Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thames Mersey electric version

2 posters

Go down

Thames Mersey electric version Empty Thames Mersey electric version

Post  Jonathan David Sat 27 Apr 2024, 6:02 pm

I have just been exploring the area around Liverpool and Birkenhead. I had completely forgotten just how much there is in the docks etc. Even Ford Halewood. A magnificent effort.
But I noticed that even though the main lines have colour light signalling tom go with the catenary, the non-electrified lines which have semaphore signalling have the original upper quadrant signals with lower quadrant arms from the Settle-Carlisle route.
So my question is whether it would be possible by a simple find and replace exercise to replace these with something more realistic. I am pretty sure I know the answer butn I thought it worth asking anyway, and giving a plug for the route which although elderly, is well worth driving on.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down

Thames Mersey electric version Empty Re: Thames Mersey electric version

Post  slipperman12 Sat 27 Apr 2024, 6:16 pm

Hi Jonathan,
I think you need a route builder to give you a 'proper' answer, but I don't think it would be difficult. However, I'd like to clarify what you've written!
You said
the non-electrified lines which have semaphore signalling have the original upper quadrant signals with lower quadrant arms from the Settle-Carlisle route.
When the signals are 'off', are they displayed in the upper quadrant, or in the lower quadrant?  If in the upper, are you saying that their colours are wrong?

A screenshot would be useful!

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down