Train Sim Safe House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian Routes Il Deposito

2 posters

Go down

Italian Routes Il Deposito Empty Italian Routes Il Deposito

Post  tonya37 Sat 02 Sep 2023, 10:33 am

After seeing Neanderthal's fascinating screenshots of the Diakofto line (from Trainsimhobby, which is probably the premier Italian download site) I would like to recommend what I believe to be the best quality Italian MSTS and OR sites - IlDeposito.net, by Renzo Grassi. The site features models authored mostly by Renzo. These models are, quite frankly, superb, accurate and detailed. I can vouch for this having seen some of the rolling stock prototypes at the Railway Museum in Trieste. The site is in Italian (surprise!) and English.

The site celebrates its 20th birthday this year!

The site hosts Renzo's version of the SCR "LMS Leeds-Settle-Carlisle in 1910 - 1920 Ver. 2.0" (note the inclusion of Leeds). Associated with the route is an extensive collection of rolling stock - LNWR, MR (a huge collection), LYR, NER, Maryport and Carlisle, GNR,  - carriages, goods wagons, POWS, brake vans and of course steam locomotives and cabs. There is also a "Settle - Carlisle stem loco rolling stock megapack" - 72 MB.

There are many small, obscure but most interesting routes available including  Ferrovia a cremagliera Diakofto - Kalavrita which Neanderthal has illustrated so beautifully. My favourite is "Parenzana 1901 - 1935 Route and Rolling Stock" which ran from Trieste through Istria to Parenzano in what is now known as Croatia. My interest was sparked when I was sent a copy of a jewel of a book (more a monograph really) called "Cara Parenzana" by Giulio Roselli. It is illustrated by many detailed diagrams and drawings, and contemporaneous photographs.

There are many historical routes (five different eras) all equallly fascinating. Italy was a pioneer of electric trains and Renzo provides historical models of all eras including the original tri-phase locos. He also has equivalent age stem locos.

All in all this is a site well worth visiting if only to browse through the various offerings. If nothing else, try out the Leeds, Settle Carlisle route. Or, like Neanderthal, you might find something a little more exotic that takes your fancy!

tonya37

Back to top Go down

Italian Routes Il Deposito Empty Re: Italian Routes Il Deposito

Post  Jonathan David Sun 03 Sep 2023, 8:56 am

Many thanks for flagging up that site. I have a couple of his routes (including Parenzana and Leeds-Settle-Carlisle - and some of his stock though evidently downloaded from different sites. There seems to be some beautiful material here. And your screenshot makes me think that I must have an earlier version of the former route.
So much site exploration ahead.
Jonathan

Jonathan David

Back to top Go down