway Simming.
I myself have put Scottish Central Plus back on my PC and surprised myself when it ran,my reason for doing so was seeing a couple of new activities for it -Cameron Bridge to Edinburgh Waverley and Edinburgh Princes Street to Glasgow and of course I could not but install the "Hastings Sets" (just need an act for them now).
Even though this may not be the place to say it-Thank You all Regards

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Mon 21 Oct 2013, 9:08 pm

Hi Roger,
Glad you like them. I am currently working on an Act for LSE incorporating the DEMU's and I will TRY my hardest to get these out before the end of Actober! I would say unlikely as doing my Act and testing Justin's Acts as well... Which I plan on doing in great detail tomorrow! Very Happy 
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  marcus1940 Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:13 pm

Hi Stephen,
I would just like to say a big thank you for the activities you have uploaded to UKTS. To be able to download 10 or 12 activities with NO additional stock or file requirements is just brilliant. As a pensioner I can't afford to keep up a subscription to UKTS and I have found in the past SO many acts require additional payware or freeware downloads I just gave them away. So, once again, thank you very much.
Regards
Mike
New Zealand

marcus1940

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

No worries Andy,take your time,we can all wait.I've been told by the Missus that there are other things in life than MSTS,but I think She's telling fibs. regards,

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  dforrest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:29 pm

marcus1940 wrote:Hi Stephen,
I would just like to say a big thank you for the activities you have uploaded to UKTS. To be able to download 10 or 12 activities with NO additional stock or file requirements is just brilliant. As a pensioner I can't afford to keep up a subscription to UKTS and I have found in the past SO many acts require additional payware or freeware downloads I just gave them away. So, once again, thank you very much.
Regards
Mike
New Zealand
Perhaps we should ask UKTS to conside a reduced Premium Subscription rate for us pensioners.

--------------------
David
dforrest
dforrest

Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 4:24 am

Well folks, it has finally happened,

I have managed to upload the first 8 of my activities for the Crosby Valley Railway (v2).
They are setup as though you are on the morning shift on the line working with Thompson L1 67750.
Keep an eye out for them coming out as UKTS file ID: 31867.

So that you can get ready here is the list of the main extra files needed (Please note that you also need to download any patches and extra files needed to make the items of rolling stock to work.)

UKTS_10461_BR_J15
UKTS_31334_DR_BR_A3_60097
UKTS_31299_DR_BR_A4_60029
UKTS_30998_DR_BR_B1_61002
UKTS_31197_DR_BR_L1_67750
UKTS_31515_BR_WagonPack1
UKTS_29405_CVR_Trainset_1
UKTS_29406_CVR_Trainset_1
UKTS_30062_BR_exLNER_NPCS_Crimson
UKTS_28490_LNER61ft6inchC&Cv2
UKTS_28648_Gresley_51ft_Subs_Crimson
UKTS_14820_RH&DR300Series
UKTS_17468_FDB007_K3_61973
UKTS_17435_FDB002_V2_60969
UKTS_17443_FDB004_N2_69576
UKTS_16888_BowaterK1
UKTS_11971_GotmilkBR1.0

Justin

Edit: The file has now been approved.

Actober - Page 2 Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bharrison Sun 27 Oct 2013, 3:31 pm

Hi All,

Despite being busy with other things this month. I've got some acts in testing finally but I'm not aiming to have them released for actober to sadly I'm counting my acts out for actober as it'll put to much strain on me to rush these. I'm out for actober.

Sorry

Thank You Ben  A4PSmember[b][color=#ff9933]
bharrison
bharrison

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Mon 28 Oct 2013, 8:34 am

Ben
No need to apologise, as activities in November or December are just as valuable as Actober. Take your time as MSTS should be a pleasure and not a chore!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 Fri 08 Nov 2013, 12:20 am

Hi Everyone,

Well now that October has ended (I’m a week late I know) I would like to thank everyone who contributed anything towards Actober and helping to keep our hobby in the spotlight. Despite a rocky start I think that as the first event promoted by our forum it went well.

Keep all those good ideas coming guys, the future of our hobby depends on them.

Justin

Actober - Page 2 Sig10
j3801
j3801
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:36 am

Let me echo those sentiments. Well done and thank you.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:06 am

Hi,

I would just like to thank Stephen,for his excellent set of activities for SCP+,Darwin for his LMS activities,and Justin,for his CVR activities,sorry Darwin I didn't down load yours for me there was just to much to down load.
Sorry if I forgot to mention any of the other activity writers who made actober activities.

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 08 Nov 2013, 2:13 pm

Hi everyone,
I can safely say that I echo Justin's comments completely. Although we didn't get as much activities as maybe it was anticipated, we did get other things as well.
If it wasn't for the fact I was concentrating on getting my DEMU's finished and testing Justin's Acts, I might have been able to find some time to do a couple myself. I still have 2 started, but no where near finished yet. so watch this space!! Very Happy 

Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 08 Nov 2013, 7:08 pm

Hello All I also would like to say a big thank you to all of the people that worked so hard and made contributions to MSTS,I myself have done nothing and apart from SC+ have not even managed to get anything to work,this of course is nothing unusual for me.
So a big "THANK YOU ALL "is in order,or as they say "Diolch yn Fawr",Roger

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:55 pm

Hi roger,
If you post the problems you are having and download the stock list in the readme's you shouldn't have a problem? I am sure if there is an issue, then we can resolve it?!
You can do a bulk search over on UKTS with the File ID's in question. Also if the owners upload correctly at the bottom of their Acts are the Stock required to run these acts.
I hope this helps?
Cheers
Andy

35005CP
35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:35 am

Hi,

I'm a bit like Roger with down loading items needed to run some activities,some times you can get a activity that requires stock that has either been changed and given a new file ID number,or withdrawn completely,luckily I know how to use convoi so I can replace missing items.

Stephen with his SCP+ activities only used Loco's and Stock that came with the SCP+ DVD,which does make life a lot easier,some times I wonder why some activity makers want to down load say a different B1 to one of those that is in the route stock pack,this happens quite often. I don't bother to down load them I just use one of the route supplied loco's,the problem is harder if the route is a mini route.

I also like Clive's method with Thames - Trent, admittedly initially you have quit a list of Items of loco and stock to down load,,but once you have them any new activity Clive makes only uses those items.

Lets face it a lot of the new DVD's come with plenty of loco's and stock that you don't really need any more,just take a look at Danny's south eastern steam era route,there virtually nearly every class of loco that ran on it BR days.

Please don't think I'm nit picking but some of us find Stephens method better for us,at least we know the activity will run straight away with out hours of down loading items,especially if you haven't got premium membership,which these days I tend to get it on a as and when needed bases,that is now when a new route comes out

Mike

mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  Markh5682 Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:54 am

I agree with you there Mike, I have abandoned many an activity because of the sheer number of stock items required to be added, sometimes for older acts the stock is no longer available or require payware add-ons.

Mark
Markh5682
Markh5682

https://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 09 Nov 2013, 12:07 pm

Certainly having to download numerous stock items can seem like a bit of a chore, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that someone has spent time and effort to create an activity that they are prepared to upload for the benefit of others.
To my way of thinking that is analogous to those who spend years generating routes that are then freely made available to the rest of us. I for one would be very reluctant to criticise anyone however mildly for creating an activity that requires a little effort from the rest of us.
I agree that where activities require pay ware stock then it might be of value to have an alternative that uses free ware stock.
Finally I would reiterate my thanks for those who have made available to me their activities that I appreciate has involved time and effort, THANK YOU! OK  OK  OK 

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:07 pm

Hi,
As a kind of extension to Clive's ideas, over the past few years, whenever I've downloaded anything for an activity, I've saved it in an archive. Nowadays, anything appearing in the library that I have even the remotest interest in gets downloaded and stored. I do get caught out sometimes when the author issues an update or correction using the same file ID, but it's easily managed!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm

Hi
I have a feeling I have as usual put my great big foot in it again, unfortunately some of us get in a right state when it comes to down loading a lot of stock,that is why I said that sometimes it is a lot easier for us when some one makes activities that just use the stock that comes with a route.
I have got to the stage that now that MSTS is not getting enjoyable any more,mainly because if I say some thing then I get jumped on,oh well hope fully the next stroke will finish me off.
Mike

mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:36 pm

Mike, please don't feel like that if anything it was me having another moan,not you.
Alec,I always say thank you for any thing MSTS, BUT unlike you there ARE people out there that just cannot seem to find their way through downloading stock,only today I chickened out on downloading a train as I have no idea how to do half the things it asks for,moving A 2 B,altering W 2 Z,just where do I find a common cab folder,may be simple to most,but not to all,in fact I would say its never so.
Just to show though "Again ,Thank you to all those among us that give so much of their time and effort in making for and keeping alive MSTS Regards  Roger.

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:43 pm

Hi Mike,
Many apologies if my post read as if I was jumping on you! Nothing was further from my mind - it was just me sharing the way I handle my MSTS setup.
I agree with you regarding Stephen's method of creating activities - after all, if the route comes with a large amount of stock, it makes sense to make use of it! In such a situation there may be times when the odd download is required for a specific scenario (can I use that word in reference to MSTS?!).

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins Sat 09 Nov 2013, 2:56 pm

I had certainly no intention of offending anyone, and if I did then please accept my apologies. My problem is that I always want to be positive about MSTS and perhaps I sometimes go a little bit over the top.

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle Sat 09 Nov 2013, 4:54 pm

Hi All
Sorry I'm having  bad day feeling depressed that's the trouble with strokes,It was probably the way I wrote it,again due to the stroke you know what you want to say or write but it then gets scrambled up.

Hi Roger the common cab and common sound folders should be in your main trainset,most newer cabs\sounds self install into those folders,if after checking your trainset folder if they are not there just create 2 folders and name them common.sound and common.cab.

If you want a laugh I have just made a N gauge Diorama it has one platform a run round loop and a siding,and a three road fiddle yard,you should see me trying to put stock on that my hand shakes so much takes me ages to put a 0-6-0 and even longer to put a bogie coach on I get one set of wheels on the track then when try to put the other end on I knock the first set off,the stock seem to light at times.

Mike

mikehendle
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2