Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FDD Ferrovia delle Dolomito

3 posters

Go down

FDD     Ferrovia delle Dolomito Empty FDD Ferrovia delle Dolomito

Post  neanderthal Thu 15 Feb 2024, 9:32 am

Hello all, could anyone in the know point out just what (and probably why) somethings are missing.
FDD     Ferrovia delle Dolomito Willia10

I believe there should be an Engine, 2 Freight Wagons and 2 Coaches. They all appear to be in my Trainset Folder .
Being as its a  Passenger run it would seem silly stopping at all stations without a reason !

Below is the more modern Stock for this line (just for showing,nothing to do with my Problem)
FDD     Ferrovia delle Dolomito Open_r48

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

https://rogers.smith1@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

FDD     Ferrovia delle Dolomito Empty Re: FDD Ferrovia delle Dolomito

Post  darwins Thu 15 Feb 2024, 9:53 am

If you post the OR Log file then we can see if OR thinks that things are missing.

darwins

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 15 Feb 2024, 10:21 am

Hello Darwin  I take it you wouldn't want me to Post the whole Log, so unless you do this is what I've found,

Warning: Ignored missing wagon C:\FDD\trains\trainset\AGGM_fdd_2ax\AGGM_fdd_2ax.wag in consist C:\FDD\TRAINS\CONSISTS\SFD_GuglielmoTell_Expr.CON

Warning: Ignored missing wagon C:\FDD\trains\trainset\AGGM_fdd_2ax\AGGM_fdd_2ax.wag in consist C:\FDD\TRAINS\CONSISTS\SFD_GuglielmoTell_Expr.CON.

Apart from that there appears to be hundreds of lines, of info all way above my head.
The line runs nicely for the whole length though Signals all show Halt, but green on Track Monitor.

Thank you for your reply, Neanderthal (especially when it comes to PC's).

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  darwins Thu 15 Feb 2024, 12:23 pm

You have found the important bit. It says that it can not find the wagons. C:\FDD\trains\trainset\AGGM_fdd_2ax\AGGM_fdd_2ax.wag and so on.

Check carefully that the wagons are there in the exact folder mentioned and that wagon and folder names are spelled correctly.

darwins

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 15 Feb 2024, 4:42 pm

Hi Roger,
Using MSTS_ActMan, two stock folders are missing - AGGM_fdd_2ax and FDD_Spassaneve.
When initially installed, the first is missing and the second is named SFD_Spazzaneve.

A patch was released, which corrects these errors - Patch1.rar

Hope this helps Smile  Despite its name, you can use MSTS_ActMan for checking most MSTS/ORTS activities

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

neanderthal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 15 Feb 2024, 8:25 pm

Thank you both for your assistance in this bit of self inflicted Cock up,now I have the missing stock I appear to have done something as the Steam Engines have no Sound (Electric are fine).
I think it may be best if I uninstall it and try starting from the beginning.
PS I do get a lot of Wheel screaming ?
I will try and reload a new MSTS from C/D (not that that worked last time I tried)

Still I have just put the latest version of Mid East Seam on (runs lovely)...Neanderthal

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 15 Feb 2024, 8:42 pm

Hi Roger,
Assuming you are running this route in Open Rails, why are you wanting to try re-installing MSTS?  If it didn't work last time (although I don't know why!), you could land yourself with more frustration Smile

Which locos give 'wheel screaming'?

Which version of Open Rails are you using?

Cheers,
Ged

Intel i5 4690K (3.5GHz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB), ASUS Xonar DS Sound Card, Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Thu 15 Feb 2024, 9:48 pm

I'm running ORNYMG-Rev 149.4
SDF- M32.... SFD-Henschel Mallet M32.

The reason I thought I may require MSTS is that I believe I read somewhere that it requires some of the sound files from the Flying Scotsman Loco.?
BUT I COULD BE WRONG .
I believe the wheel Screech is from some (Track) sounds I may have downloaded from (Stuart Williamson ?) at some time in the past.
BUT AGAIN I COULD (probably am) BE WRONG as that would have been on MSTS.

Sorry to be a bother,but I do think this Route to be something special and would love to get it working.
Of course there is also the chance that it doesn't like O.R.

I've just put Mid east Steam on, that at least I appear to have got right, it runs great... Neanderthal. Very Happy floging a dead horse floging a dead horse

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 Thu 15 Feb 2024, 10:31 pm

Hi Roger,
MidEast Steam??  That is an old MSTS route!

It doesn't matter which sounds you have installed, if the route and stock don't use them, you won't hear them!

Returning to the  Italian route -
A large number of files are reported as missing by sms_Checker.  These include many from  the default 380, Scotsman, GP38, HHP, KIHA31 and Dash9.  There are also many 'format' errors.

If you've already got an unpacked version of MSTS somewhere (it doesn't have to be runable), you can copy the above default loco folders into the TRAINSET folder of  the FERROVIA DELLE DOLOMITI installation.  It would also be a good idea to copy the contents of the 'old' MSTS main SOUND folder into that of the  Dolomiti route, BUT don't allow any overwrites..Even doing this still results in more than 100 missing files but I believe many of those are because there are some unused .sms files in the Dolomiti main SOUND folder!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal Fri 16 Feb 2024, 10:03 am

Sorry Ged "Mid East Coast" not steam. I think my Brain Box has finally gone altogether., Roger Duh!

Roger
neanderthal
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down