Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chablais route

3 posters

Go down

Chablais route Empty Chablais route

Post  Jonathan David Sat 11 May 2024, 11:00 am

I have been playing with the very nice Chablais route. I was surprised to find the branch to Evian as I only knew about the branch from Geneva, but sure enough it was built around 1978 and although it runs to a French town it is operated by the Swiss.
But the question is about metre gauge stock. There is some MOB stock in my collection. but is there something specific I have not found for the Blonay Chamby preserved line?
And even more important, there are two metre gauge branches from Aigle. Any ideas on appropriate stock? One is very steep and seems to be rack fitted - I arrived at Aigle from the top at about 400 km/h with both conventional and dynamic brakes on!
As far as i can see it is two different companies which have a siding connection at Aigle station.
It is great to find at least part of the MOB as I have travelled on it - highly recommended.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Chablais route Empty Re: Chablais route

Post  neanderthal Sat 18 May 2024, 9:02 am

I tried to use this Route, but couldn't understand the complexities of downloading the stock required, so only ran a small section in Explore Mode.
It' surely is a pretty Route....Neanderthal

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 18 May 2024, 4:04 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Back in April, I downloaded a file named :  Matériel roulant_Chablais.zip. It contains 49 folders in TRAINSET and 147 consists, but I've no idea where I got it!!  There's no readme in it and Google isn't much help, either!
Maybe you already have that file?  Maybe, even, you posted the link to it?  Who knows!!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sat 18 May 2024, 9:21 pm

Thanks for the reminder of that download, which I have. I have unzipped it again but kept the contents separate from the main folders so that I can identify them.
It looks as if the files with the first letters of the names AL are probably for the Aigle-Leysin line (the more northerly one from Aigle) which is a rack line though the stock has no descriptions.
The MOB ones are obviously for the Montreux Oberland Bahn from Montreux.
Those of the SBB are also obvious.
The AOMC items are for the Aigle-Ollon-Monthey-Champéry line which as far as I can tell runs roughly south from Aigle. It is a rack line.
The ASD stock is for the Aigle-Sepey-Diablerets line which runs easterly from Aigle (but does not go all the way) and does not use the rack.
RBE I cannot identify though the two are both carriages.
TPC is Transports Publics du Chablais and seems also to be for the Diablerets line though only the TPC_401_NL specifically says so which means that they might also operate on the Champéry line.
That explains why I had problems with MOB stock on the Leysin line as it is not designed for the rack.
Incidentally, it probably does not matter but the three rack lines use two different rack systems.
Anyway, now time to try the right stock on the right line and see what happens.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 18 May 2024, 10:39 pm

Hi Jonathan,
I haven't looked at that stock but wonder if the rack railway is similar to the Snowdon Mountain Railway.  
If so, it'd be interesting to see how the .eng file/s have been coded to use the steep inclines, particularly with regard to running with Open Rails.
As I posted elsewhere, after making some modifications to the .eng file, using MSTS, I was able to drive the train up and down Snowdon without too much trouble, but with Open Rails, I couldn't even get up the first incline out of Llanberis!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sat 15 Jun 2024, 6:46 pm

I have created four simple activities for narrow gauges lines in this route. However, the Aigle-Ollon-Monthey-Champéry line is not included in the route, except for s short length where it crosses another line, although there is stock.
I have called the short line from Montreux the Marmot Line as that was how it advertised itself when I visited a couple of decades ago. There is no stock so I have used the MOB unit – there is a unit parked in the station but I am not clever enough to use it for an activity.
Note that despite the name of the consist the MOB 2-car unit is in fact RhB stock.
The Leysin route is a rack route and I failed to get up it, I hope other will have better luck.
All these lines are unfinished, petering out and/or having the stations present but not named.
All the stock and consists should already be in your Trains folder.
There is already an activity for the Blonay-Chamby preserved line using MOB stock.
And there are great views over Lac Leman when climbing from Montreux and of Aigle town as you pass through the streets.
Anyway. Please feel free to try the activities and report back.
Unfortunately TSSH says there is no room for me to add the file so please PM me if you would like it.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 15 Jun 2024, 8:41 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Unfortunately we're not able to add any attachments to posts.  I reported it some time ago but haven't seen a solution yet!

I've just, unsuccessfully, tried to add .jpg and .zip files.

If you can access, or create a, Google Drive for yourself, you can upload your activities to it then include a link in your post.
There are other drives on the 'cloud' which allow free usage.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan David Sat 15 Jun 2024, 9:29 pm

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Sat 15 Jun 2024, 10:23 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks, mate Smile
I should be able to have a look at them tomorrow.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down